1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Not606 British GP Predictions & Chat

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by El_Bando, Jun 27, 2011.

?

Has britain got talent?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2011.
  1. Sebastian Vettel 186Pts

46.2%
  2. Jenson Button 109Pts

12.8%
  3. Mark Webber 109Pts

2.6%
  4. Lewis Hamilton 97Pts

20.5%
  5. Fernando Alonso 87Pts

17.9%
  6. Felipe Massa 42Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Nico Rosberg 32Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Vitaly Petrov 31Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nick Hiedfeld 30Pts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (Please Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Yep Webber is my prediction, it backfired last time and probably will again but when you are so far behind you have got to take chances.

2. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Alonso for me this time!

3. Mclarwum

Mclarwum Member

Well, Hamilton says he can't win at Silverstone. Is he playing mind games or just being open and honest? Additionally, Button urges for a push on upgrades, so everything points to a Mclaren fail.

Ifr I was being honest, I'd vote Vettel. Great driving in a superb car...but I am not voting for him. Aussie Grit, although strong in Dullencia, doesn't have the measure of Alonso or Vettel.....

So I will vote Alonso. I think he is the best bet of a non-red bull win.

4. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

I can see McLaren doing very well here, as it seemed in Valencia that it was the heat which made their car slower than Ferrari. It will probably be much cooler at Silverstone, and it might even rain, where Lewis and Jenson are very fast. Plus the change in rules that will apparently only really affect Red Bull and Renault. I predict a Vettel pole, just because no one can catch him in quali, but Lewis for the race win, Vettel in second, having being overtaken by Lewis and Jenson in third, with Alonso close behind. I also fancy Schumi to beat Massa.

5. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Last year they were pretty bad<ok> well in the race they werent but they got lucky with punctures and penalties.

Who is the steward? It better not be a British person :mad:

6. tomcat606

tomcat606 Member

A good read, especially regarding Red Bulls exhaust:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson/2011/06/sebasitan_vettel_dashes_hopes.html

------
    Initially, the belief among some of Red Bull's rivals was that because the world champions had been the first in exploiting this technology, they must be more advanced with it, and therefore would be hardest hit by any ban.

But Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said over the course of the weekend in Spain that they had tried 'hot blowing' and abandoned it because it was burning the bodywork - so had stuck with the less influential 'cold-blowing', where the throttles are kept open but fuel is not burnt. This produces significantly less energy and so is less effective than hot blowing.

That means that far from the Silverstone ruling hurting Red Bull, it could actually help them - as their closest rivals, Ferrari and McLaren, are both using hot-blowing.

It was already difficult to imagine Red Bull being beaten at Silverstone - a track that abounds with the sort of long-duration corners of varying speeds that bring out the car's strengths. With these latest revelations, their advantage in Northamptonshire could be even bigger.
    ------

7. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Alonso, I have a feeling he will pip Vettel at the end. He has been outdriving that car all season so I think he deserves a win.

8. di Fredsta!

*cough* China *cough*

9. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

wow you dont usually hear that from a Hamilton fan. good on ya!. and its true he does deserve a win this year ;)

10. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the weather report...

Split between Vettel and Alonso, two drivers in the best form at the moment.

11. WestCoastBoogaloo

WestCoastBoogaloo Well-Known Member

Like many I have voted for Vettel, purely on the basis that if I do that, he'll most likely not win.

I'm half tempted to place a real bet just to swing the odds more against his favour.

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Thats what im hoping for too!

13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

really? I don't think he has at all, in fact I'd say, considering they've probably had the 2nd best car mostof the time, he's been very poor in relation to his usual skills, except for Monaco and Valencia.

gonna wait til Monday and check the long range report to see what the British weather may have in store for us before deciding, my default for the season is Vettel though

14. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

If it wasn't for Alonso then Ferrari would be way down the constructors leaderboard. Massa has not been good enough since his accident and has been out raced and qualified by Alonso in every race almost.

Regarding the weather, I live in Northamptonshire so I will know how bad the weather is come race day. :)

15. di Fredsta!

What do you mean by that?
    Valencia was the first time this season that Ferrari were 2nd best.
    He's been super unlucky yet he's miles ahead of Massa.

16. Bergkamp a Dutch master

Apologies if already covered .... Pirelli say hard and soft tyres at Silverstone. There are 52 laps - I wonder what strategies will be adopted.
    Soft to start of course - but how many changes?

17. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

3 - two soft tyres and 1 set of hard tyres I guess.

18. Big Ern

Massa, as everyone has pointed out, isn't anywhere near the driver he was, yet he's still beaten Alonso 3 or 4 times this season, that's nearly half the races, and in my book, only beating and injured driver that really wasn't that good anyway isn't 'out-performing' the car at all. china? Malaysia? Canada? and of course there was the 'overtake' at australia, when Massa let him through to screw over McLaren, otherwise it would be almost 50/50 between them.

19. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Massa has beaten Alonso 3 times (and one of those was because of Alonso's DNF in Montreal when he was running ahead of him) and Alonso has outqualified him at every GP so far this season. Alonso's average finishing position is 4.1 while Massa's is 6.7, and Alonso has scored twice the amount of points Massa has. I would say that is a pretty comprehensive beating.

20. Big Ern

beating his rather poor team-mate, yes, but not outperforming the car much. and why do people fixate on qualifying so much when comparing drivers? it has almost no relation to the race at all. no one thinks Rosberg is out-performing the car, nor did they last year, when he comprehensively beat Schumacher in every race. Massa has been very poor all season, very poor. 2 or 3 good races Alonso has had, that's it.