1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 British GP Predictions & Chat

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by El_Bando, Jun 27, 2011.

?

Has britain got talent?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2011.
  1. Sebastian Vettel 186Pts

46.2%
  2. Jenson Button 109Pts

12.8%
  3. Mark Webber 109Pts

2.6%
  4. Lewis Hamilton 97Pts

20.5%
  5. Fernando Alonso 87Pts

17.9%
  6. Felipe Massa 42Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nico Rosberg 32Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Vitaly Petrov 31Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nick Hiedfeld 30Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

<ok><ok><ok><ok>:D

I've calmed down a bit now, I only saw the end from one angle. I think that Hamilton was slightly more to blame than Massa, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really make any difference.

2. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

Totally agree

3. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

I thought Monaco was the 3rd best atm. Didnt see China live so it wasnt as great. Didnt like Spain either. Obviously Valencia tops the list <ok>

4. Delete Me

Btw supposedly Red Bull are deleting posts that involve "team orders". I don't think they give a damn what the little kiddies think, welcome to F1!

5. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

I think this is a very fair admission Julius.

I also believe that if it were not for the Montreal race, F1 would currently be buzzing on the back of the British Grand Prix just as much. In my opinion our home Grand Prix was a great advert for the sport.

6. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

makes you proud to be british <sniffle>

7. cosicave

Absolutely!
    Motor racing is something we should be proud of in this country. We have every right to be proud of our boys who are currently doing the bizz and flying the flag for the Union. There are far too few things left for us to claim greatness, but motor racing is something which now justifies Government support as a prized asset.

Come on you lot in Westminster! We have something of value to the country here!
    LOOK !! - We're good at this! :D

8. Delete Me

Yup I made a rant about this kind of situation involving at lot of "**** off Wimbledon" few weeks ago.

9. cosicave

I didn't read what you had to say Silver, but it sounds as if you were on the right track.

The underlying problem is that the establishment perceive tennis as a thoroughly wholesome, quintessentially English, Sunday afternoon activity; second only to a cucumber picnic on the lawn with kids 'enjoying' cricket, or indeed, perhaps a trivial but nonetheless acceptable diversion from the boredom of the test-match.

Motor-racing couldn't be further adrift. As an anti-social extravagance, it is the very antithesis of everything good old Blighty 'should be'; - at least according to the fuddy-duddies who still like to think they're planning the next round-up of natives in the Bight of Africa. No, motor racing is 'bad'; an indulgence of the wealthy with nothing better to do. It is as reckless as flying one's Spitfire without an enemy to justify it.

All things considered, perhaps we should be thankful that the BBC have been so kind as to patronise us all by briefly pandering to our whims until they bow in guilt to the descendant of a repatriated outcast? After all's said and done, he is an Aussie after all; and they like cricket and tennis too don't they?&#8230;

10. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

British GP thread is now unstuck!... ouch

11. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

With a potential Alonso vs Vettel battle for the rest of the season, based on Silverstone..

- In qualifying Ferrari matched Red Bull in high speed corners (no-off throttle)
    - In race Ferrari were much faster than Red Bull in high speed corners (again no off-throttle)
    - Red Bull were better in the slower corners (usually Ferrari's strength)

There's a couple of nice links, too:

http://www.theracedriver.com/2011/07/full-british-grand-prix-race-analysis/
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xju6tz_fernando-alonso-onboard-lap-silverstone-2011_auto

12. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Genji: you "sanctimonious young twat" I think thats how its spelt, 'what's up doc' come back I'm missing you buddy,

I think you are a young a young man, I am a senior citizan, pensioner, if you like, I like having you around, "**** Off" doesn't suit you mate, you are better than that.

Best wishes

Ernie, a much older "sanctimonious twat"

13. Bergkamp a Dutch master

ouch. Description of tennis a bit strong - and my missus loves Wimbledon for the blokes who are rather good (ABM).
    Worse still calling an England test-match boring!

Cosicave - report to your House Master and Matron immediately. You should prepare yourself to be thoroughly thrashed within an each of your life, and then to be hugged into Matron's ample bosom.

14. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Cricket is fun to play, terribly boring to watch. same goes for tennis.

15. cosicave

Haha&#8230; I knew the cricket thing would stir a revolt! :)

My opinion of cricket is not really the point, so much that, along with tennis, it is firmly established as an 'acceptable pastime' - by 'the establishment': very much in contrast to motor racing which smacks of a rather more Latin temperament; most unwholesome for a fine, upstanding Englishman&#8230;

N.B. In this rhetoric, Scots, Welsh and the Irish are deliberately excluded by the quintessentially 'Englishness' of 'the establishment' to which I refer. I hope it will be appreciated that I am very much at odds with such an archaic, stagnating outlook - as manifested by priorities within the BBC, for instance&#8230;

16. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

The Silverstone race edit and onboard lap are up. The race edit is disappointing, I was hoping for some good radio transmissions with Webber but there are not any. The F1 race edits seem to have gone downhill, they used to include good unseen/heard bits but they do not really do that anymore.

17. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Mclaren and Red Bull were pretty unhappy with what was going out on the actual live race. I think FOM should able to put on thier race edits what ever they want to paint the full picture of the race

18. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

I think Mclaren was hard done, they posted the piece about Button pitting, and then telling Hamilton to conserve fuel.

19. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Fuck Over Mclaren?

20. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I haven't watched the race edit yet but the onboard of Button shows a huge difference in downforce levels when compared to Ferrari. Button and Hamilton deserve better.