1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 German GP Chat & Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Forza Bianchi, Jul 17, 2012.

?

Who will win the German GP?

Poll closed Jul 20, 2012.
  1. Fernando Alonso

31.3%
  2. Mark Webber

3.1%
  3. Sebastian Vettel

31.3%
  4. Lewis Hamilton

15.6%
  5. Kimi Raikkonen

3.1%
  6. Nico Rosberg

3.1%
  7. Romain Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Jenson Button

6.3%
  9. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Pastor Maldonado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Paul Di Resta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Michael Schumacher

6.3%
  13. Felipe Massa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Kamui Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Ah, but Vettel has excellent gesture management.

2. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

You can tell he was rattled as he used all of his hands to make the gesture.

If he's happy, he would have just used the finger backwards! :)

3. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

Here we go again... :cheesy:

But Vettel has always had excellent finger management

4. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

You can see why Ferrari would be after an Alonso Vettel combination with their respective rim and finger management skills

5. Max Whiplash

They'd fit together like a hand in a rubber glove, so to speak.

6. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

They have good glove management too! What skill they possess.

7. Max Whiplash

Yeah but their rubber management's a bit iffy sometimes.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

9. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Indeed, though I never said Seb wouldn't do the same did I smartass?

It's ok though, while you were laughing your arse off that Hamilton was ruining Seb's and Alonso's race on purpose to help Jenson out. I highly enjoyed when Lewis got that puncture and had his race ruined entirely and he was a little girl whining that he wanted to retire after the race. "Never give up he says" so much for that quote as he was having a little sulk like a damn child without his favourite toy!

10. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I thought Hamilton was getting more mature with age, the fact is he backs up my earlier assumptions that he gives up pretty easily, and enjoys ruining others races.
    If the tables were turned and Vettel was backing Hamilton up, there would be an apocalypse, thus the hypocritical nature of members on this forum runs strong.

11. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Judging by where this argument is going the BBC are missing a trick. They should be screening the F1 on CBBC.

I often wonder if people will ever look back on what they wrote and feel embarrassed. Although that in itself requires a level of maturity.

12. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

If Webber or Massa did it the majority of people who comment on Benson's blog would be foaming at the mouth.

Hamilton has driven pretty maturely this season though, I see nothing wrong with his radio message really as long as it doesn't affect his driving, Alonso made a similar comment in Korea last year when he couldn't get past Button I think it was. Hamilton's had some crap to deal with season, apart from the odd outburst on the radio he's handled it pretty well. If he'd had the luck he had yesterday last season he'd inevitably have ended up running into someone, probably Vettel or Alonso while trying to unlap himself.

13. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

Im sure this will go down well....

Autosport driver ratings

1. Sebastian Vettel 7/10
    Vettel seemed to let the frustration of Hamilton unlapping himself and a KERS problem get the better of him during the race. There were some ragged moments, and it was optimistic to say the least for him to think he'd get away with overtaking Button well off the track at the hairpin. Despite all that, he was still quick.

2. Mark Webber 5/10
    Qualified well, which he needed to do given his five-place gearbox penalty. But, come the race, Webber was very underwhelming and made very little progress. He wasn't particularly happy with the balance of the car, but given his team-mate's prodigious speed, you have to say that he should have done better.

3. Jenson Button 9/10
    This was much more like it. After a dreadful run of results that dates back to the Bahrain Grand Prix, Button fought for victory and likely would have won but for McLaren's struggles in full wet conditions on Saturday. He was rightly promoted to second after Vettel's penalty for going off track, but never seriously threatened Alonso.

4. Lewis Hamilton 8/10
    Hamilton was outqualified by Button for the first time this year thanks to his team-mate pitting for new wets during Q3. A puncture on debris from the Massa accident effectively ruined his race, but he showed great speed. He was perfectly entitled to unlap himself from Vettel, although McLaren was right to retire him late on given that points were out of reach.

