1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 29th July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 29, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Wednesday 29th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Leeds lining up 15m to bring Foyth to ER

The Sun are reporting that Leeds are lining up a 15m offer to bring Spurs centre back Juan Foyth to Elland Road. The 22yo Argentinian was signed by the North London Club in the Summer of 2017 for a fee of 8m from South American outfit Estudiantes.

Foyth has fallen out of favour with new Tottenham Manager Jose Mourinho , having not featured for the first team since late December last year.

Foyth has made 32 appearances for Spurs in all competitions, netting once.

Boca Juniors are also interested in signing him, but he insisted last month that he did not want to return to Argentina.

please log in to view this image

Top football agent believes the future is bright for the Whites

Super agent Kia Joorabchian has been talking to TalkSport about Leeds Utd, and their return to the big time after 16 years of exile. The 49yo businessman believes the Whites future is bright under the leadership of Andrea Radrizzani and Marcelo Bielsa.

Joorabchian discussed the possibility of bringing Uragian International Edinson Cavani to West Yorkshire following his release from Paris Saint-Germain.

"In addition to his quality, Cavani could contribute with his physicality and adapt here, but I've never talked about him with the coach," "Having said that, we've certainly thought about him and we'll see, given he's still available on a free transfer."

“The Leeds owner has very good links in Italy and with a couple of the guys that work closely with Cavani, “ “If anyone was to pull something like that off, they could. “Bielsa is so highly regarded, he was one of the teachers of Tevez. For many, many years I followed him and Leeds fans have a lot to look forward to with those guys at the helm".

We are all aware of the tight bond Radrizzani and Nasser Al Khelaifi have. You have to wonder whether Leeds will benefit from their relationship now the Whites are back in the Premiership?

Leeds Utd's first ever Punjabi song hits the top 10

Leeds Utd have their fair share of talented musician fans such as James, Stereophonics, Kaiser Chiefs, Pigeon Detectives and the Manics (to name a few); but none of them have actually (co) written and released a single like this before!

Talented Bhangra musician Jinder Jade from Solihull, West Midlands has been a Leeds fan since the tender age of Nine, and still remembers watching his boyhood hero Gordon Strachan assist Wilko's team top the league over 30 years ago.

Whilst the UK was in lockdown, 40 yo Jinder, along with Punjabi lyricist Sukhchain Singh Gill, wrote the first ever Leeds United Punjabi song called 'Marching on Together Fans Gonde Boliyan' which translates to 'Marching on Together, The Fans Sing Songs.'

It is believed to be the clubs first ever Punjabi song!

The song has has received an incredible reaction with Leeds fans around the World since it was released into the charts just over a week ago upon promotion. The single has entered the World iTune Charts at number 10, and its climbing!!!

Jinder has been a singer for around 20 years and has performed concerts across the globe in a Bhangra duet with his wife Seetal.

The single can be downloaded for 79p at https://music.apple.com/gb/album/marching-on-together-fans-gonde-boliyan-single/1524871759

2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Dude, its Wednesday!

ellandback likes this.
  3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Is it Tuesday 29th July or Wednesday 29th July ? Asking for a friend.

4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Morning all.

£15m seems a lot tbh, probably not worth more that what they paid for him, he's prone to a few costly mistakes, loan with a view to buy would be the favoured option.

Well done to Jinder, us Midlands lads know how to rock it up.

5. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Morning,

Foyth is a signing I would've been excited about even getting on loan one or two years ago but now that my expectations are higher he seems like a step down from Ben White. Still, he's young, Argentinian and hopefully going to be working with Bielsa.

I think Cavani could still do a job in the Premier League for a season but his wages would seriously eat into our budget and he's not exactly a long term solution. We won't sign him anyway but it's nice to be linked with a genuinely world class player.

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  6. NostradEmus

So Foyth signs for 8 million. Is a flop. Then they want 15 million for him?

Feck that! Offer 5 million, remind them of the kids they pinched off us, how they raped us over the Rose deal and walk away! ****ers!

7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning all, would love to see some positive news regarding signings by the end of the week - please

Jinder ਸ਼ਾਨਦਾਰ <applause><applause><applause>

Jinder Jade likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Pochetino bought Foyth with a view to moulding him into a ball carrying CB. He was young and not in the first team and here to learn. When he was ready to play he was behind some Internationals so not a regular starter. Pochetino used him more but left and Jose wants his CBs to lump it not play out from the back. If Bielsa wants him then not really bothered what Wakey might think

Phil Hay has just said that Bielsa has given a list of names to Radz and wants the club to see what they can do. It was hinted that the positions he wants sorting had 4 names each starting with top world class down to under the radar prospect, and an emphasis on the final third of the pitch

Farsleyexile and Irishshako like this.
  9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

So Bielsa is definitely staying?

10. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I have to say, with the corona virus, prices have surely gone down - a lot!!!!!

To my way of thinking 5-7m would be fair.

We've paid over the top with Costa, though we weren't to know about the corona virus.

Does anyone think Costa is Premier League class?

If a club were to come along with 8 or 9m for Costa, would you accept it? We bought him for 15m

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I wonder what will happen with Bamford?

If we were offered 3m, would you accept it?

Irishshako likes this.
  13. NostradEmus

I have a soft spot for pacey wingers. Costa fits that bill! I thought he was getting better and better each week. He has adapted to Bielsaball. Wish he would add more goals to his game mind!

14. NostradEmus

As much as I don't rate Bamford, he has just led the line almost single handedly for a team who have walked the league.

His value at the moment will be overly high. I reckon if we offered him around we could easily recoup the 7 million we paid for him.

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Rod Wallace?

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Lets see what happens when the list reaches the bottom of the barrel.

17. NostradEmus

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

What a team of midfielders he played with...

Strachan, Speed, Batty and Macca.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

another way to look at it would be to value the players under Heckingbottom. Klich £1.5m, Dallas £700k then under Bielsa Klich £16m, Dallas £9m and Im being conservative there when you look at the price quoted for Eze etc. Bielsa has added value to every player I include Bamford

20. davy

davy Well-Known Member

You seriously need some Zante sunshine. <laugh>