1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The one you remember the most.

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by armchairblue, Oct 14, 2018.

1. 14 March 1987. FA Cup Quarter final at Highbury. Watford were 2-1 up with a minute to go and Arsenal thought they had a penalty. The ref waved play on and whilst they were still arguing with the ref Luther Blissett ran the length of the pitch to seal the deal. Cue utter pandemonium in the Clock End. That Arsenal team beat Liverpool in the league cup final that year so were a decent side.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Remember that game well. Blissett was a cracking player too. And one of those who had to put up with dogs abuse from racist fans back in those days.

Deleted....... likes this.
  3. Libby

Libby 9-0

2 years ago today I was waking up in Milan ready to go to the San Siro. Shows how quickly things can change...

armchairblue and Archers Road like this.
  4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

West Ham 0 v 4 Liverpool 1976
    Saw a Toshack hatrick plus diving header from Keegan .
    It was fairly memorable even without the game the highlight being squeezing into a tiny lift to find the other occupant was John Lyall who didn't seem impressed i'd not only managed to gain entrance thru the officials entrance and was now having a mixture of Players No 6 & Whisky breathed on him.<laugh>

(Very) Belated thanks to the West Ham steward who was a top bloke that day <applause>

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

1996 playoff final Leicester City vs Crystal Palace at old Wembley.

It was 1-1 with penalties inevitable so Martin O'Neill decides to send on Spider Kalac - a near 7ft keeper.

Everyone in our section was marvelling at the absolute unit except me and my uncle who witnessed the below :1980_boogie_down:

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

wonderful misskick <laugh>

7. The Ginger Marks

Chelsea v Preston FA Cup 1969 winning 2-0 Bingo! Floodlight failure. Replay on a Monday, Preston score after 15 minutes and defend stoutly. Chelsea scored two goals in the 92 minute, Cooke and Webb. Heart stopping entertainment.

8. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Showing your age there like, just how ****ing old are you?

9. The Ginger Marks

Same age as my tongue but older than my teeth.:emoticon-0109-kiss:

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

This is sort of difficult ... my first game was in 1969/70 home to Brum, first game of new season in old second division having been relegated and lost the cup final to Man City the season before ... won 3-1 and I loved every minute

,,,, loads of ups and downs over the years and amazing drama ... was at Filbo for the FA Cup Q/F in the early 80s when we had 3 different keepers in the match in a mad game against Shrewsbury - eventually won 5-2

... but the one I will have remembered most on the day I meet my maker will likely be this ...

.... what an amazing day ... and difficult to put into words for a lad born in Leicester General Hospital in 1959 who could only dream of his team perhaps winning an FA Cup ... never imagined there would be a day like this in my wildest dreams ...<cheers>

Libby and The Ginger Marks like this.

11. The Ginger Marks

Sad that some will never experience it.