1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by Nazara, Aug 9, 2012.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Actually, yes.

Well, there's two versions of the game, Standard (which comes with a couple of classics and the rest is DLC), and Classic (all classics included)

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I will be immensley disappointed if I don't get to drive the MP4/4 through the forest of hockenheim.

3. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Some gameplay videos have been released, showing the classic cars.

It also confirms that the standard version of the game comes with the 80's stuff, and the 90's stuff comes with the "classic" version, or is DLC for the standard game.

80's: The Lotus 100T was according to wikipedia only driven by Nelson Piquet and Satoru Nakajima, so I'd say they are fair guesses for drivers to be included, despite a lack of official news. The FW07B was driven by Reutemann and Alan Jones I believe, so they'd likely be another two drivers included. The FW12 is the third of five cars announced, and was driven by Mansell (already confirmed) and Ricardo Patrese, although Brundle did drive a couple of races so might get included that way.

The 90's has the FW14B (Mansell+Patrese) and the FW18 (Hill+Villenueve). Of those, Villenueve and Mansell are announced (although Mansell for the 80's), and Patrese is also a likely 80's driver. Other drivers announced are Irvine, Coulthard and Prost. Irvine must really mean Schumacher, Coulthard drove mostly alongside Hakkinen, so you'd think he'd be in too. Prost could mean a whole host of drivers really, but as he's classed as a 90's driver, doesn't necessarily mean Senna. As there's a classic Imola circuit, I could see Senna being kept out to avoid morons trying to recreate the fatal accident.

4. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Classic cars look cool! Can see cody not developing the rest of the game much though

5. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

Anyone who followed the controversy of Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain's inclusion in Guitar Hero 5 will probably agree with me when I say I doubt Senna should or will be included in the game.

6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I guess what else is there to do? Apparently the YDT's have been improved, and there's a scenario mode which I believe will be based on historical situations, but beyond that, what is there? I've not played 2012, and only a Vita version of 2011 (read: Awful port), but do they allow driver changes mid-season, or drivers outside the current roster to get included?

7. TomTom94

From watching gameplay videos on youtube, sorting out the penalty system would be a nice start.

8. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Can always make gameplay better, Career mode is a bit flat.

And this
    please log in to view this image

9. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Has anyone tried MotoGP '13? I only ask because I was particularly impressed with what I've read about the career mode. It doesn't just have the MotoGP series, you start in Moto3 and work your way up. It'd be really nice to see that in an F1 game. You could start in GP3 or FR3.5, progress to GP2, perhaps pick up an F1 testing role, and then make it into F1, in around 3 seasons if you're good, or longer if you don't do so well. Would also help shake the grid up as well, because I don't believe there's currently any movement of drivers, or retirements at the moment. After 3 Codemaster's generations of the game, it surely wouldn't be beyond them, and I'm sure getting the rights to GP2 wouldn't be difficult. Could also be a way to introduce more tracks, rather than a rather cobbled together classic mode, which doesn't look much better than the 06 game had.

10. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

Well I bought myself 11 new games on the Steam summer sale and none of them involves racing!

11. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

Brazilians really can't drive. On my Forza 4 "trounce as many nationalities as possible" mission, i believe i encountered the world's worst driver, sort of a Brazilian Max Chilton. I didn't even bother overtaking him, it was too funny watching him flail all over the place. I felt like Jules Bianchi, only not so dreamy.

12. 51LV3R8RR04

I dare any sane person here....................................to play Super Meatboy!

[video=youtube;snaionoxjos]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snaionoxjos[/video]

Wanted to eat my keyboard during world 2!

13. 51LV3R8RR04

Just bought Prison Architect and I got a bonus addon in which I could create a prisoner character with a Bio which I can include in the actual game for everybody to see. So I decided to stick Bernie in it for realism with his Bribery charges ;)

14. TomTom94

Ah yes, they're doing that Kickstarter-like early access plan on Steam aren't they. Nicely done <diva>

hope they don't sue you for libel

15. 51LV3R8RR04

Unemployed/student so good luck with that lol!

16. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Some odd choices. Berger in a 96 Ferrari? Prost in a 99 Williams?

17. The Iceman

The Iceman Member

No Ayrton Senna?

18. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Probably costs to much to use the name.

I assume we can only drive as the original drivers as well?

19. TomTom94

Coulthard as a legend <laugh>

I think the classic cars/drivers will probably get better over time, if they keep doing it then they should be able to get more and more drivers' rights (potentially including Senna, right now I'd imagine there are a lot of legal problems, look up the Jimi Hendrix / Kurt Cobain Guitar Hero 5 controversy if you want to know more) but right now they're just trying to put in what they can. It's a good idea.

20. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

So the original driver is someone who actually drove that particular car, and the team legend is just a decent driver who drove an unremarkable car so they've just shoe-horned them in this way? Seems pretty odd to me. I'd love to see it extended to the point where you could do a whole '95 season or something, but I guess it's a good starrt, and they can build on it.