1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Official 2014 Australian GP Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Mar 5, 2014.

?

2014 Turbo Revolution. All Change? Maybe?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2014.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

4.2%
  2. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kimi Raikkonen

2.1%
  4. Fernando Alonso

10.4%
  5. Kevin Magnussen

4.2%
  6. Jenson Button

6.3%
  7. Lewis Hamilton

45.8%
  8. Nico Rosberg

25.0%
  9. Romain Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Pastor Maldonado

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other (Oh yes...many will click here)

2.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

It'll die down once Rosberg beats him to the championship ;)

2. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If that happens I foresee many UNICEF etc usernames <laugh>

3. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With regards to the darker Mclaren livery, firstly I hope it's accurate, and there's rumours (probably completely unsubstantiated) of Sony being the new sponsor. Something like this:

please log in to view this image

4. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

I don't believe for one moment the Hamilton fans will like Rosberg to win the WDC. Germany last season was a fine example of attitude shifting with the Hamilton fans on Rosberg when he didn't let Hamilton past and a good proportion of fans and the media were accusing him of sabotage. No true driver fanboy is going to like seeing their idols team mate win the WDC over their favourite driver. Back in 2010 I wanted Alonso to win instead of Webber just out of spite as I hated his guts and being a Vettel fanboy. 6 long years at then end of this year it would of taken Hamilton to win another title (if he does) if I was them I would sell Rosberg down the river and say hell to the opinions of the media, I want just glory as it's been long enough.

Reasons why Hamilton fans loved Heikki because he wasn't a threat to Hamilton. Jenson was loved by the Hamilton fans at the start of 2010 until it became clear he wasn't a walkover like people expected, just like what is happening with Rosberg IMO. When Rosberg STILL matches Hamilton this season you will see a big attitude shift, that I will lay money on. Hamilton cant lose to Rosberg as it just adds more firepower to the detractors agenda.

The same can be said about Ricciardo, Vettel and me, I never liked Daniel from the start the second he entered RBR because Daniel is an unknown quantity and could cause a big upset with Vettel. I'm sure he's a nicer guy than Webber but I don't want Vettel beaten so it's simple Daniel can go swivel I want Seb to crush him plain and simple. I don't believe in false self confidence of past success so like Vettel I'll be wary from the start and watch what I say in kidding myself that it will be a walkover with Daniel.

5. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I think the sponsorship will be Sony, there was news of a legal firm sponsoring them, but I have forgotten the name now.
    I do genuinely believe Rosberg will start off better than Hamilton as he did in the previous season, but he just seems to go off the grid. It will be tight.

Outsiders for the WDC are Raikkonen/Alonso/Magnussen/Massa/Bottas.

6. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

Silver I don't think anyone needs to be a fanboy in order not to want to see their favourite driver beaten by his team-mate. I suppose it depends on what your definition of fanboy is.

I wouldn't call myself a Hamilton fanboy, but I sure as hell do fear Rosberg this year. I would love to see Lewis add a deserving second title but I know that in the event the the Merc is the strongest car it will be a close fight between those two. And that fear I have of Rosberg is based on respect for his ability, not hatred or nationalism.

Incidentally, I'd love also be very happy to see Alonso or Raikkonen do well this year. It would be nice if they have a decent shot at it and aren't hamstrung by inferior machinery as usual.

7. Pit Lane Charlie

Formula 1 is no place for idols, especially when they're set in stone. Maybe, Ricciardo will gain a few more fans this year. I hope so. An unknown quantity is a good thing for the more neutral fans and he is the first of the post-Vettel bunch to get the big break ... even if his car was 4s slower in testing :emoticon-0138-think

8. Pit Lane Charlie

My bad! Didn't realise I was answering SA - thought it was just someone's engine number...!

9. eddie_squidd

I'd include Magnussen in that, and his car is more likely to work properly.

10. 51LV3R8RR04

Fanboy is more of a modern term used for super fan of a certain driver, I don't really consider it a slur anymore though .

11. eddie_squidd

What's wrong with fan?

12. 51LV3R8RR04

You can be a fan of F1, but in my opinion only a fanboy with F1 drivers exist with everybody in a variety of degree's. Everybody likes good racing and my v6 black blood is the same as everybody here, but lets not kid ourselves on who we want to cross that line first and only first.

I've spent many times with F1 fans on buses to know we have the same mindset with F1 in general and the concept to be a F1 fan, but different desires on who we want to win that epic race as a fanboy is clear to see for me anyway.

Fanboy = personal goals of favourite driver.

Fan = person who wants good racing in general.

All in all an F1 fan is both of these in one.

13. eddie_squidd

I think you can be a fan of a driver without that being to the exclusion of other drivers or the sport in general. There is a driver I'd like to cross the line first, but if he doesn't there are other drivers that I care about, and drivers I didn't used to care for who have earned my respect. And if any driver pulls off a great move or a great drive it's brilliant to see.

14. eddie_squidd

To clarify a bit, I don't really believe in tribalism, this isn't football. Support your favourite driver(s) and respect and appreciate the others.

15. 51LV3R8RR04

Then I hope that majority of F1 fans become more like you in the future and maybe even me one day. Sadly though I think people here know where I stand on the spectrum because of what's been said to me by the focus points of certain conversations to become who I am today with this sport with Vettel and the pro's and con's of the sport fanbase. I'm probably in the same mindset as the tifosi fanatic unlike the type of F1 fan you are that seems far more happy ignoring the conflict.

Plus I also think I curse drivers so I cant like any other driver apart from Vettel as a fanboy at least until he retires.

16. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

Can we stop with this **** please.

17. eddie_squidd

Might have gone slightly off topic for a bit there, sorry. Got diverted onto fanboys.

18. 51LV3R8RR04

During my studies towards my psychology degree with social psychology I've come to understand that all sport is the same with regards to aggression and that you cannot escape the us vs them complex that comes with all sport. There's always conflict and bias in any sport and I've come to accept that fact.

19. 51LV3R8RR04

It's either this or madness manny before the season starts.

20. 51LV3R8RR04

Sebs new car is called Suzie I hear.