1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Official:TV-Show-Movie-Games Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Oct 21, 2011.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

Season 5 was poor first time round as it was annoying waiting 12 month then seeing that but when viewed with all 7 it's very good.

The issue for me is they could have strung it out more but have not, that for me is the mark of a good show. I still think 3 or 4 more episodes are possible last year to really deepen the quality of inter character stuff.

You could be made a whole series about the fall of littlefinger but it was an add on almost.

2. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I'd guess that was the point, so that nobody saw it coming.

Who'd have thought such a major character would go out in a side story and that such a schemer would be undone by such a simple plot, something the character didn't see coming and neither did the viewers.

3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Agree... such a slow build up and almost stall with him then boom.

But part of me says: that's a perfect GoT theme... get out into the game and CHOP!

Also see and have throughout an influence of David Gemmell both in the books and series... lots of effort putting meat on the bone of any character then a very quick end and generally a very quick climax to the mini story. .

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I mention this about GOT a while back and I waited until I had half the season to watch before even starting it, it doesn't work as single episodes.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just starting episode 8 season 2 of Westworld. Great series

6. DirtyFrank

Lucky bartard.... I watched most of it that way.... it takes extreme patience..

Will be interesting to see if it actually improves with the mini movie length episodes in the last series .......

It's ironic based on my last comment ... a good story makes you want to skip the page .... with a book if you missed something you can go back a little more easily.

Now add the pressures of this ****wit immediacy we have now....

I think the series (producers/writers etc ) Have overall done really well over the series to satisfy both

luvgonzo likes this.
  7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The longer episodes will be a huge improvment.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  8. DirtyFrank

As long as it's not just a collection of scene stoppers. . It built it's thing on smart ... I want the subtle twists until the end..... and some last ditch nakedness

.and Dragon violence

And little pointy face dancer death...

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I imagine it's too get the action in while keeping the story moving, I'm going to watch the first one then decide to watch it one by one or not.

10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

11. DirtyFrank

Yes... but exactly the same ... I've been saving up series 2...so I can't binge lol

luvgonzo likes this.
  12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

2 is fantastic

DirtyFrank likes this.
  13. DirtyFrank

Oh... I watched black panther twice.

Reason: first time I was disappointed and that's as a marvel fan... literally thought either Elton John or Eddie Murphy would pop up..... actually started to think I was racist lol..

Then went back viewing it just as a marvel film...and it was ok..

I got that my original reaction was exactly what the director was after. Still think he came up short on double playing 1) a at the time sharper social commentator. . Ie he was taking the piss out of Murphy as if Murphy was uncle Tom......

2) his sarcasm on lion king.... fell short... actually bar the first wakanda scene he copied literally the lion king with a straight face...

14. moreinjuredthanowen

Loved gemmell books myself.

Game of thrones is just shy of sapristi stones and a bit of time travel

You could always tell who would die in gemmell books, anyone who turned themselves round would end up the heroic sacrifice

DirtyFrank likes this.
  15. moreinjuredthanowen

I didn't get to see this in cinema. I have seen the infinity wars though so their part didn't make all that sense without context.

My view is that a lot of African American celebrities have lost thier minds over the movie and elevated it to mythical status. I think when I see it eventually i will be trying to filter it to extremely mild expectations.

16. DirtyFrank

But always finished quick lol took a while to appreciate then realise yeah fair enough once it comes to chop chop it'll be quick lol.. his missus got credit for finishing his last ..but Christ she is dull as an author in her own right.

17. DirtyFrank

That's exactly it... stick your marvel head on not your political head on.

Actually, believe it or not I think it gives us nerds a bit of credit.... hot African strong women are the best? Of course! Black African nerd is cool? Of course it's Africa!

The idea that true Africans are pure and the American Africans are bitter and violent ? Both true and problematic... but probably a discussion as white boys is not our place.... you'll see Mito. Sorry trying not to spoil

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, imo this movie tapped a market cynically and was pre Ragnarok where marvel realised super heros should be funny.

DirtyFrank likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

Yes awful. It was a trilogy and half finished last book so imo the story boards were there and impossible not to follow.

There the city book was poor.

What was your favourite gemmell stories?

20. DirtyFrank

Honestly? Quest for Lost Heroes.... but I think that's only because I've read them all.

The Rigante plus/minus but only because I've read the Celtic mythology it was based on (not the first to merge it and Greek mythology) lol..

Hated... Hated the shannow stuff while knowing it was good stuff... I'm just a sword and sorcery guy lol