1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Man Utd & Liverpool plus Chelsea, Everton and City Banter Thread!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Suarez has reached his "Ronaldo moment" so to speak. For the last year he's reminded me a lot of Ronaldo in the 05/06 season - showing great technique and skills, creating problems for every team he plays, but just not delivering consistently and doing too many stupid and frustrating things. This incident could be his equivalent of the winking incident at the 2006WC that made Ronaldo so notorious and hated. If he lets it get the better of him he'll end up just another wasted talent, but if he can push on from it and use it as a motivation he might just deliver on all the hype and promise. And as you say, it'll be whether he delivers as a player that will ultimately decide his fate - I reckon Dalglish will overlook the embarrassments and problems as long as he can start using his talent to consistently win games for the club.

True, but then none of the Liverpool players (that I'm aware of) went chasing after Evra to try and provoke him after the FA Cup match.

Not a foul for me - Rio got a solid touch on the ball and the tackle was in no way dangerous, so there's no grounds for a foul imo. Same as the Cahill one on Welbeck from last week - as long as the defender gets the ball and doesn't endanger the player then a sending off would be incredibly harsh. Otherwise you're effectively sending the message that a chasing defender can do absolutely nothing to try and win the ball back, which is a pretty ridiculous situation!

Quite surprised Suarez didn't just go over on Evra's previous wild swing to be honest - he had a very good chance to get Evra sent off there. Maybe he just figured he'd be a bigger hero if he scored. Might be why he was so pissed off afterwards - had Evra on a plate but didn't take advantage!

2. CCC

CCC Poet Laureate

Absolutely. I'm going to try not to get drawn into it again. Sensible idea, Luv <ok>

3. Manciniiiiiii

Manciniiiiiii Well-Known Member

Think at the end of the day it has all been blown out of proportion. Thankfully we do not have to play United again till next season. Kenny was pretty wound up in his post match interview, but he won't lose much sleep over it.

Should not have started him in the first place.

Evra did make a bit a tool out himself, the celebrations at the end where totally over the top and very imature.

4. Manciniiiiiii

And Fergie's comments are bang out of order also.

5. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

???

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

i'm heartly sick of this racist ****. it could have been put to bed today but no its going to carry on till the end of the season.
    its just ****ing galling

7. Manciniiiiiii

Got to say in that picture it looks as if Evra blanks suarez's offer of a handshake. But the picture is decieving, I have seen the incident in slow motion several times, and there is no way that Suarez had any intent of shaking his hand. He moved past quickly moving his hand directly to De Gea.

8. Rorschach

Rorschach Well-Known Member

on a lighter note the spuds are hammering newcastle 5-0 <ok>

9. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Suarez' brother disagrees. And I'm pretty sure he'll have talked to his brother about the handshake.

10. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Its all mind games, to keep pressure on Liverpool FC, Kenny and Suarez

11. Manciniiiiiii

TBH could not care less, I would not of shaken his hand either, nasty little man. Dalglish got it wrong today, Suarez should of been on the bench, starting him justed added fuel to an already volatile situation. Would have been better bringing Suarez later.

12. Manciniiiiiii

Yea, true, and it seems to be working, Kenny seemed pretty mad. Fergie clearly sees us as a threat. Showing a little class, is surely more important than winning a football game. Fergie is so bitter these days. He should retire whilst people still have at least some fond memories of him.

13. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

United, united, united.

14. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Tomorrow or Monday, I would like to hear someting from our camp on what went wrong. Why the decision to start him, talk to him and encourage him to shake hands went all wrong.

I think we have talked about the game for about a minute, which we deservedly lost, but have been banging on this now. Hence why I wish he had just shaken the hand and it ended. ****ing merry go round all of this.

15. Manciniiiiiii

I would like to hear nothing, I would like the players to show thanks to Kenny for the support and loyality he has shown to them recently. Go on a winning run and fight for fourth. Enjoy the summer, sign a few world class players, come back win the league and then laugh at how bitter fergies face looks.

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Sorry, just as we said we are going to appeal then pulled out making ourselves look stupid and guilty, we have said we want them to shake hands and it didn't happen, again making ourselves look stupid again.

What the **** is going on in the backrooms to get these so wrong? I'll say it again, if Suarez was so aggrieved and we were adament about him being innocent, we should have pushed on with it.

Either way, it all rubs me the wrong way from the way it started, how the FA went about it, how we went about it, both managers stoking the flames and keeping it going, the media, how nothing seems to be mentioned about JT and that case, and now the ****ing handshake. Just want some truth and for this to be over with.

17. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think anyone would have seen the handshake as an admission of guilt. After all, no one would've said the same if Terry had shaken Anton's hand had that one gone ahead.

I suppose it's fair enough if he didn't want to shake his hand at all, but then he could've easily said that to his manager or the media at any point over the past couple of weeks, rather than leaving everyone guessing and turning it into a media circus.

I'm also pretty sure his brother isn't the most unbiased source available ;)

If you look at the picture of Wayne Bridge when he blanked John Terry, his hand is in exactly the same position as Suarez's was, right before he whipped it back and left Terry grasping air.

18. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Just in from work.

Wow, what have i missed?

19. Manciniiiiiii

It's Fergie's doing. Good will overcome evil and we will have the last laugh. Time will tell.

20. Manciniiiiiii

Not much, just your club embarrasing itself. Usual story.