1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Man Utd & Liverpool plus Chelsea, Everton and City Banter Thread!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by UIR - Kagawa Powa, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

2. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

3. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

Sorry Ruffian but TB has evolved and morphed since you had your vaccination. It is probably bronchitis or even pneumonia but it's best to get it treated.

PS you can get emergency GP cover whilst you are over in God's country

4. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

5. moreinjuredthanowen

this comment is for both sets of bantering fasn.

1. suarez is a thundering disgrace, ferguson is right. Of course he is wrong that your fans would have rioted. thats being too far but the central point is suarez has no class, no manners and after my club stood by him he's got the arrogance to go do that. TO me he had a chance given him to put it behind him and to be honest he failed to do it, he deserves everything he gets.

2. Evra was decent, he offer his hand, I've no bther at all with him celebrating at the end.

3. LFC players like reina and skertl should be slapped for getting involved. LFC lost the heads totally at half time and deservedly lost.

4. gerrard got tired after 30mins and to be honest scholes has more running in him. captain plastic not captain fantastic. someones got to say it.

finall ybefore ANYONE from lfc side on this thread sounds stupid leave the spite behind. evra did nothing wrong today at all, it was all suarez. ignorant pric... thats a fact, rio was right not to shake his hand, he's a total asshole and i for one can't wait to get shut of him. I said before he's got to serve his time and come back and pay us back, well if you go do that you can chuff off.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think Suarez did anything wrong, but that's my opinion. We didn't deserve anything today Man Utd were better on the day. (Spit!)

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree with the view on Suarez, but not SAF. SAF has only stirred the flames imo, no need to make such blatant and controversial statements after a match we've won well. Re Suarez, you forgot the fact that he lied to his manager and made him look like a fool. Dalglish's official statement before the match was:

"People are already speculating on the pre-match ceremony, but from Luis's point of view we have spoken to him and I know he will shake the hand of Patrice Evra and the other Manchester United players before the game."

I doubt Dalglish is going to be happy about that!

Personally I thought the celebrating at the end was a bit much. You could tell he was looking for a response from Suarez when he was running around near him celebrating, and when he didn't get it he ran straight over to Suarez and jumped up and down behind him. No call for that imo - Evra had a chance to be the bigger man and he failed.

Agree with that. Suarez, to his credit, completely ignored Evra's attempted wind up at the end of the match, and the ref was already dealing with it. No need for everyone to get involved, particularly so close to the Utd fans.

Scholes has impressed me a lot this year to be honest. I was quite happy to see him retire last year, cos imo him and Carrick just weren't working together after Scholes dropped deep. I think his short retirement has given Carrick more scope to move forwards, and so they can now work better together in midfield, and that's made a lot of difference. I wonder if Scholesy's return will be cited as a crucial factor come the end of the season?

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I honestly thought we would get this game over and be done with all the Suarez-Evra....... nope.

9. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

In my opinion Suarez was out of order. He could have up it all behid both players and both clubs, even if it ment swallowing his pride.

I personally think he let your club down today.

10. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I agree, to an extent. The cynic in me thinks that he should have shaken it if only to avoid the media frenzy that will take place over the next week or so. They love a good controversy. They've made the whole thing into far far more than it is.

11. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Agree.

But then Evra could have done a lot better too. He practically injured Rio with that first minute charge and the half time and full time incidents were not great. I think he let us down a bit today as well - he could've ignored the whole handshake thing and shown Suarez to be a petty twat, but instead he let it get to him which is not what you want.

12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I have to get this out, and this page seems to be the calmest......

WHY SUAREZ!!!! WHY THE **** DID YOU NOT JUST PUT IT BEHIND!!! You've made us fans look like fools and you made your manager look like a ****ing mong because you lied to him and said you would shake Evra's ****ing hand!!!!

FFS enough is enough Suarez, either take it to court or deal FOR ****S SAKE!!!!!!!!!

That's me done for the day with all of this.

13. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Don't want to say too much on the handshake except that whether you like someone or not...think of the club and the media vultures surrounding the game...bite your tongue and get it over with. You are right though, he has put Kenny in a difficult position.

For me, Suarez has to do a lot between now and the end of the season to win me over...we all know he has flair and is a decent player. I want to judge him on that, nothing else.

14. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

After all Kenny has done for him, put his own name on the line, Suarez goes and does that to him. Unreal.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

honestly, i think there's a fair bit of emotion. Ferguson was angry, evra was clearly emotional and ok he celebrated like you'd won the league but hey... lfc players did that after the fa 4th round so i think there's a context for thier actions.

suarez has ZERO context to do what he did, if he decided last minute that no he could couldn't do it then he's a small man. if he decided before the game he never as going to he ought to have been again a man and admitted that honestly and let his manager take him out of the situation.

scholes came back fitter than ever gerrard has not got any stamina at all, 30mins and ran out... henderson also played poorly. all in all though... a tight game with few clear cut chances bar when lfc never came out at the start of the second half. i think utd proved yet again they have the better ball passers but didn't create too much, jonhson is so weak as marking i nthe box, he always lets guys get runs on him he should only be post marking.. .and spearing was piss poor.

not a classic but ruined by what i can only call scummy behaviour.... I'm not sure about suarez v ferdinand.. I think it was a foul, youcan't have fletcher not defedn his team mate but i think if the guy had shaken hands the ref might just have blown up... not really sure about it. I thin suarez played for the foul not to get through there.... if you see he does a little skip just before rio arrives to try and get slowed up to be fouled.

16. moreinjuredthanowen

honestly, i think there's a fair bit of emotion. Ferguson was angry, evra was clearly emotional and ok he celebrated like you'd won the league but hey... lfc players did that after the fa 4th round so i think there's a context for thier actions.

suarez has ZERO context to do what he did, if he decided last minute that no he could couldn't do it then he's a small man. if he decided before the game he never as going to he ought to have been again a man and admitted that honestly and let his manager take him out of the situation.

scholes came back fitter than ever gerrard has not got any stamina at all, 30mins and ran out... henderson also played poorly. all in all though... a tight game with few clear cut chances bar when lfc never came out at the start of the second half. i think utd proved yet again they have the better ball passers but didn't create too much, jonhson is so weak as marking i nthe box, he always lets guys get runs on him he should only be post marking.. .and spearing was piss poor.

not a classic but ruined by what i can only call scummy behaviour.... I'm not sure about suarez v ferdinand.. I think it was a foul, youcan't have fletcher not defedn his team mate but i think if the guy had shaken hands the ref might just have blown up... not really sure about it. I thin suarez played for the foul not to get through there.... if you see he does a little skip just before rio arrives to try and get slowed up to be fouled.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just looked on the Man Utd board, wish I hadn't. It's such a happy place very unlike the carnage on our board. I'm pissed off again now. <wah>

18. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

If Suarez and Evra had shook hands at the start of the match it would have gone a long way to putting this whole affair to bed. If either player is still at our clubs next year it may very well continue.
    I also agree with Swarbs, Evra had every opportunity to come out of this looking the bigger man, but, totally cocked up by celebrating so close to Suarez.
    By tomorrow, in the cold light of day, neither player will have scored a moral victory.

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't think he should have shook his hand. The way I see it and this is just my opinion. Suarez didn't ever agree with the charge or verdict against him and therefore is not happy with Evra.

Shaking Evras hand could have be seen as admitting the allegations against him and he didn't want to do that.

I haven't supported Suarez throughout this as I feel that I don't know enough about what happened. Only Suarez knows how his words were intended.

I just don't have a problem with what Suarez did today, all this "being the bigger man" crap is silly. I do feel that both managers have not helped the situation and that the less said about the whole Suarez/Evra thing by both clubs the better.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

in the cold light of day tomorrow evra as the victim (i aint getting into the turths, rights or wrongs or even my opinio there) will be still that tomorrow nthe press while suarez will be the wors ti nthe world.

LFC will be condemned in all quarters and again a shadow of racism will be cast over us... all because one asshole couldn't be a man.

If you didn't appeal it you had to swallow it. end of. if you didn't appeal it its was over. simple. you took 8 matches but came back and immediately made yourslef look a fool... the press were riding you hard over parker, ferguson was stoking that and so was rooney yet they are going to be fine whiel SO look like a racist scumbag for not doing what was simple, prideful, arrogant stupid.