1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Malaysian GP Chat + Predictions 2013!!!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Pass Me My Pills What A Start To 2013

Poll closed Mar 21, 2013.
  1. KIMI RAIKKONEN

9.3%
  2. FERNANDO ALONSO

55.8%
  3. SEBASTIAN VETTEL

25.6%
  4. FELIPE MASSA

2.3%
  5. LEWIS HAMILTON

7.0%
  6. MARK WEBBER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ADRIAN SUTIL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. PAUL DI RESTA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. JENSON BUTTON

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. ROMAIN GROSJEAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

of course, the Vettel hate is perfectly acceptable, but someone pointing out the truth is unacceptable, no hypocrisy there at all

2. Di Resta is faster than u

Whoa what been going on. I can't get on the last few days because of the malware thing, then about half the thread seems to have gone, then I see Silvers been getting his knickers in a twist for no apparent reason.

This is all Vettels fault.

3. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I tested the site on Linux and saw it was safe, it was just google having a hissy. I'm not sure what the exact issue was but it was safe for those who came through the warnings this week.

4. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0150-hands

please log in to view this image

5. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

GP in HB Pencil...

please log in to view this image

6. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your perception is YOUR reality.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

my perception IS the reality, it's yours which is subject to fantasy, here's a link for Mark Webbers BBC column just after Silverstone 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/14145893

and that was for 3 points, not 7. Hypocrisy much?

8. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

LOL - keep going mate. :emoticon-0148-yes:

I havent really passed comment on this, except to say from a team point a view its a crock of ****. I have no preference to Webber or Vettel although I dont have the venom you have for Webber I dont particluarily follow/support/like Vettel!

I think if you look at the incidents between the two drivers you have a very one sided view:

Turkey 2010, Webber was told to turn the engine down, and Vettel truned his up which ended in them crashing in what can be best decribed as a 50/50 incident, but the fact is that it was Vettel passing his team mate, probably because he felt he would come under pressure from the mclarens.
    Silverstone 2011. wing gate - simple.
    Silverstone 2012. I think alot of neutrals believe (including pundits and jornos) that Webber could easily have taken Vettel and was purely making the point which was evident in him pulling half way alongside Vettel and then dropping back. Right or wrong he didnt break the team order of not passing.
    Brazil 2012. He didnt jump out of the way at the start? Sorry why should he? When vettel was back in contention Mark ran wide and let him through.
    Seapang 2013. The team have confirmed that Vettel refused a team order and if Webber wanted to be an absolute conute he could have run Vettel wide on turn 3 but he let him through protecting the teams 1-2 and probably his job.

If you get 5 minutes watch the F1 show from Thursday which goes through each example from a neutral persepctive and maybe you will be able to add some reason to your rants rather than just shouting people down with total contempt for anyone else's views and opinions.

I am unsure in all of this what Webber has done to be hypocrtical, he has never broken a team order and he has never prevented Vettel from winning the WDC? You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else on here and whilst there are some who do not support Vettel I see no hatred on the level you show towards Webber. I fail to see why you vent so much anger and hatred to all on here who fail to bow to your bullying attempt to force everyone into submission? With the hacking incident which wiped out alot of the nonense you had the opportunity to just let it die down, but instead you seem intent on recreating the issues which are now long gone.

Just let it be and everyone can look forward to debating and discussing some more relevant F1 issues.

9. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

Miggins, this is getting tiresome but perhaps you would like to compare your attitude towards Schumacher's behaviour during his career and your attitude towards Vettel's, and consider whether you think there is any inconsistency there before you throw around any more accusations of hypocrisy.

10. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

Well, even Webber himself wrote in his 2nd BBC column that he did (and felt comfortable with doing it, else he couldn't have good sleep at night....). Still unsure? Christian Horner himself pretty much disagrees with you.
    http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/104532.html

-----
    Vettel's decision to ignore team orders and overtake Webber to take victory in Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix has led to criticism of Vettel and left a question mark over Webber's future. Horner, however, defended Vettel by saying Webber would have done the same but admits it's the latest showing of a lack of trust between the two drivers.

"They're both competitive guys, they both race each other hard," Horner told Sky Sports. "There has been a breakdown of trust ever since Istanbul; it's something that we've had to manage since 2010 but the most important thing is that they do have a respect for each other when they race each other on track.

"What happened on Sunday was unfortunate but let's not pretend it hasn't happened the other way round or in other teams ... if Fernando Alonso, Lewis Hamilton had been in that position, they'd have done the same. If Mark Webber had been in that position we've seen him do the same. So let's not kid ourselves that this is something that is unique to Sebastian, this is something that is in any competitive driver's DNA."
    -----

11. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

12. StoneRosesRam

StoneRosesRam Member

If only Malaysia and China had been back to back then we would not of had to have been subjected to half the crap written on here by certain users regarding Vettel/Webber.

13. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

The person that has the biggest headache in all this is Horner. He has two drivers who he can't currently trust to play the team game right now.

I'd threaten the pair of them with a team imposed race suspension if they continue to ignore instructions... But that just wouldn't be fun for us. The Webber/Vettel battle was quality stuff. :)

14. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

The thing is, both drivers know they wouldn't follow through with it, especially with it being so tight. Buemi's would presumably replace them and almost certainly score no points (we've seen drivers come in mid season before and be miles off the pace, Fisichella went from taking pole with Force India to backmarking with Ferrari in 2009), it's effectively a DNF and they can't afford that, especially with Vettel going for the WDC.

Best solution in my opinion is to let them race to the end. Vettel was pretty streaky in 2010, but in the last two years both drivers have shown they can race hard and close and rarely collide with other drivers, the chances of them wiping each other out in the last stint of a race are pretty small.

15. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

This is true... Both Webber and Vettel better hope they don't need a favor from the other at the end of the season though. :)

16. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

.............Is it safe to come out now? <readsmigginsposts> Nope.

17. Di Resta is faster than u

I've been fairly unbothered bye this whole situation.

Though I see comments like Hamilton would have ignored the team orders too.

Not sure about that, Monaco 2007 McLaren told him not to pass Alonso and although he sped up to show he could, he never tried to pass him. China 2010 Brundle suspected he could have caught and passed Button but McLaren had told him to hang station at that point to maintain the 1-2.

Even Raikkonen obeyed his orders at China 2008.

Schumacher helped Irvine against Hakkinen.

Vettel will break all of Schumachers records

18. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't think Hamilton would go against orders. Alonso and Button would though in my opinion (not that Ferrari would ever tell Alonso not to pass Massa).

19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think potentially Hamilton disobeying team orders would have a worse effect than Webber doing so now. At Red Bull, the precedent appears to have been set that team orders are irrelevant, but with Rosberg yielding to them, Hamilton doing anything but backing off if the roles were reversed would cause some serious problems at Mercedes.

20. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Hmm&#8230; I've read some more posts now, and it seems I missed a lot of fun!

Probably best to keep it that way&#8230;

:)