1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Match Thread: Liverpool Vs Tottenham Hotspur. (Premier League)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Chris., Feb 3, 2012.

?

What will be the result of Monday's game between Liverpool & Tottenham Hotspur?

1. Liverpool Win.

2. Draw.

3. Tottenham Hotspur Win.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Really starting to feel nervous about this game...why the **** do we have to wait till Monday night? **** you Sky. <grr>

2. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Think waiting till monday helps us, night games generally create more atmosphere and that might just be the difference when it comes to us being positive and driving spurs back.

PS might not any differencel and we will still be as **** at home but I have to hope.

3. saintPort&Ginger

I think we're bound to be up for this game, and won't have the usual complacency that sets in when we play the so-called "lesser" teams.
    We have to attack though, and take the game to them. Sitting back will be fatal, I reckon.

4. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

my heart says 3-1 liverpool
    head says 2-2

5. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

The jet lag is setting in - hence the time of this post!

My heart says 2-0 to us tonight. Can't trust my head as it still thinks it's already 1300hrs. Just hope I can sta awake long enough.

BTW, why is 'Arry not locked-up yet?

6. Denny Kalglish

tbh I'm nervous about tonight - It's potentially a season defining game and I can't predict the team we will put out or the result! It could be anything!?

All I am sure about is I wouldn't start Carroll (appreciate it wouldn't be ideal but feel we will create more without him)

CMON red men!

7. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Welcome home sailor. <ok>

8. Diadora Barnes storm

2-1 Liverpool were in a good moment and the crowd will be up for it with the Suarez effect

9. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

Should be a great game tonight, but I just dnt know what to predict. My heart is telling me that it will be our best performance of the season. But my head is split on this one as Tottenham are a very useful outfit. I really hope we come away with the 3 points....

10. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

This is the reverse fixture in many ways.

When we went to the Lane, we had no right back, and Skrtel and Adam got torn apart out there. This time around, the Spuds have the bigger injury problems, as our only concern is with Lucas, while they are running out of physio tables...

I'd expect them to field a 4-5-1 formation, as they do away from home. With their injuries, we may see Saha make his debut up on his own. He's not scored against Liverpool since getting a consolation goal for Fulham in November 2003.

Their midfield will have Parker sitting with possibly Livermore or Sandro, and Modric behind Saha. Out wide will be Bale and Kranjcar.

The back 4 will probably be Assou-Ekotto, Kaboul, King (if his knees can manage it). I assume that if Walker is injured, then a makeshirt will be in at Right-Back (oh how things come around)...

11. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Heart and head both going for the win today. Can feel it. Come on you red men

12. StJohn_Red_Legend

StJohn_Red_Legend Active Member

I'd expect our settled side to go out there regards back 4.

Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique

Sitting in midfield should be Spearing, keeping on Modric and cutting the supply line.

Full backs should push on, especially Enrique, to keep Krancjar on the back foot and help provide overlap possibilities for Bellamy, who I expect to be on the left, while Suarez on the right and Carroll in the CF position keep the pressure on the CBs.

Central midfield will be Henderson, providing simple linking passes and closing down space. Gerrard accompanies him there, providing runs from midfield to arrive late to the edge of the area.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

We'll see.... I don't disagree at all with your team st... i hope kenny keeps faith with carooll and he repsonds to it. I con't see suarez on the right though and think kuyt has to be picked as his form has increased dramatically since bolton. work rate is back.

14. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Thanks. Can somebody please turn up the central heating?

15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Welcome home Pugwash <ok> Are you glad to be back?

16. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Kaboul's Tweeted that he's injured, Dawson will surely start in his place for us.

:(

17. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Big big big game for us today, especially with the reuslts on the weekend ( some in favor some not!) Will be interesting to see how we fit Suarez in, straight away or from the bench.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

hmm... vdv told kuyt he's fit to play.

me thinks spurs need a little bit of discipline.

for years carrgher used to leake cup game team sheets to his mates to bet on and they'd end up on 606.. no wonder we never progressed with that kind of attitude.

Kaboul and vdv ought to be fined a weeks wages each.

anyway... thats just helpful advice to spurs.

the fact is there is not a majority of reds fans predicting a win for us at home s that must be tacit acknowledgement of how strong spurs look....

I hark back to that 4-1 loss and see:

1. ADAM is a ball watch who regulalry lets guys in behind him then comes back at them and fouls.. pushing or just plain reackless slides... thats one simple fix.

2. We started poorly, and conceeded early. Good goal from modric.

3. adam them got two yellows and was off.

4. Suarez and carroll played and we put the ball in the net though offside and rightly so, but we still cracked them with 10 men.

5. skertl stuipdly went through the back of someone, bale? and got sent off.

6. it was only then at 0-1 that spurs managed to get a second and we never looked in danger really....

so all in all we've a lot of improvements to make to our game, we have also dropped carragher so REALLY we ought to do better.. I feel the lack of confidence comes more form not knowing if we'll bother our behinds to turn up or not.

For me I think we should get a draw, spurs have a lot of things to cope with, not least of which are injuries and off filed distractions. Away i nthe north is not spurs strong suit is it?

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict a draw in a non classic match, 1-1

19. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

All good points MITO, I picked Spurs to win as it seems my new superstition to pick the opposing team on the poll ( beat wolves 3-0 out and Carroll scored!) Doing my bit to help the squizzy <ok>

20. moreinjuredthanowen

true true.... the like of waddle are being quite complimentary too so i'm sure we're getting buttered up a lot here in anticipation of spurs winning.

we have to win after the weekends results, we play utd and everton soo and in reality this is a home game and we need to start getting points. I just hope we turn up!