1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wed 20th Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

On the Radz front he doesn't have the cash for a concerted attempt at promotion. He said he wanted us in the Prem in 3 years, this is in reality his 3rd year. We knew he was fooked off with how last season turned out and Heckingbottom not getting any traction. In effect we would have been better off staying with Thomas last year.

He threw all his eggs in one basket getting Bielsa and that has been an inspired choice, but if we fail through lack of cash not backing Bielsa, Radz forfeits another 3% of his shares to the 49ers. Yes he will get cash for those shares but it dilutes his value in the club again. He knows he won't have the cash to fund big spending in the Summer and that will mean no promotion again and that means more shares sold cheap to the 49ers that season. I guess he will sell this Summer to stop all that. Basically just cashing in his investment. Shame because I do feel he has been a force for good, but just doesn't have the muscle

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Always felt Rads was a stepping stone, one in the right direction to put back right the abuse suffered by Bates GFH and Cellino. Rads has come in and fixed us, now it’s time to sell us to someone willing and able to take us to the next level.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Imagine how you would be feeling if you invested £60m of your own money. Club now valued at £90m if ER included. A sale should bring in between £80/90m. So a nice earner you would say, but with promotion the club is worth double up to £200m. My arse cheeks would be twitching between now and May. We should also be worried because worse case scenarion we fail promotion, Bielsa leaves, all the hard work gets cancelled unless Corberan takes over, no investment so we go backwards....... back on the treadmill where the EFL want us

Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Shows why these last 14 games are more important to us than any other Championship club in the race. Boro wba and Norwich have all had extended periods in the plastic league while we were faffing about in Limbo. Sheffield are relatively newly promoted so can probably afford to wait another season or two. We cant. Failure would not only see Bielsa walk but some of our stalwarts like Jansson Clarke maybe Roofe sold and we could only replace with academy lads. Wherever we are next season, Id prefer if Rads not calling the shots as even in the Pl I suspect only a fraction of the extra 160m would be reinvested if hes in charge of the piggy bank

5. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

No ifs or butts about it,we simply must get promotion this season,a better opportunity will not arise for many a new season,worrying though to me is our striker situation,another injury does not bear thinking about,however where we are fortunate is we have one of the top four managers in English football in Bielsa,this alone might be enough to get us over the line,i really hope so as the alternative also does not bear thinking about.

6. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Agree. Don't think we will a better chance for some while if we don't do it this season. No ****ing about in the play-offs just get auto. Need a run like Bristol with no defeats for next 5 games They've done it and more so no reason for us not to even with injuries we've had. The players coming back really need to step up quick and get on with it.

7. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

What do we think if next season's gold crest? Much improved from the last design, but I've seen much better fan designs if I'm honest <ok>

Doc and Irishshako like this.
  8. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

It's ok Bucks, I'd have kept it white/yellow and blue. But at least it's simple and to the point.<ok>

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I'm a bit worried after looking at our remaining matches(something I swore I wouldn't do). The likes of Preston, Brentford, Bristol city Birmingham away won't be easy. The Blades, WBA even the wallies won't be easy at home. <yikes>

10. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

I think sheff utd have to play a few in the top 7 but if they drop points it just means somebody else will be breathing down our neck. As they say there are no easy games in this division.

Irishshako likes this.

11. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Direby 0 Nilwal 0 halftime. Flat lifeless game no atmosphere. Hoping the Bermondsey boys snatch a winner second half. On red button sky

wakeybreakyheart, davy and Irishshako like this.
  12. lifecheshirewhite

Painful to watch,fookin awful :frown:

13. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Yeah. Really strange game like there’s nothing to play for. Crap atmosphere too.

14. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Recording it...

Just cos I can and know how to.

Anyway, can you be the one to tell Eire his tickets are in the bin.

Now he tells me no wins in 5 years.

lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

Glory's records not much better.
    If your recording and watching the millwall game later <doh> you're one sadistic barsteward

Jammy 07 likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

I’m watching. My luck has to bloody change sometime but I was wondering why nobody buys me a ticket a second time

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Derby 0 - Millwall 1

Could this be the end for **** Pampard?

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  18. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

25 minutes of extra time though, don't forget the special rules for the special one

Whitejock likes this.
  19. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

You do know I'm recording it don't you ?

Whitejock likes this.
  20. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Yes, I do hope you aren't going to let anybody else see that recording :emoticon-0148-yes: