1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The official Takeover / Morning thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 21, 2012.

1. EnochForEngland

EnochForEngland Active Member

2. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

KB staying on I suppose is just to help smooth over any wrinkles in transition from one empire to another. Not uncommon, but not quite what we want. That said, much will depend on his level of influence or control. If he is chairman in name only with all the strings & power sitting with the new chairman (chairman in waiting if you like) all we & good. If, however, KB has the capacity to block funds for new players or use funds for his pet projects, not so good.

Time will tell. But Warnock really needs funds now to bring in the loanees that he will then sign permanently in January. That said & after allowing for his history, I am beginning to wonder about Warnock's knowledge & ability to sign the right players. Kisnorbo's been kept on, but can't get a game despite our defence still leaking a few goals. Gray can barely get a game despite Varney being suspended, Somma still recovering, & McCormack only just returning. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

3. EnochForEngland

David Haigh
    Time to pick up keys to Elland Road with @salempatel We're so excited about future of #LUFC & want to thank the fans for your patience.

Hopefully this is a new beginning for us.

4. RCDM

RCDM Well-Known Member

I've got a semi on <ok>

Only a semi mind <laugh>

5. EnochForEngland

David Haigh joining board immediately, Patel and Alrayes join next month.

6. BoggersMOT

So that's that. All good stuff. Let's now hope that GHF urgently provide the funds Warnock needs. I'd go so far as to say Cliffmas may have come early...... but only time will tell.

What can best be described as a Geldoph moment.... (to be said in a strong Northern Irish accent with a South Yorkshire Warnock-inspired twang) Aye don' care about (the delay), just give us ya phukken monehh!!!

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just 2 points from me: 1) Why is that coont Bates staying on as president, and 2) the closing sentence of the statement about getting Leeds back into the prem is either bullshitwishful thinking or the fact that Warnock gets big cash in January. I'm hoping its not bull which means I'm positive about it.

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<yikes> us morons???

9. EnochForEngland

Haha, I can't even be annoyed with him today which is unusual. I know its not the best of things that he's still club president, but we're going to have new owners and they're going to have more money to put into the club. Such a happy man today

10. BoggersMOT

Bates staying on as President will, in all probability, be a ceremonial role. As long as it is just that, all will be well. All I want to see now are a couple of quality loanees before the weekend with the likliehood that they'll be made permanent signings come 1 January.

11. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

To massage his ego. He won't have any control over the club and he's an old man so letting the bastard have the vanity position he wants is best for the club if it allows the new owners to come in.

Bates staying as chairman doesn't bother me, ticket prices were never going to be changed for this season, GFH have given funding for players and he doesn't have time for any of his "projects".

Still cautious, but for now...

please log in to view this image

12. Jugster

Jugster Active Member

Bates as President. The ****ing **** just cant let go can he. At least this should mean that there are no nasty surprises waiting for GHF because they'd be able to wring his miserable neck. Unless there's a clause in the takeover which means that if GHF run out of money and the club goes into admin he takes control again. But lets not think of that, time for a mild celebration.

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Now it's happened, you haven't got any?

Leeds United have announced that they have agreed a takeover deal with Dubai-based investment bank GFH Capital.

The takeover, which is subject to Football League approval, will mark the transition of a new hierarchy at the club, which will result in the replacement of chairman Ken Bates.

Bates told the club's official website: "I can confirm we have now completed all the negotiations with GFH Capital. We have completed the first part of the purchase and they will be taking over 100 per cent of the club. Meanwhile, there is a transitional period while they get to know more about the club.

"I will continue as chairman until the end of the season when I will take over as president and I look forward to sitting back and taking more time off. Neil Warnock will continue as manager with more support than the present owners have been able to give and we look forward to a smooth transition."

Deputy chief executive of GFH Capital David Haigh added: "A brief but important transitional period now begins in terms of the changeover of ownership. We have today injected further funds into the club and now we look to the future and start the exciting journey to take Leeds United FC back into a prime position in English football once again.

"From a Leeds family myself and a supporter of The Whites since childhood, I know that football is at the very heart of the people of Leeds and the wider community. We want to thank all the fans in UK and around the world for their patience and support while the negotiations have been taking place. Lets now march on together, taking the club back to the Premier League as soon as possible."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leeds-united/news/leeds-complete-takeover_55634.html

14. EnochForEngland

Mild? I'm fooking bouncing off the walls. We finally have rid of him as chairman and have someone capable and willing to put money in

15. Simon21-LUFC

It's all on the good morning thread mate. <ok>

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

17. Simon21-LUFC

Remember Bates was made club president at Chelsea too. The way the deal's been structured is almost identical.

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Even Adam Smith can't hide his delight

20. DamnedUnited

DamnedUnited Well-Known Member

This has brought a massive, MASSIVE smile to my face in the office today. Don't even care that Bates is still involved in some ceremonial role after this season!