5. Fernando Alonso 10/10
    Imperious. There's nothing more to say. Alonso banged in a great lap in the wet when it really mattered to take pole position and controlled the race beautifully. Even when he had either Vettel or Button on his tail, he never looked anything other than in complete control. It's impossible to overestimate just how classy his weekend was.

6. Felipe Massa 4/10
    Massa's disappointing result was a consequence of his struggles in wet qualifying. He didn't string together a decent lap in intermediate conditions, which left him down the grid, and he wiped out his front wing on Ricciardo at the start. From there he was brisk, but too far back to feature.

7. Michael Schumacher 7/10
    Once again Schumacher delivered a very good lap in wet conditions, although there was always a fear that he would be hard pressed to stay in the upper reaches of the top 10 given his machinery. He was the best of the three-stoppers in the race and came close late on to attacking the Saubers using fresher rubber.

8. Nico Rosberg 7/10
    Not for the first time, Rosberg proved unable to get enough temperature into his intermediate rubber for it to work when it mattered, condemning him to an 11th-row start thanks to a gearbox change penalty. He drove a fine race to recover, and arguably deserved a few more points for his efforts after losing so much time clearing the lower midfield.

9. Kimi Raikkonen 8/10
    Qualifying aside, during which Raikkonen went nowhere in Q3 despite pitting for fresh wet rubber, this was a decent weekend. But there remains this nagging feeling that he isn't quite getting that last few per cent out of the machinery. Very quick in the race and combative, too, he admitted that with a better grid slot a win was possible.

10. Romain Grosjean 3/10
    This was easily Grosjean's worst weekend of the year. In fact, it's difficult to find much positive to say. In qualifying, he didn't string together a decent lap in intermediate conditions in the first half of Q2. He then went off on the first lap of the race, adding another off-track moment later on as he continued to make very little impression.

11. Paul di Resta 7/10

12. Nico Hulkenberg 9/10

14. Kamui Kobayashi 8/10

15. Sergio Perez 8/10

16. Daniel Ricciardo 7/10

17. Jean-Eric Vergne 6/10

18. Pastor Maldonado 8/10

19. Bruno Senna 6/10

20. Heikki Kovalainen 6/10

21. Vitaly Petrov 8/10

22. Pedro de la Rosa 7/10

23. Narain Karthikeyan 6/10

24. Timo Glock 6/10

25. Charles Pic 9/10

[HR][/HR]

Top '3'
    A 10 for Alonso
    9's for Button, Hulkenberg and Pic.
    8's for Hamilton, Riakkonen, Kobayashi, Perez, Maldonado and Petrov
    Nice to see Pic's good drive got noticed.

14. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

ok....so....Maldo was as good as Kobayashi who came 4th and Raikkonen in 3rd? Where was Maldo again?

15. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

To play the middleman

16. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

And that deserves an 8? Kamui and Perez did nothing wrong all weekend and got an 8.

17. u408379965

Hamilton's 8 is very generous in my opinion. My memory of it might be a bit scrambled but I'm pretty sure I remember Ricciardo overtaking him for 10th before he picked up the puncture. I could be wrong on that though. An 8's still generous in my opinion given he didn't do much.

Maldonado's 8. What the ****? I was under the impression that he had an awful race, what did they say about it BLS?

Edit: Just seen the later posts.

18. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

19. u408379965

I also think Schumacher drove better than Rosberg, I suppose that's the problem with just having ratings out of 10 though, because I wouldn't give Schumi an 8 but Rosberg probably deserved a 7.

20. BrightLampShade

Forum Moderator

If these rating really are all by just one person its just that, someones opinion. One guy can not watch everyone all the time so is bound to miss things. We tend to watch key drivers in a race but theres often things going on in the background that gets missed. The ratings are always flawed but over the course of a season they are generally pretty good.

the fact that we all disagree with each other just shows how every person sees a race differently ;)