1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Petronas Malaysian GP Chat & Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by El_Bando, Mar 20, 2012.

?

who will be hot in Malaysia?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Jenson Button

35.6%
  2. Sebastian Vettel

11.1%
  3. Lewis Hamilton

35.6%
  4. Mark Webber

4.4%
  5. Fernando Alonso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Kamui Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kimi Raikkonen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sergio Perez

4.4%
  9. Pastor Maldonado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Michael Scumacher

6.7%
  11. Nico Rosberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Romain Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Bruno Senna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Danial Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

2.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

This is really interesting. What have you discovered? Classic Freudian Death Drive perhaps? I did some of this about Almodóvar's film 'Matador' as part of my MA dissertation but in that case it was all mixed up with murder and murderous sex, which probably isn't the case here. ;)

Do you think that in Senna's case it was linked to an inability to form a lasting relationship?

This is a bit off-topic but Bando wants another 100 posts ;)

2. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

And yet you keep talking to me lol?

Dont get upset, I enjoyed this debate.

3. chrispa76

chrispa76 Member

Silver wtf are you for real or are you just having a laugh at everyone trying to get them worked up?

4. Delete Me

If think you are missing the whole debate chrispa.

In short for you:

I said all drivers are like Vettel in that situation.

He said they're not.

I said prove it.

He tried to prove it.

I pointed out that's not proof since the whole situation is completely different.

He agreed with me that it's all opinion and not fact.

So how is that proof?

End of discussion.

Dont see how I'm winding people up since it's only Mifune im debating with at the moment.

5. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

Close it! Close it quick! Close it with fire!

Or at least unsticky it.

I hope Vettel doesn't go down the Schumacheresque bullying off-track route to gain an unfair advantage on-track. I doubt that would play out as well for him but we will see. Maybe Red Bull think sharing Ferrari's bed makes their car red but I hope all drivers hold their ground on the track when a rampaging Vettel comes upon them as long as they don't have him off while they're being lapped.

I agree with other comments that about-to-be-lapped cars should stick to the racing line and the leaders should have to pass them. They've got DRS now. If there's a designated overtaking zone for passing cars that are ahead of you then the same zone should be used for passing cars that are behind if you can't manage it anywhere else.

6. chrispa76

chrispa76 Member

My point is that you started making a statements based on an opinion instead of a fact. So your argument that you won the debate because nobody can prove an opinion doesn't make sense as you are your self trying to prove a point based on an opinion. You lost your own debate before it even stared sort of :S

Well I am sorry if I thought you were joking around. It was how it looked to me.

7. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I haven't read all of what's been said but it seems certain users are just going round in circles getting increasingly frustrated with each other. Can you just agree to disagree on this one, you're going nowhere with it?

8. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

and we want proof that your agreeing to disagree......

To do that send £100 to Br....

9. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

Or £250K and it's a Premier League candlelit supper round BLS's place and as many off-topic arguments as you like.

10. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

I was surprised by Vettel's reaction after the race, yes he can be annoyed but calling Narain a cucumber and an idiot and the manner he did it in? I'm starting to think he's cracking because he knows he's not going to win this year if he RB doesn't pick up there act.

It had the hallmarks of a the classic Hamilton Monaco one as well. Alonso never cracks when he has a poor car he just says there is a lot of work to do and we need to maximise our package. He certainly did in Sepang and I'm sure Ferrari will be working night and day between here and China to bring updates on that F2012.

11. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

12. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

13. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

That's great!

14. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

I dislike Horner a lot. He acts like he has made that that team a top team when he hasn't.

15. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

Lol, you talk about insults? Yet you insult Horner in a completely unacceptable manner. Think about it.

16. Nazara

Nazara Active Member

Maybe it was bit hypocritical and a bit strong of me to say, but I still stand by what I say and I have my reasons why.

17. Delete Me

I know what you mean by how can I prove my point because it's also a opinion with regard to "all drivers are like that". But I said "prove it" which none of us could, but I already knew that he couldn't since there are too many variables he would bring in and manipulate the result in his own personal favour. So it's not proof, it's just his opinion on what's valid and whats not.
    I did the same with bringing up my variations of "viewpoint" on those drivers losing their cool, I could apply it to anything what vettel did with his rant to favour my cause. But Mifune would suggest otherwise saying it wasn't the same with his "viewpoint/proof". So in the end, how is any of this proof?...we both gave opinion on a situation.

Nobody won with regard to our opinions, I won the "prove it" debate since he couldn't prove it. That's why I say I won by default, he couldn't prove anything etc...

(I accepted first) that none of us could prove anything but he seemed more intent on proving his opinion as fact, rather than looking at the bigger picture in that neither of us could prove anything.

Hence like I said to Mifune: "Prove it" in another way in English (I bet you can't prove it)

He thought he could prove no driver is like Vettel by using his "viewpoint" of incidents, I pointed out later that he cant use it as proof because it's his opinion. Proof is to state fact, Mifune had no valid proof to use in the first place and that they have too many variables to be made even valid for comparing. He would have to move time and space to replicate the same situation for a fair result, using different one's dont count if you want to make it proof.

My strongest support for my viewpoint would be that everybody here is human, so we have the same emotions and that it is very unlikely to never use them in our lifespan, unless we have a brain condition or a vegetable on life support from birth. Though to say it's impossible would be silly since there may be one person or more, (past, present, future) who never lost his/her/it's temper and called somebody a idiot, but it's sure as hell not the pope, so what chance has a F1 driver got?

I'm not going to go into more detail with this subject as I wanted Mifune to calm down since this heated debate became a negative one with people making pops at me because they did not read the whole discussion and were thinking I was out to cause trouble.

Already said that, I dont think he accepted.

18. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Just to break this one up a bit, thought I'd mention that I got a mention on The Flying Lap with Peter Windsor that was broadcast tonight. 1st question that was mentioned and talked about. Very, very pleased!

Episode 63, check it out.

19. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

May be tomorrow before I can tune in, but look forward to it! :D

20. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

SiverArrow <doh>.