1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 22nd January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. Its Wednesday 22nd January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Leeds pursuit of Adams takes another twist

Leeds pursuit of Che Adams has taken yet another twist with Southampton laying out specific guidelines
    regarding an impending move to West Yorkshire for the former Birmingham City hitman.

The 23-year-old has scored 34 goals and provided 13 assists in 116 games for the Blues before signing for the South Coast club in a 15m deal last Summer.

Although Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has made his feelings clear that he doesn't want to lose Adams, it seems the Saints hierarchy now have a different agenda.

The news came from Phil Hay's social media account when he was replying to an anxious fan,

The former Chief football writer for the YEP went on to say that a loan fee of 1m with an obligation to buy him in the Summer for a fee in excess of 10m would secure Adams signature.

Meanwhile, bookies have made Leeds odds on favourites to land Watford striker Andre Gray. Currently the odds are at 1/4. It means that you would have to place four pounds to win a pound back, plus your stake money.

Lastlt, the Mirror are insisting that Leeds are after Boro front man Britt Assombalonga. The former Forest striker has scored 35 goals in 108 appearances for the Teeside Club.

please log in to view this image

Will stubbornness destroy Leeds chances of Promotion?

I'm sure we are all aware that Leeds set pieces need to be fine tuned, but just how bad are they?

Here are the stats?

Other stats that may surprise you!

Leeds have been awarded the most penalties in the Championshipship this season (6), but have one of the lowest conversion rates in the entire league (3 - 50%).

Leeds second top goal scorer this season has come from own goals (6).

Leeds have benefited more from own goals, than they have from set pieces this term (5)

Leeds have scored as many goals from counter attacks this season as they have from own goals (6)

Just under half the goals Leeds have conceded (10 goals from 21) have come from set pieces!

Whilst Bielsa, and his six coaches must be commended for the way they have transformed the way the team play, should we not find the above statistics unacceptable?

For a man that ultimately knows every inch of his players capabilities, why have the issues not been addressed.

Bielsa maintains "The aerial game depends on the quality of the skills that the players who head the ball have from one team and the other team".

Could it be that stubbornness, not a striker, will destroy our chances of promotion.

2. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Morning all..

Another day goes by and nothing on the marquee signing front happens.. We did sign yet another keeper though! Who in Leeds has this 'keeper habit' then?

Stubbornness may rightly end up been the culprit of failing to achieve promotion. I just hope that I can eat my words and be proven wrong. Those statistics are astounding, especially the corner stats.

If the bookies are saying that Gray are odds on to be signed, what about Adams? We cant possibly be signing both of them, let alone Assombalonga..?

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

let's be honest re corners... we're a team of dwarves. Bielsa picks ball players in all positions, they tend to be smaller... lack of height is a bi-product of how we play. You don't need to delve into it any further than that, other than to say we maybe should only ever do short corner routines!

ristac, Whitejock and Eireleeds1 like this.
  4. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning all
    I for one, will not forgive Bielsa & Radz (i have always been a staunch supporter of the pair of them) if we don't gain promotion, which has now been once again served on a plate, all the hard work has been done & if we fail due to just stubbornness & just being a tight wad then it would be time for them both to go, don't get me wrong, they have both done an incredible job turning things around and getting us this far, but at this moment in time, their stopping just short and tantalising close to the finish line.I know some of you have been saying their not to sure about the premier league & getting humped most weeks, but i for one want the chance to find out, i am sure with the help of a couple quality signings, these players could more than hold their own under Bielsa in the PL, and we could become once again a force to be reckoned with, eg look what happened at the emirates i for one couldn't tell which one was the PL club.

WE JUST NEED THAT LITTLE BIT EXTRA TO GET US OVER THE LINE,SO COME ON YOU TWO SORT IT OUT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TO LATE.

Farsleyexile and NostradEmus like this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Well that's a relief. Not one, not two but three strikers set to join. Who said we lack ambition <whistle>

6. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Don't forget that new goal keeper as well! <doh>

Farsleyexile and Eireleeds1 like this.
  7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

If Bielsa wants Adams, just go and get him. Phil Hay saying 1m loan fee and 10+ million permanent in the summer. Adams sounds like he wants away. Just get it done.

How do we finance it? If we go up we get over 100 million. That finances Costa and Adams. I have heard figures of nearly 2m from the Arsenal game in the cup. Use that money to finance the loan this year.

If we don't go up then Phillips will be sold. 40 million was quoted last summer. I reckon we would get 25 million at the very least which finances Costa and Adams. How do we finance the wages? Easy, if we go up we have loads of money. If we fail Bielsa and his backroom staff will leave anyway and their wages will finance it because we will probably have to try and get Heckingbottom back to manage us.

Radz had a 3 year plan. This is the 3rd year. If he is true to his word he will sell up in the summer if we fail to go up.

Let's just give Bielsa what he wants. Get it done and see if we can force it this season!

If I have missed something, I'm happy to backtrack.

8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

I thought it was a 5 year plan, silly me

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

According to Bielsa, height doesn't matter, its timing...

10. NostradEmus

It could be 5? Might just be wishful thinking. I thought it was 3 year plan to get up?

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning DJ (first again)!!!!!

Tell us a little bit about yourself pal?

We've just got to grips with spelling Nketiah's name correctly (apart from LL). God help us with Assombalonga

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I thought it was if you don't go up this season you're screwed plan.

southernwhite likes this.
  13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I thought it was if you don't go up this season you're screwed plan.

14. NostradEmus

Imagine the money made in club shop with people getting Assombalonga on the shirt. Just another money making ploy by Radz!

15. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a dull BardseWell we have signed yet another keeper
    Who else will be coming Asambalazie hope not Gray a good name to have for Leeds Adams has hardly set the heather on fire but is still young enough Poveda to sign today so we are hearing I think he will be good signing
    Ben Gibson was mentioned yesterday I think he would fit in well at Leeds
    Well we will know soon enough as there is only 9 days left

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Seriously, for someone of Bielsa's stature, to look at those stats, it sets the alarm bells ringing

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Maybe just the first three letters to save money

18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

It is five. Three to get up and two more to milk the cow dry <ok>

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike, I trust you and Moe are well.

Chris Wood has scored 9 in 21 appearances this term for Burnley. Would you say he is better than what we are chasing?

20. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Is that whats going on at Udders-field?

Farsleyexile and Eireleeds1 like this.