1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Yes. Thought it was very funny and entertaining.

Amazon can afford it

2. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Well they've just spent £1billion on adapting a bunch of footnotes and bits and bobs.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

They are just doing to excess now.

It was hilariously silly and you just ignore how staged it is in general. Like.. we all know ow they didn't wander onto a ski slope and didn't really randomly well what happened then so it's all about the interactions and just have a laugh.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

There was plenty of action, Gandalf action, trixy elf fighting, exploding boats, building where the rings come from, what the **** else do you want? It's a TV series inevitably there will be a next episode.

5. RogerisontheHunt

Is it Gandalf though?

Technically its way early for Gandalf and the other Wizards, he comes after the rings cause he's sent to combat and aid against Sauron and the Ring.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

Gandalf (we still have no confirmations its him) little bit was just set up for bigger things

Elf fighting was meh. Her skills were established episode 1 so this was a mere light work out. Again it's teasing major battle coming.

The elrond/durin stuff is more revealing for me and more of the type of story building that should be going on mixed in with more major action.

The ships were just a vehicle to reveal the plots that were then discussed. If you look at it then those ships are never holding 500 warriors nor the horses that the trailers tease next.

The best bit for me is actually with the elf and woman. We just saw what clearly is saurons sword in that tower. This is more important than teasing action

We are past episode 5 now and we've only been establishing character, similar to house of dragon.

It's kind of the same issue. We know already that in the great battle Isildur will cut the ring from sauron's hand and fail to destroy it and that elrond will be there right?

So he's one of the main protagonists of the whole story.

Gladriel is the same elf that turns up in the hobbit and in the Lord of the ring movies so she is clearly another major character.

Durin is mentioned many many times in lore but I am not precisely sure which one he is as thus far clearly none have a ring. That makes him the iii durin.

Yet then how is Gandalf only coming to middle earth.

I think it just needs a little elevation of the action now to establish itself as the show.

So far it's not delivered the massive price tag in terms of set piece and have been a bit "artful" in action so we need that wow moment. It can all be set piece ooooh look moments.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

This is the confusion. Durin seems to be the wrong durin but perhaps it is his father that gets a ring for example.

8. RogerisontheHunt

Hmmmm. Tower.... this has got me thinking.

The South Lands are clearly Mordor, the Tower, The Dark Tower?

Durin is supposed to be Durin IV

9. moreinjuredthanowen

It's a bit small tbh.

This durin thing 100% then is positioning this as the father must be durin iii who gets a ring

Now you've gladreil who is supposed to be ruling somewhere else miles off even meeting the husband and so forth and so on.

There's loads of season in this, there won't be rings yet surely so the set piece big smash has to be a battle in the south lands.

10. RogerisontheHunt

Well there hasn't even been Sauron yet and looking at the cast he won't be appearing in S1 and without him there are no Rings.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's gone a bit nerd in here. :biggrin:

12. moreinjuredthanowen

I am waiting for a ring maker to turn up with a different name. It's not like it's not fairly obvious from the lore. Once someone called Annatar turns in then the ring bit starts. I think we might have already seen this.

We have already met Celebrimbor who is elrond's friend.

The story filling thus far is that elrond is sent to do what? Build the forge using dwarfs help but the elves are wanting this for the Mithrel. Clearly this is now in train.

Elrond looks young deliberately as he is supposed to marry gladreils daughter.. and then the fellowship of ring family line is established.

Anyway.... as stated we have met isildur as a young man.

The official title on the Gandalf thing is the stranger and as said if so he cannot be Gandalf as he is then too early to emerge. The others.that turned up looking about in white then become another story.

13. Gerrardsitchyear

Gerrardsitchyear Well-Known Member

Did you watch all 3?

Ep3 is great and the ending is superb.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

I watched it all yes. The bit of action was alright but its not mandalorian level is it?

Theres in the end 12 lads coming to hunt andor and well without spoilers its a lot of cgi sutff to jump down a hole and run. Is is better than the awful Obi wan scene where vadar is defeated by a small fire but there you go.

Theres a lot of set up and story line to get to a point where again.... this guy dies in 5 years time in rogue 1.

all these shows are prequels bring characters to a known story point.

theres a lot of shots of people wandering around mud roads and hovels but not an awful lot of cruelty. I know its disney but if i were given this story I'd want to be amping the "darkness" up massively. The difference between "old republic" and "empire" thus far in kenobi and in andor is "disappointing".

Its not like the show doesn't have many examples in real life to draw from to have a level of cruelty and barbarism to drive people to rebellion. Maybe I think this is just too PG13 for me?

I dunno.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

another example: The rings of power. the human guy with the mouth on him is told to kill the kid to show his loyalty to his new master and the camera cuts out while he is screaming.

maybe we are left wondering and it might be revealed next show but itd be quite disappointing to me if the lad killed the kid "off camera.

If we can have orcs running about and see blood etc but the graphic bit that really cements the deal is cut out.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

House of dragons episode 6.

Thoughts?

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Give a flyer <laugh>

moreinjuredthanowen and Zorba like this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

Seems nobody watched the house of dragons then.

Well..... it's a controversial one it seems. I watched it again. I'd hardly call it exciting as I sort of.assumed after episode 5 that something would start up and it really didn't

19. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Finished season 3 of Yellowstone, excellent stuff,got to wait for season 4.grrrrrr

20. M!LK

M!LK Well-Known Member

Rings seems to be hit or miss. Some episodes drag, others seem pretty good. In general I think the series is moving in the right direction though and getting better.

As I said several pages back, I think they could have handled setting the scene and introducing the characters in a better way, but now the exposition is out the way and we've got real plot, it's getting better.

luvgonzo likes this.