1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Manchester City transfer rumour thread.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by tevezrightboot, Oct 30, 2011.

1. tevezrightboot

With the new transfer window opening in just over 2 months. Do you think RM will bring in any new players to strengthen our squad. If so who would you like to see him bring in. These players have got to be players who we stand a real chance of getting. Also do you think that RM will sell any of our players and if so who do you think will go. Wayne Bridge being 1 of the obvious players to go.

2. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

We will be linked to every big name foreign player over the next few weeks, the rumour machine never stops..

3. tevezrightboot

That looks like a good deal to me providing that both players agree to it and Napoli also give us some Euro's as well in the region of £15M

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

5. Father_Jack_Hackett

The Lille and Belgium star Eden Hazard has already admitted that this will be is last season in France, and Roman Abramovich at Chelsea is being backed to outbid both Arsenal and Real Madrid to sign him in the summer.

Andres Villas-Boas has already said that he wants more midfielders (and you can get better than Hazard!) but Arsene Wenger has wanted the Belgian international to join Arsenal since he was a young whippersnapper.

Looking at the betting from William Hill, Chelsea are clear favourites to sign him at a good price of 9/4, while Arsenal are second favourites at 7/2 (3.50) along with Real Madrid. Paris St. Germain are at a low 4/1 (5.00) even though Hazard said this week that he won’t be staying in France, and the other moneybags team, Manchester City are well-priced at 7/1 (8.00). There is a possibility that Roberto Mancini may instruct the Man City agents to buy him just to stop anyone else getting stronger. ( do these feckers make this ****e up?)

There is very little chance for me that Arsene Wenger will enter a bidding war that could go as high as €50m, and I doubt that Real Madrid can raise the capital after their spending in recent years, so I make the two best bets to be Chelsea and Roberto Mancini’s Man City. And for the value (and the cash in hand) I can easily see Hazard ending up at the Etihad Stadium next season. So get on it @ 7/1 from William Hill before it’s too late!

6. Father_Jack_Hackett

7. Father_Jack_Hackett

8. Father_Jack_Hackett

Having read we could be making bids for Marco Reus and Christian Eriksen do you think they are hoping Nigel de Jong will leave without being pushed ?

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/531925355?-1808

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

10. tevezrightboot

Rumors that is all that most of them are. We would end up with a 1st team squad of 30+ players if all these rumours came true. As Nigel wants £110,000 a week let the club come to an agreement of around £100,000 a week. We could do with Nigel in the team come the New Year when Yaya and Kolo Toure are of playing in the African Cup of Nations in January.

11. superal

superal Active Member

I like the rumour today about buying napolis whole strike force lol

12. Father_Jack_Hackett

13. Father_Jack_Hackett

14. tevezrightboot

I can't see Savic going anywhere especially when both Yaya, & Kolo Toure will both be absent come January, due to the African Cup of Nations taking place then. More likely that we will see Carlos go, whether that is as apart of a swap deal or a straight cash deal remains to be seen.

15. Father_Jack_Hackett

Roberto Mancini has admitted he could look to bolster his defensive strength in depth at Manchester City in the January window.

The City chief has been delighted with his first choice pairing of Jolean Lescott and skipper Vincent Kompany in the heart of defence this season as his side have only conceded 11 goals in 12 Premier League matches.

And, while their record in the Champions League is not quite as impressive with six goals going past keeper Joe Hart in five games, Mancini feels he has a solid set-up.

However, looking ahead to the New Year, Mancini is wary that he does not have many options beyond Lescott and Kompany, while Kolo and Yaya Toure will be on international duty at the African Nations Cup.

But any business he does get involved with could depend on him shipping any out of favour players, such as Wayne Bridge, out of the Etihad Stadium exit door.

"It depends what happens with the three or four players we have here but don't use," said Mancini ahead of City's trip to Liverpool on Sunday.

"If we can make a change with that, then maybe we can bring in some extra defenders. We'll have to wait and see.

"The other thing is that we lose Yaya and Kolo Toure to the African Nations Cup for one month - and this will be a problem."

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/534837261?-1808

16. What I hope you guys do in January is buy RvP off the Gooners and then let us have Adebayor for £10 million. That way, everyone's a winner*.

*Except the Gooners, probably.

17. Father_Jack_Hackett

Sounds like a good deal to me. <laugh>

18. tevezrightboot

Hoddle I don't think we will be buying anybody in the Jan. tansfer window. It is more likely that we will get rid of some of the fringe players, like W. Bridge, N. Onuha, etc. However if your willing to swap either G. Bale or L. Modric for Adebayor, then maybe adeal can be worked out. There is know way the club will let Ade go for less than £15m maybe even more. Anyhow, how can your club afford to pay Ade's wages when your not even paying 1/2 of them now.

19. Father_Jack_Hackett

Manchester City are preparing a £17 million bid for Barcelona's Adriano to assist the club's defence, which Roberto Mancini says needs improvement.

The club may have the best defensive record in the Barclays Premier League, but in the Champions League, with six goals conceded in five games, including two in a crucial defeat to Napoli, the club's European ambitions hang by a thread.

It may be too late to save their Champions League campaign, but to prevent those problems suffered in Europe, seeping into their league performances, City are looking to Adriano to add some steel to their back-four.

The Brazilian could fill in on either full-back position and lend some stability to a position which Mancini has tended to regularly alter.

City are set to do all they can to bring in Adriano to prevent them suffering more defensive lapses.

With a transfer window on the horizon, City have as ever been linked with some of the Europe's biggest stars, with Edinson Cavani the latest player to be linked with a more to the Etihad Stadium.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/535294418?-1808

20. tevezrightboot

The way the club is standing on the Carlos Tevez affair, and that they are not willing to let him go on loan to any clubwherever that club plays. Me personnaly I would let him go out on loan, but on this condition that whereever Carlos goses out on loan, that club has to take on all of his wages, as the club is not willing to contribute to any part of his wages while Carlos is out on loan.

Should RM consider what A.C. Milan's willingness to take Carlos on a loan deal from Jan, subject to a permanent deal at the end of the season. I somehow think that if the club excepts this deal, that when the season has ended that A.C. Milan will not be willing to make this deal a permanent 1 unless we drop the price to around the £20m mark.

As RM has stated he is not willing to consider any swap deals involving Carlos. I just wonder if the time is not right for RM to change his mind and considered a swap deal as a way of getting Carlos out of the club for good. The club as a whole have to consider whether this is the best way forward or not, as away of getting Carlos out of the club for good.