1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Migrant Crisis

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Jul 22, 2021.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Hello 'Pikey Rob' nice to have you back active again, nice to have a 'Lefty' giving it stick again, keep waving your banner mate.:emoticon-0105-wink:

BCFCRob likes this.
  2. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I agree about her and the tories in general especially over this matter and others like the culling of 21k of police officers, customs and Border force staff etc.

We will agree to disagree about the benefits, the difference is as I said in France and many other EU countries accessing them for genuine UK citizens when we were in the EU was bordering on the impossible.

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Haha cheers wiz :emoticon-0167-beer:

I won't pretend to know anything in detail about welfare in France so I'm sure you're right on that, I was just looking at the numbers. I don't think it is particularly easy here mind after being granted asylum, particularly after having a quick search. But yeah I can't argue on that point.

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I would like to see the system from granting asylum to citizenship be something precious that has to be achieved over a number of years and serious and or continuous breaches of our laws resulting in removal. Something akin to the American system. Which at present averages at present approximately 2 years and requires at least 5 different elements to it's process.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  5. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Boris is way too weak when it come to dealing effectively with people who step out of line (Dominic Cummings) and people who are understandably probably bullies and not doing their job effectively (Patel). Had he sacked Cummings without hesitation, he would have laid down a marker of expectation to everyone else.
    But the opportunity wasn't taken.

6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Sacking in politics isn't as easy as in the 'real' world, they know too much, they are protected by the people who actually hold the power (even poor old Kier found that out over Rayner) and the good old ruling class elitist motto of never admit that you made a mistake in promoting somebody, it exists in public life, the military, the police and virtually everywhere where there is a system of rank.