1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 24th Apr)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Jammy:grin:

2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Is he back from Amsterdam last seen heading on to the ferry with his ball in hand.

Irishshako likes this.
  3. Irishshako

:emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0136-giggl He says high, or did he mean he was high:grin:

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. johhny757

johhny757 Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear about that Mike and I hope you get some speedy treatment and get on the mend.

Not really sure how I feel about Pontus to be honest. When you are used to sub-standard players for years and let's face it, we were a calamity at the back, when you get half decent players like Pontus and Cooper, it's hard to rate them or compare them like for like. For me, he is too theatrical and goes down too easily. I pull my hair out when he does it with 10-20 minutes to go especially if we are behind because it just kills the time and breaks up any momentum that we are trying to create. When he is on, he is on and can inspire the rest but needs to cut the crap out of his game. Real hard defenders from the past didn't play his games.

LeeUtd, ristac, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  5. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Ayling wasn't no where near the ball for both goals, didn't check the passer for 1 of the goals.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Couldn't be arsed to do the loan watch report this week due to a bad case of suicide watch thanks to the last 2 games. But a couple of snippets

Grot scored again

My contact at Bradford City says that the new manager thinks O'Connor is gold and wants him at the club next season. He blames 2 previous managers who refused to use the kid for causing the relegation. O'Connor is going nowhere except back to his own club, but if we get chance to keep him we will snap Leeds hand off.

Oh and for those sadfucks who are hoping to get Saiz back...... bielsa doesnt want him, getafe dont want him..... a few swinging dicks on social media think we would be promoted now with him in the side

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Nah saiz has got it but hes a lazy ****

8. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Paudie is class<ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Aren't all us Irish:grin:

davy and OLOF like this.
  10. Irishshako

Some of the **** that is said on social media is a joke.<ok>

ristac likes this.

11. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Nah sorry bud, not having that. It’s from their throw in. Jansson is marking maupay, then just steps forward for no reason and leaves him. So of course there’s a gap for him. It’s a good pass and angled away from cooper... the other cover is Dallas who has a man to mark.

You could nitpick that cooper should be closer to Jansson, but he’s covering Ayling. It would be irrelevant if Jansson hadn’t gone walk about for reasons best known to himself.

Actually Dallas could well have got to Maupay had Casilla not been in fcking no mans land again and given him a free early shot.

It was also Jansson’s half arsed challenge on Watkins that led to the second... though to be fair it was the first of several half arsed challenges for the second.

Hey, He made the team of the year. I like him but I do think Fans tend to overlook his deficiencies and are very quick to highlight cooper’s.

Pontus is a very capable footballer, but he’s a head case. When he’s on it he’s great, and most of the time he is on it. But when he’s not all that’s left is a fist punching, injury feigning, ball watching, liability.:biggrin:

Irishshako likes this.
  12. lifecheshirewhite

As Phillips wasn't playing I would say it was probably left to Jannson to get forward and help out/link up with midfield,it's how we play football and has been all season.They had one striker leaving 3 on him makes no sense and it's not how we've played any games,look at Wigan away,the famous 7 players chasing back,we had 1 defender back,the others were all forward,its how we and Sheffield united play and have done all season.

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Chesh. Firstly it was 3 v 2 not 3 v1. Secondly we weren’t in possession and he was clearly picking up maupay. You don’t just leave the opposition star striker and hope someone else picks him up. Not without a call. He just had a brain fart.

The commentators thought Jansson was at fault, the summarisers, did. Stevie Wonder Could see it.

14. lifecheshirewhite

Had another look and your right about 3/2 it's Cooper who should have moved across as he had no one on his side,we play a high line and push up which does leave a gap behind,Moupay and the pass to him was very quick and we got caught out,it happens sometimes,they just played quicker better ball than we did,as they have better attacking players IMO.

15. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

No.

16. Irishshako

We've gone from one keeper who wouldn't leave his line, to one that rarely stays on his line.:grin:

OLOF and Leedsoflondon like this.
  17. Irishshako

There's Irish in all of you Yanks...<laugh>

18. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Was in a castle in Limerick once, coach loads of em there, I said to my mrs, which one do you think had relatives here, hardly got the words out and one shours out," see that man there(painting) he was my great great great grand pappy, you could write the script. <laugh>

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  19. Irishshako

<laugh> Limerick aka as stab city...<yikes>

20. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

That's the one ...in before London.

Irishshako likes this.