1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Malaysian GP Chat + Predictions 2013!!!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Pass Me My Pills What A Start To 2013

Poll closed Mar 21, 2013.
  1. KIMI RAIKKONEN

9.3%
  2. FERNANDO ALONSO

55.8%
  3. SEBASTIAN VETTEL

25.6%
  4. FELIPE MASSA

2.3%
  5. LEWIS HAMILTON

7.0%
  6. MARK WEBBER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ADRIAN SUTIL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. PAUL DI RESTA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. JENSON BUTTON

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. ROMAIN GROSJEAN

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. OTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

How true. I really think teamorders like those from Mercedes & Red Bull shouldn't be allowed in the first half of the season. What kind of boring race it would have been when Vettel would have listened.

2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Well you've called me a hypocrite and then given no evidence of it. Spell it out for me, be as arrogant and condescending as I've been. I've defended Vettel for ignoring team orders, and that makes me a hypocrite because? Presumably I must've been critical of someone doing the same thing in the past. Notice how nowhere I've defended Vettel for asking the team to move Webber out of the way? I found it slightly pathetic (and pretty amusing at the same time, sounded like he was ordering an assassination). Webber shouldn't have been asked to move (not that he would've yielded anyway), they should be allowed to fight for position. My view on this is quite clear, where's the hypocrisy coming from me? Please enlighten me.

The reason I've brought up hypocrisy is because of people changing their views to suit their agenda. Webber has always been the perceived victim, team orders the great taboo. Yet as soon as the boot is on the other foot and the driver people sympathise with is getting preferential treatment over the guy who people vehemently hate, there's an overwhelming swing in opinion, suddenly team orders are considered some sacred part of the sport which should be preserved and respected.

I've got a lot of respect for people like Bhaji and Ernie. Neither of them like Vettel but their opinions on this remained consistent, racers should be allowed to race.

As far as I'm concerned the vitriol peddlars with their double standards and irrational hatred of someone they've never met can go **** themselves. I'm tired of hysterical bullshit spouted on here when people don't get the result they want. I did want Raikkonen to win the championship this year but my support has swung fully in Vettel's favour after this. I hope all you mini-Bensons learn to appreciate Vettel's fourth year of dominance as much as I will.

3. ZER0

ZER0 Member

Two wrongs don't make a right. Besides the fact that I don't remember people vehemently defend Webber when he ignored team orders. I didn't like it when he did that either. Granted, I feel like they should all be allowed to race. I mean thats the point after all, right?

4. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

There were people positively foaming at the mouth when Vettel did this to Karthikeyan.

5. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

That's a bit like kicking a kitten though. :p

6. Enjoy F1 2013!

Enjoy F1 2013! New Member

Lets not forget Webber cut off Sebs nose at Brazil in the first corner as well...

7. SgtBhaji

I tell ya... this can only be settled by a proper fist fight or dueling pistols... I'd pay to watch that. :p

8. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Is this literally the only comeback? As I said in my previous post, in the context of their time together, Webber's frustrations are completely understandable, and that's why he's receiving so much empathy, there's no conspiracy. Vettel wouldn't have been forced to apologise and Red Bull wouldn't dare touch their golden child as they are doing if Seb was in the right.

Webber is a moody bitch, and to be honest he's at least as arrogant as any other driver in F1. His pathetic whining at Hamilton in his debut season was poor. However, he's been beaten down time and time again by his team, and for once the team back him and Vettel just ignores them... You can understand the fury. This is not the same as Siverstone 2011. Vettel was behind for one race, not constantly crushed into the dirt as Webber has been.

"Also, you talk hypocrisy, when you're spouting hypocrisy yourself... 50 laps he'd been compromised for had he(nonsense for a start, because he was at the front for the first few anyway)? Well how about the many YEARS Webber had been compromised for? Yet you keep harping on about hypocrisy and Silverstone 2011... Ironic. I think the feeling of empathy toward Webber and dislike aimed at Vettel is understandable given the entire context of their time together. Whether you agree with that is a different matter."

Quite clear. You are moaning about hypocrisy, yet stating Vettel was being kept behind for 50 laps, not the 5 Mark was behind for, so he can't complain. Mark's been kept in Seb's shadow consistently for years. = you being a hypocrite picking and choosing instances to analyse and suit YOUR agenda, rather than looking at the relationship as a whole.

9. Enjoy F1 2013!

Oh and let both Ferrari's past in the process really screwing Seb over...

Mark has been poking Seb for years and he got burned for it now. Seb has been screwed over plenty by team orders in the past.

10. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So the moral of today's story is two wrongs make a right? I thought it goes a little differently

If I say Webber was out of order at Silverstone and vettel was petulant today does that create a internet black hole?

11. Enjoy F1 2013!

What was the word said? arrogant little **** or something on those lines?

Oh then there was princess stampy foot by planetf1, Pettel another one, fingerboy etc...

12. Enjoy F1 2013!

*Bang* Can I say that or is this like an airport <laugh>

13. ZER0

ZER0 Member

<laugh> At least someone else is speaking some sense

14. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

More like an asylum <whistle>

15. SgtBhaji

Don't speak too soon... It's all about to get slightly mental.

16. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

That was what I said, but no one cares because you have a consistent view about ****

17. SgtBhaji

Me too. It's brown and smelly.

18. Enjoy F1 2013!

Suits Seb and webber very much ;)

[video=youtube;dr7ZpXq5aiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7ZpXq5aiY[/video]

19. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

Calm and considered over loud and shouty every time!

20. Enjoy F1 2013!

Dear mark webber..........

Go **** yourself!