1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The non-Watford football thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by North North Watford, May 1, 2012.

1. Ahead of Spurs - really? They have played some great stuff sure but think that's pushing it a bit!

2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

If we had not given away sooooooooooooooo many stupid goals in the last ten minutes of matches we could/would be between Chelsea and Tottenham in the league
    Be interesting to see how Liverpool do if the lose Salah and how Tottenham do if they lose Kane and Ali, but I think Son and Erickson are their best, most reliable players, Kane and Ali cheat too much for me to want to see them in England shirts so would be happy to see then sit on the bench for Real Madrid

3. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Mo Salah is in exactly the right place at the right time, and would be stupid to move even if Real Madrid came sniffing. Zinade has the highest respect for him, and he is definitely on their radar, but Klopp is bringing the best out of him, and Salah is not the sort of person to have his head turned purely for financial reasons.

4. Flittonhorn

Flittonhorn Well-Known Member

Be ironic if Coutiniho has to watch Liverpool lift Champions League trophy after defeating Barcelona in the final.......

5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Now 1-1 when it should have been 2-0 which would have made it very interesting.

6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Well, that's that then!

7. Markthehorn

Well never mind this game - what about Barca heading out against Roma?!

Naturally the officials bad error will be all the talk of MC/Liverpool game but must be a worry for Man City the way they just did nothing 2nd half and let Liverpool in twice ?

Mexican Hornet and Hornet-Fez like this.
  8. Hornet-Fez

Well, blimey!

9. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

I watched the Roma game, they destroyed Barcelona. Barca were made to look toothless.

Citeeeehhhhyyyy have lost 3 in a row when they least needed it! Shame, they were on some roll. Scousepool deserved it overall.

andytoprankin likes this.
  10. Markthehorn

Well Juve are in the verge of doing a Roma as well!?

Or will Ronaldo save Real..

Mean while in the Championship Neves just showing why he cost 15 million.

Deleted....... likes this.

11. Mexican Hornet

**** me, that is some goal.

Can´t believe that went that way at the end there with CR9, bet Juve are gutted.

Deleted....... likes this.
  12. Markthehorn

I felt sorry for Buffon and Juve but did think it was a foul and they did go a bit OTT with the reaction albeit understandable.

I see Arsenal have done their usual and almost messed things up.

Mind you least they got through - Lazio and RB Leipzig blew leads.

Marseille into the semi finals - guess they would love to get to a final in Lyon OFH?

For our 606s who live abroad - do the neutrals get behind the European representatives or wish they'd all crash and burn!

Must admit there is something about Liverpool I like compared to some of the others and Arsenal winning would just be funny as all those on Arsenal TV would soon change their tune!

andytoprankin likes this.
  13. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lyon and Marseille currently are 3rd and 4th in Ligue 1 only separated by goal difference, so there is an intense rivalry between them.

When it comes to World Cups then I want England and France to do well. The early rounds often bring a small football country to the fore and it is good to see them do well. It is always enjoyable to see some of the established nations come unstuck.

brian_66_usa and Markthehorn like this.
  14. Markthehorn

Well Arsenal get the tie they didn't want and Liverpool get the one they probably wanted - albeit Roma are hardly push overs clearly.

15. Markthehorn

16. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

There's no way I would wish anything good for either Bayern or RB Leipzig Mark ! I want to see Liverpool win the Champions League and Marseille win the other one. When it comes to European club football nationality makes no difference to me - I like clubs where I respect their club philosophy such as Ajax, or clubs with no money such as Basel. How could I support a team full of multi millionaires such as Man. City against footballing minnows such as FC Basel ? Nice to see the Fascist thugs of Lazio going out (and the police will be very happy to have avoided a Marseilles-Lazio clash) but Red Bull Salzburg are just a corporate club with no traditions, only money. Strange to see that RB Leipzig and Salzburg were allowed into the same competition though they, more or less, have the same owners.

Markthehorn likes this.
  17. Mexican Hornet

With Stoke and WHU drawing tonight it is another result we sort of needed as we cruise down the table, as of last season there´ll hopefully be 3 ****ter teams and 17th will be ours!

andytoprankin and brian_66_usa like this.
  18. Hornet-Fez

Technically the VAR was absolutely right. A bit embarrassing that the referee took players got off the pitch before the decision was made, but a nailed on, stonewall penalty in my book. Not entirely sure how the officials didn't give it immediately, which is my main concern.

19. Markthehorn

Yes - I think that just sums up the communication problem!

I can see all sorts of issues in the World Cup as you will have officials with various degrees of experience and know how with VAR.

Plus my main fear is we will have players and managers demanding it to be used for anything slightly contentious which happened in the FA Cup hence the rather messy process of it so matches will be stop start and ruin the spectacle.

I already see Mr Wenger is complaining about it not coming into the Premier league next year... naturally because he thought Arsenal didn't get a decision or two going their way.

20. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

It's also funny that the incident he referred to didn't take place in a PL match!

Markthehorn likes this.