1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anyone that can help me on here. I want to watch the last episode of GoT but the villa we’ve rented out doesn’t have HBO and none of the apps I have downloaded on my phone that will allow me to catch up don’t work. Is there any other way I can watch it or do I just have to wait and avoid spoilers until I go home in about a week and a half?

2. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

GoT finale ... Just don't bother. It was absolute total ****. I actually turned it off it was so awful and disappointing. A complete joke, like the rest of this season, I actually wasn't sure if it was self-parody at some points.

BobbyD likes this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

where are you mate.

Sky go app works in europe. 100% i used it in france. If you've wifi and sky go you are good.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

I did my last watch this morning early.

Frankly it had zero drama. the thing was blindingly obvious and also spoiled. they didn't shoot any duplicate endings to prevent it.

I thought it started "ok" it was trying for a bit of schindlers list there. didn't get it right as they'd only a few shambling burn victims. Was tyrion finding the two dead bodies necessary... no not really. They put a lot into some scenes where greyworm is basically butchering lannister soldiers but jon walks by him on way up to see danny and then next thing there's greyworm ahead of him so i need to watch that back again.

They did a dragon wing scene thing deliberately and a fun dragon sleeping like a puppy thing.

Once jon got all stabby which was the obvious thing and also spoiled.... all bastards stab people when hugging. it went into total and utter drivel.

Scene where breinne fills out the one book that wasn't burned in the entire city with jamies deeds was a nice touch but my god... tyrion as a prisoner and apparently jon snow as a prisoner were not killed outright by greyworm but he could kill lannisters....

its basically nonsense and then tyrion makes a big speech that people who'd never listen to him up and give the whole shooting match to bran who's apparently been faking the whole thing all along to get power. its a all live happily ever after ending for final what half hour of the shot.

As a finale its certainly a let down. Theres no drama in it. If they'saved a trial and had a bit of a stabbing and a hanging at the end. They gave cercei nothing in final two shows. nothing. just tears. I'd have liked a spitting bile type of ending from her and a hanging, the i get to decided whats right cos i am right stuff from deanerys was fine but.... well.

It ended in final scene repeating a show from earlier where tyrion had been hand before daddy took over where he's fussing on chairs... in swans bron and sam as high maester and brienne and its sort of back to season 1 with new faces. if the message is nothing ever changes fair enough.

so
    no horror.. not really
    no drama...none. it was obvious and was spoiled on internet too
    No logic at all in final resolution

But a dog and a man lived happily ever after... cos winter was actually very short and they all went happily skipping throgh the snow into the great beyond.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

it was 100% total send up in final scenes. they fell in love with cinematography and show scenes like the dragon and forgot they that to actually do the drama and story.

6. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

States. Sky go app doesn’t work, tried it this morning mate.

Unfortunately the villa doesn’t have HBO either

7. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Just awful

8. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

They were even ranting on about it on BBC breakfast this morning <doh>

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

ah the states.... yeah sky will only work in europe.

i would hazard a guess at you tubing it.

Enricky. likes this.
  10. moreinjuredthanowen

all wrapped up in a nice likely fairy tale bow. and they all lived happily ever after.... especially when bron opened all the brothels again

11. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Bran and Jon's endings made no ****ing sense. They were the wrong way around

Also I said it would be Jon to kill Dany

Also what was the point in all the TPTWP talk through out the show, never went anywhere.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Jon's is ok.... just ok. It follows the ethos of well he said as much didnt he show consistency.

Bran though.... oh my god. The state of him tonight. It was 2 episodes ago he was a spaced out freak barely about to speak.... it's utterly ridiculous

You are right that him ending up in a cave with a tree growing through him makes more sense than king bran the broken..

The entire ending felt like a piss take... our erstwhile joke of a dimwit uncle pops up only 2 seasons after arya did in the lot of his supposed captors.

Brienne gets a vote on a council.... Ser Davos makes a joke of having a vote.

Our good mate bron and some utterly random dornish kid as Prince makes is only and only appearance.

Then we end up back at the small council table...in what I could only describe as a quasi end of the Lord of rings type pace of show. We're they all moving slow deliberately yo sign So no more danger here...

Really was funny.

No matter how much they dress up the 7.5seadons preceding this thry simply cannot get away from how they truely and spectacularly ****ed that ending.

It took 4? 5? Shows to kill Ned stark... it took 30mins to repeat the entire plotlines in that silly way.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Well it was an ending, better than the last episode.

14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

15. moreinjuredthanowen

Well.... it started off ok...

But I still can't believe that nobody when you do your watch through preseason of all of it can't see deanrys promised to burn the lot many times and did so.

Jamie lannister told bron exactly how he wanted to die.

And so on.

I felt it was trying to ape the ending of Lord of rings frankly... writing in a book, sailing off into the west. All sitting about happily while the people all move slowly.

I'm shocked they didn't have a wedding for samwise in the green dragon

luvgonzo likes this.
  16. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Just watched Snowpiercer started of ok and finished ****e...5/10

Garlic Klopp likes this.
  17. Red Hadron Collider

****ing hate Gibson <grr>

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah but this is worth a watch.

19. Red Hadron Collider

Even despite Gibson, the IRA supporting twat?

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah quite gritty and a bit of a raw feel to it, well worth a watch.