1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate Wednesday 14th July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 14, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 14th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Orta has flown to Sardinia to sign Nahitan Nandez

Victor Orta has flown to Sardinia to finally thrash out a deal to bring Nahitan Nandez to Elland Road. The news comes from several sources. Italian newspaper Centro Trentuno claim that a deal is close, whilst Cagliri's own news outlet La Nuova Sardegna (The New Sardinia) report that the 25yo is 'destined to join Leeds'.

Cagliari President Tommaso Giulini shares a close relationship with Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani, though when it comes to money friendship has been pushed to one side. Leeds want to pay 26m, whilst Giulini is insisting on 31m.

Nandez has now returned from International duty with Uruguay, and Leeds will be looking to strike whilst the iron is hot!

please log in to view this image

Leeds closing in on Norwegian shot stopper

Norwegian media outlet Nettavisen are reporting that Leeds are closing in on Norway U21 International keeper Kristoffer Klaesson. The 20yo is a product of five time league Champions Vålerenga. He joined their youth system as a 15yo, and has represented his Country at every stage since. He is also a part of the senior set up under national coach Ståle Solbakken.

The 20yo is highly regarded, and has the admiration of many European clubs. Klaeson has been a target for the Whites for some time, but have never made a formal approach. Now that Casilla has departed, albeit on a temporary basis, Victor Orta may well want to being Klaesson in, as understudy to Meslier?

Elche to continue ER shopping spree

Several news outlets are suggesting that La Liga new boys Elche are not finished shopping through the sales isle at Elland Road; and having already captured Casilla, they may be targeting as many as four Leeds players to bring back with them to Alicante.

Victor Orta is playing a big role in this. He and Elche’s Manager Fran Escribá have a close relationship. Orta was obviously instrumental in ensuring the Casilla loan deal went through.

Escriba is now targeting veteran midfielder Pablo Hernandez for a return to La Liga. The 36yo highlighted on the final day of the season, that even in the Autumn of his career he is still able to turn on the style and make a difference. Perhaps Bielsa should have given him more game time last season?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Whitejock and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all….

I said yesterday I don’t understand us signing a young inexperienced keeper as a number 2 if we’re continuing to pay Kikos wages but we’re loaning him out, we might as well have kept him.

Nandez I’ve watched YouTube clips, I’ve read up on him and I think oh well if Bielsa wants him get him in. I hope if we get him he makes us a better team.

Whitejock and Irishshako like this.
  3. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I would prefer to see an older keeper come in to work with Meslier and Caprile. Someone more reliable than Kiko of course

4. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Thing is Klaesson and Woodman 2 of the keepers we are supposedly chasing both are currently playing as number one's.
    Yes it's Leeds, but do they want to come sit on the bench when they are currently operating as Number one's ?
    Meslier will and should be our number 1 for many years to come and Keepers coming in seeing someone so young already established could be a big put off if they wanting to make a break through.

Whitejock, ristac and OLOF like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

The Nandez story has been buzzing around for 2 years ever since Bielsa tried to sign him whilst we were in the Championship. He apologised for not wanting to play at that level but said he would love to play for Bielsa soon…. Every window since Nandez is mentioned and this window Nandez has been in the news every day and way more than any other midfielder. On a personal level I would love us to sign him because he is star quality and in the De Paul class. He can also play RB and RWB as hes just done in Copa America, but normally he plays at 4, 8 or 10 you get an all action multi-role player almost swiss army knife player. However my view is it wont happen because they want too much money. Rodrigo De Paul was the same price and we refused to do the deal. Now maybe Caligari are skint and we can get him for less?

Had heard last week that Elche were looking to take some U23s on loan and hope that can be done

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Uruguay international Nahitan Nandez is a man in demand after another stellar season in the Serie A with Cagliari.

Leeds are one of the teams supposedly in for him at the moment, with reports from Italy saturated at the moment with links between the versatile midfielder and a move to Elland Road. Said links can be dated all the way back to leeds’ Championship days back in March 2019.

Meanwhile, more locally, we’ve seen little suggestion that he’s a player Leeds are signing, and more so, Leeds Live have reported that Orta does not have him on his shortlist.

However, the latest report comes from Centotrentuno who claim that Orta has flown to Italy to begin talks with Nandez and Cagliari after the player returned from Copa America.

The report, like many others, heavily leans on the fact that Andrea Radrizzani and Cagliari owner Tommaso Guilini are good friends, and could push a deal through the means of that relationship.
    I’m just not convinced the club are as bothered about Nandez as these reports continue to make out.

What I’m also sceptical about is the fact that Orta is actually flying out to meet Nandez’s representatives regarding a deal to sign him.

The focus currently is on replacing Kiko Casilla in goal and then adding a younger midfielder to the ranks, which Nandez doesn’t exactly fit the criteria of, being 25-years-old.

I’m not writing off the prospect of Leeds signing Nandez, but it just seems very unlikely, given the noises we’re hearing (or indeed not hearing) from English sources.

7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

David Harvey could be availible :grin:

hemase likes this.
  8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Andy Lonergan will be cheap.

hemase likes this.
  9. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Newcastle have reportedly stopped a loan move for Freddie Woodman going to Bournemouth amid rumours of a cash bid from Leeds.

The move looks likely to break down as Woodman wants guarantees on him being first choice.

Doesn't look likely to me. He won't be in front of Meslier.

Irishshako likes this.
  10. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I read the local rag around Newcastle mate he's been stopped from going as Number One Martin Dubravka may need an operation on a foot injury.

NostradEmus likes this.

11. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Boris Johnson has promised to ban people guilty of sending racist abuse to footballers from attending matches.

Well you had better be carefull.

12. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Day 3 of non stop racism in football. Prime Minister Questions today was all about how racist we are and Boris is because he refused to take the knee. Taking the knee has caused more problems in this country and FA and Southgate dont give a fk and the Labour Party loving it and if that makes them happy thats how bad it is

OLOF, Irishshako, NostradEmus and 3 others like this.
  14. Whitejock

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

16. ellandback

Forum Moderator

17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If the latest tranny stories are true?

leeds60 likes this.
  19. Whitejock

20. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.