1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 Hungarian GP Chat & Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by El_Bando, Jul 25, 2012.

?

Who wont be left Hungary this weekend?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2012.
  1. Alonso 154

23.5%
  2. Webber 120

2.9%
  3. Vettel 110

11.8%
  4. Raikkonen 98

11.8%
  5. Hamilton 92

26.5%
  6. Rosberg 76

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Button 68

20.6%
  8. Grosjean 61

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perez 47

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Kobayashi 33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other (Please Specify)

2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

That must be a glitch.

Pleased PURE have pulled out, really didn't fancy them being in the sport, partly because they're not a carmaker and partly because Craig Pollock's had access to other teams' intellectual property.

2. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Sky and BBC are really intent on making a big story out of this Red Bull intervention. Both articles say both drivers are unhappy with the car which isn't true as Seb seemed "himself" out of the car and it only looked like Mark was having any major problems.

Apart from not using the soft tyre which is about 0.8-0.9 faster than the prime, it seems more or less (with Seb at least), he is right up there with Lewis and Co on the point of a 1:21.9

Even Jenson noticed something: However, McLaren driver Jenson Button, who was sixth fastest in the second session and second behind Hamilton in the first, said he thought Red Bull were competitive.

"They're definitely quick - Sebastian did a 22.8 or whatever it was on prime [harder] tyres," Button said.

Hamilton added: "We know the Red Bull looks very quick, so does the Lotus and obviously the Ferrari as well.

"I feel good in the car but I have no doubts that Fernando [Alonso of Ferrari] will all of a sudden find half a second in qualifying.

"I have no doubts the Red Bulls will all of a sudden find a big chunk of time. But all in all we're not in a bad position."

3. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Red Bull will be up there i'm sure of it.

4. Delete Me

Happy with Seb's attitude at least: "There's still a lot of room for improvement and things that we need to do a bit better for the weekend - then we can see where we are."

Hopefully some more to come then!

He also seemed very confident when being asked about the mapping issue with the BBC, didn't even avoid eye contact which means he isn't trying to hide anything and looked more like he was going to laugh at one point.

Webber though seemed a bit more worried, so my silly conclusion then is that this trick they had (whenever they started it at) assisted more Webber then Seb.

*Just found out Red Bull weren't using DRS in FP1 with high fuel*

There up to something :bandit:

5. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Bollox. Anyone can lie whilst looking someone straight in the eye, it's having the confidence to do it is what some people don't have. Maybe he was laughing as he couldn't beleive everyone was sucking it all in!?

Red Bull will be strong as always. FP1 just looked odd as they did a much different programme to everyone else.

6. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Here's a trackside observation:

7. StoneRosesRam

StoneRosesRam Member

Red Bull are holding back, reckon it will be an epic battle for pole + race win between Ferrari, Mclaren, Lotus and RBR. Williams could spring a surprise also, so its all looking perfectly set up!

8. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

This has reminded me of something I didn't mention at the time, Silver:

I hope you watched the interview when Vettel was quizzed about his illegal overtake on Button at Germany! If you give credence to body language (as I do to some degree), you must have noticed what I'm getting at…
    ;)

9. cosicave

It's not that strange if you think about it. If they are being deprived of downforce they previously had, it is quite reasonable to expect them to be trying to make up for such loss, elsewhere.

10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

http://www.pitpass.com/46973-Frustration-mounts-for-Ricciardo
    Wow, it's easy to see why Toro Rosso are going backwards. How the hell do they expect to score points, improve the car and make logical assessments of the drivers if no-one communicates to one another? It seems like they just don't care about a structured team or a need for car improvements. Disappointing.

11. cosicave

Following on from RR's comment (above):

As an F1 team, Toro Rosso is a backwater with no real ambition of its own; although of course it does fulfil the role of extra opportunity for young drivers by providing two more race-seats on an F1 grid.

In my opinion, they've always had a raw deal from their creator: Mateschitz; whose relationship with, and interest in, the team is incongruous. He is a marketing man with global ambitions which rival, perhaps even out-Mac, McDonalds. Red Bull is his brand and it utilises vivid colours of blue, red and yellow. It is not a drink called 'Toro Rosso' with dulled down, dark and dingy shades.

The whole idea was really just to circumvent the rules by getting four Red Bull cars on track. He has little interest in ugly sister's success in her own right. To him, she will always be a rag doll called 'Red Dull'…

12. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

It's frustrating and annoying about Toro Rosso. Last year, they seemed to be coming together as a team and making real improvements, despite Buemi's abysmal luck on track. At the time, I really hoped they would stick with both their drivers and build on last year's gains this season but they didn't, dropping both drivers and Alguersuari in particular in a very vindictive way.

As Cosi says, they give an opportunity to two young drivers but aside from this everything about the way they operate, even their existence, is just wrong, unsporting. How much of this is down to Mateschitz and how much to Helmut Marko I'm not sure, though I suspect it's more Marko. It's not just Riccardo who's frustrated, Vergne was asked by Ted Kravitz why he doesn't use free practice to improve his quali performance, Vergne's reply: "I know but you try getting them to listen to you". Speaks volumes about their MO.

13. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

STR will never be allowed to be better than Red Bull so in the ethics of sport... what is the point of them other than to shortcut young drivers into F1 who are skipping the que of other drivers in GP2 who deserve an F1 drive more?

14. Delete Me

I call it the overtake of God! *using Maradona reference*

Me see no-thing rong....

15. Max Whiplash

Even the queue-jumping 'opportunity' at STR seems to be a poisoned chalice: you're in, you're not the new Vettel, you're out - bye-bye.

16. Delete Me

With regards to Vergne and Toro Rosso, he is just blaming external influences for his own rubbish form.

17. Max Whiplash

I'm really hoping Bruno Senna is going to have a good race this weekend; God knows he needs it. Looking good so far, at least.

18. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Was about to say, that Williams looks really quick. One movement on the wheel in every corner, unlike for example the Ferrari which looks twitchy. But anymore mistakes and moaning about Virgins which was his own fault won't help Senna's problems in recent races.

19. StoneRosesRam

StoneRosesRam Member

Red Bull were clearly sandbagging yesterday,McLaren's look very good on the medium tyre but Red Bull seem better on the soft which makes me think that RBR could be favourites for pole while if it is dry on sunday McLaren will hold the advantage as most people think the medium is the best 'race' tyre

20. Di Resta is faster than u

Raikkonen looks like a dark horse