1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Match Thread: Liverpool Vs Arsenal. (Premier League)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Who will win Sunday's game between Liverpool & Arsenal?

1. Liverpool Victory.

2. Draw.

3. Arsenal Victory.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

My honest assessment is that the player can read, everyone at the clubs know we are in a hole, and I don't blame some of them being down and deflated. We are a joke, now the media seems to be zeroing in on Ayre, but it strikes me as bad ownership by the owners if they are not on the phone getting updates through-out the day. So who can blame players for feeling "what is the ****ing point?" From Henry down to Rodgers, they are all culpable for this **** up. We are not some ****ty Championship team that should be leaving it's business to the very end of the window like this. No we don't want to be fleeced, but we were one of the big four, and there is a tax on that. We absorb more than an equal part of the money coming into the game, who why shouldn't a smaller club expect us to pay them more? This stinks of the Yanks piss poor comprehension of how the game works.

2. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Liverpool should focus on the positives. A 2-0 loss at home to Arsenal isn't that bad under the circumstances.

Lucas is a huge loss already.

3. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Agreed, so far every American owner of a football club has shown they know **** all about how the transfer system works. Perhaps this is because of the way American sports do transfers, never a good starting point if you want to run a football club like an American sports team, they are just too different.

4. Flappy Flanagan (JK)

Flappy Flanagan (JK) Well-Known Member

5. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

It's not getting beat by Arsenal, even at home: there's no shame in that going on last couple years comparative league form.

For me it's the obvious lack of depth to our squad. Downing although he did well enough when he came on can not be the alternative attacking option of a team wanting to fight for top 6 never mind 4! BR has just stated he would have kept AC if he'd known so these bloody owners need a "plan b" to their self sufficiency nonsense because they just saw what their plan a got them!

We have plus points: Sterling, Allen, a fit Lucas returning, Shelvey when he learns to tackle.

But Suarez can not continue to be our centre forward if he can't hit the target yet I see no sign of Borini being any different if they were swapped!

Reina is coming very close to needing to be benched. He's almost guaranteeing a mistake a game.

Gerrard: we had a thread about this a few weeks back and I continue to see my opinion proved. He gives up & drops his head far far too often over the last two years. A small part of me understands it when he's witnessed year after year of false dawns but the captain can never give up, ever especially in a young team. If he can't manage to keep lifting himself anymore then he doesn't deserve to keep the armband or starting place.

I prepared myself for this start and it may get worse with next two games.

I think we have a good frame work but until BR is allowed to complete his team; even a top six version of it we are going to suffer lots more of this.

6. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

LAMBEEEERRRRRRTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

YES! We are winning!!!!!!!!

<party>

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

liverpool will be very lucky if they can get in the top 10 this season and if they do then it will be a result for brendan. It going to take a couple of seasons before brendan gets the right players and get up to the standard of new boy Joe allen......Just be patient and dont expect much this season and probably next as brendan builds and sorts out liverpool. your owners have said he has 3 seasons to fulfill his 180 page document on how long it will take to turn things around. you will get the odd win here and there but they wont be constant enough to achieve being at the top.....patients is a virtue and as long as you dont get relegated then that's a result.........

8. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't agree with the first part of your post but agree that we need to be patient.

9. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

Man Utd win and van persie saves their bacon. Without their new striker they'd have lost that game. Hint, hint. We definitely need a striker! ;)

WBA was shambolic - you get games like that in the premiership, no matter who you are. We were a bit unlucky with City not to get more. And today we didn't play that well but Arsenal have previous of beating us at Anfield, so it doesn't bother me that much. I think we really need a win at Sunderland, though!

I'm liking the few positive posts we've had. Kudos ppl!

<ok>

10. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

^^^ this

A defeat after giving our all for a win is acceptable. But lying down, with no fight and no guts is not. Very disappointing, I just hope that there is a huge improvement in both performance and attitude.