1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The non-Watford football thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by North North Watford, May 1, 2012.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"Premier League’s return hailed a success after Arsenal’s defenders manage to stay two metres away from Man City at all times."

yorkshirehornet and Markthehorn like this.
  2. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

3. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

There is some talk here about the French Cup Final being played with some spectators. The Stade de France has a capacity of 80,000, but government regulations would only allow 5,000 in to watch. Plenty of chance to spread people out, but the problem I foresee is how can you judge which 5,000 fans it should be.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

WAGS, parents & siblings of all the players and officials probably - and if there are any left over, season ticket holders can scrap over them.

The Queensland government have eased that particular restriction - to start next weekend. The maxiumum attendance to be allowed at sports matches will be 2,000 - I'd hazard a guess that, in the vast majority of cases, those seats will be made available to club members first and then season ticket holders. I doubt away fans will get a look in, and they certainly won't if they are from Melbourne - they have been told to stay away as that is the hot spot for coronavirus in Australia.

5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

There was some on Twitter saying could they just let a few thousand into the grounds with social distancing etc but then you'd have arguments over who should be let in I guess.

Interesting end here to this game in Turkey.

I think the ref has given a free kick for the goalie taking too long over the kick - I think the 6 second rule is still in place but never used!

I think the fact there was 13 minutes of injury time and no serious injury probably says a lot!

6. Markthehorn

Apparently there have been some complains a few players/managers haven't adhered to the Coivd guidelines.

I presume they are talking about the Arsenal and Brighton players at the end of that game on Saturday.

7. Bolton's Boots

I think the ref has taken a bribe...

8. Markthehorn

I have hardly seen the 6 second rule be used - just as well otherwise Foster would be caught out a lot.

Even the penalty was fairly soft and maybe outside the area.

I notice they said the attacking team had a goal earlier ruled out so trying to even things up ?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  9. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

3-2 up in injury time...
    I counted 15 seconds from the time he stopped rolling with the ball to the time he released it. Excellent decision from the referee. And then to award a penalty was absolutely spot on. Question is, would he have made those decisions with 60,000+ Galatasary fans in the stadium? Unlikely, though I'd hope he would.

10. Bolton's Boots

I'd say it was his own damned fault. From the commentary, he had already been booked for time wasting - but having said that, I can't even find mention of the six second rule in the rule book - I thought it had been scrapped.:(

As to the penalty, it looked inside the area to me - but it all hinges on whether or the keeper should have been booked or not in the first place.

I still think the ref took a bribe.

11. Markthehorn

You might be right then.

In which it should have just been a 2nd booking and no free kick for time wasting?

12. Bolton's Boots

May have to ask @Hornet-Fez about that - from memory he is - or was - a qualified referee.

I'd still to know why the ref played 15 minutes of added time when the original advice was only 6 though.

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Burnley Football Club strongly condemns the actions of those responsible for the aircraft and offensive banner that flew over The Etihad Stadium on Monday evening.

We wish to make it clear that those responsible are not welcome at Turf Moor.

This, in no way, represents what Burnley Football Club stands for and we will work fully with the authorities to identify those responsible and issue lifetime bans.

The club has a proud record of working with all genders, religions and faiths through its award-winning Community scheme, and stands against racism of any kind.

We are fully behind the Premier League’s Black Lives Matter initiative and, in line with all other Premier League games undertaken since Project Restart, our players and football staff willingly took the knee at kick-off at Manchester City.

We apologise unreservedly to the Premier League, to Manchester City and to all those helping to promote Black Lives Matter.

please log in to view this image

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  14. Markthehorn

Play offs never fail to disappoint!

Great turn around by Northampton and Exeter in these play offs.

15. Hornet-Fez

I have no idea. Remember that the time given is a minimum. The two decisions he made leading to the equaliser were correct... whether they should actually have been on the pitch for that long is another matter entirely.

Markthehorn likes this.
  16. Hornet-Fez

Law 12 part 2... controlling the ball with hands for more than six seconds. Indirect free kick, no sanction, unless deemed unsporting behaviour or disrespectful of the game.

17. Markthehorn

Just watching the Euro 1992 final and John Motson said UEFA thought about scrapping penalty shoot outs and decided by the amount of yellow cards after extra time for each team.

Clearly that didn't get off the ground !

18. Markthehorn

Well Liverpool win the league.

They wlll be hoping it's not another 30 years before the next one!

19. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Will we have to wait another 38 years to finish second to them again

Markthehorn likes this.
  20. Bolton's Boots

Now that they are officially champions, can we end the season now please? <whistle>

yorkshirehornet and Markthehorn like this.