1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

David gemmell was a well known British writer who used a well worn type trope in all his works.

He died after book 2 of a 3 book series on troy and his wife finished it. It was patently obviously not him.

2. Turbia Milk

Turbia Milk Well-Known Member

This may come across as sexist, but women as a whole tend to have very different writing styles than men. (Even AI can usually accurately tell if an author is male or female from just a few sentences).

Not saying one sex is better than the other, but replacing one author with one of the opposite sex is not going to transition well.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd agree. I've a long list of very good female writers I have read, it's not like they also don't hat very formulaic ways to construct their novels as well but you can tell the difference in perspective between the two points of view.

Males will write from male perspectives even if they have a female hero or protagonist. Example might be Brandon sanderson who had a female lead in one of his series

Female authors will in general have a different style and can be stronger on relationships.

I mean it's amazing how the marvel team have made an utter ****show out of she hulk by doing just this. It's ****ing dire.

4. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

George Elliott was a bloke wasn't she? <laugh>

5. Turbia Milk

Yes, and Boy George was too.

6. Turbia Milk

My daughter will watch anything with the Marvel tag on it. She was watching she-hulk while I was working in the same room one day.

That is probably the worst show I've ever seen.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  7. Turbia Milk

Jane Austen is interesting, one of Britain's most famous authors. It is strongly believed by some she actually had terrible grammar and very poor writing skills. Her editor is believed to have actually written most of her work, converting her barely legible notes into actual readable manuscripts.

Not sure how true that is.

8. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Real name Mary Anne Evans, I think

9. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Yep

10. moreinjuredthanowen

I can't decide if it's cos we are hopeless male chauvinists or it's **** for all humanity. Just can't decide.

Turbia Milk likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Andor, interesting.

not amazing in terms of action

Decent without going nuts.

I know it's star wars tradition but seeing folk pull out ak47s and mp42s as "blasters" is just odd really.

A good episode with plenty of disposable characters deaths but the trope with the manifesto of the weedy lad being added to andor plus the rejection if the get rich quick scheme is all setting up the conversion to the rebel cause.

12. Turbia Milk

Bad acting. Bad editing. Unbelievable story line. Attempts at humour were lame. I'm not against a She-hulk (although the name itself is sexist, should she not have her own title instead of she-hulk... It's like if they called He-man's sister She-man instead of she-rah).

13. moreinjuredthanowen

There's another episode today. Not sure I'll bother.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

House of dragon

boring. Oh i know what its trying to do but as a prequel we all know who wins.

this corpse kind is all fun and well done but its been 8 espodies of of this lad slowly dying and how many jumps in age and kid actors?

It's fairly bloody obvious we are going to kill of these bastards and get to the real son of the two so its hard enough invest in actors playing them without changing them constantly.

I am.waiting for the civil war or some action tbh.

Politically, comparing this to how cercei beasted the highgardens (as in absolutely beasted them literally) makes this all seem piss weak.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

Rings of power

well, they did it.

it was very well done, a very impressive show indeed.

A pity it was blindingly obvious and just..... well, they should have spent a season on the rings and making them, never mind a half episode.

Its just disappointing the story telling didnt match the cinematography of this episode

Rushed.

16. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I agree I thought the 2nd half of the last episode would be taking place over the next series.

The two reveals could still have taken place, one just for the audience of course.

17. Turbia Milk

Overall the last episode I found to be a bit boring. Season overall was good though. Some episodes were clearly better than others. With each episode costing almost as much as block buster movie, it had better be good though... <laugh>

the two reveals were about what had expected for a long time. Figured Habrand was Sauron pretty early... But there was one massive clue I completely missed until the last episode. Halbrand being a blacksmith... Of course Sauron would have those tendencies, being the creator of the one ring.

Knew meteor man would be wizard, but it wasn't until last episode it really confirmed he was Gandalf, not just any wizard. (Although Gandalf was always the main suspicion) Before then couldn't be certain if he was Gandalf or another one.

18. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Watched The Northman.save yourselves
    2 hrs 15 mins of time coz you'll never get it back.
    If you've seen any of the Vikings series then don't bother with this and if you haven't this isn't the right film to start watching about them.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

Seen episode 4?

Still very very good.

This is one to watch

luvgonzo likes this.
  20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yes, really good show. Hopefully just a one off.

Zorba likes this.