1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 17th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 17, 2022.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Sold to the highest bidder you know how that works do you not. Replace him with phillips as he will be a lot cheaper if we go down. Probably get him for 30 million.

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bairdy, Shez, Zico...

But what about Hernandez, Berra, Kissa, Beckford, Andrew Hughes and Becchio. Do they fall under cult heroes?

Irishshako likes this.
  3. wakeybreakyheart

Sadly as far as rodrigo goes best is to hope he tears his contract up and fecks off back to wherever. As jim royle might sat spanish international my arrrrse. Hopefully roberts gets fit and we can offload him and buy a new set of corner flags with the proceeds. Dan james is another we are stuck with. If anyone wants harrison then sell him. I got a good view of him sunday and his game is based on trying to beat everyone. He does not look around and his head is down when the ball is at his feet. Firpo we are stuck with too but he might be ok in the championship. Will we keep ayling just for back up?. The brighton goalie was far better than meslier and he kicked out of hand much further. So yes i would sell meslier. Bate is smaller than shakleton and just not up to it. I have no idea about greenwood but at least he can find a man. Dallas and summerville we won't do anything with till they are fit again. I can't see dallas playing for us ever again. Been needing a striker for years so do we cash in on bamford. Centre backs anyone i can't decide but if we go down surely Llorente will go for starters.

4. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Just watched the Under the Cosh podcast with Jimmy Glass, which was an interesting listen to.

However Youtube decided to recommend The Gillette Soccer Saturday footage, when Glass scored the winner for Carlisle at the end of the 98/99 season.

As I was watching, you could see other scores going by, and as it was the last game of the season, some interesting (to me at least) results jumped out.

Brentford won the Division 3 title, Brighton finished 17th in Division 3

Man City beat York 4-0 in Division 2, checked and City had to rely upon the play offs to get promoted, Fulham won Division 2 at which point Keegan left to become England manager.

Bradford were runners up in the Championship, which Sunderland won

We finished 4th (and qualified for the Uefa Cup) behind Scum, Arsenal and Chelsea with a 2-2 draw away at Coventry on last day of the season, with goals from Clyde Wijnhard and David Hopkin. West Ham finished 5th (with a -7 goal difference) 10 points behind us, we beat them at Elland Road 4-0 and away at Upton Park 5-1 (which was our biggest win of the season).

The battle for the Intertoto Cup qualification was between Liverpool in 5th, West Ham in 6th (on the same points but with a worse goal difference) and Villa in 7th, 2 points behind.

Liverpool lost away to Sheff Wed 1-0, which meant that they failed to qualify for the Intertoto Cup :emoticon-0102-bigsm, as West Ham won 4-0 at home to Middlesborough, and thus finished 3 points ahead of the scousers. Villa also won and thus leapfrogged Liverpool into 6th place, although Villa beat Arsenal 1-0, which meant that the Scum won the Premier League.

5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

You’re depressing me with the extent of the rebuild if we go down. The previous squad without Bielsa would never have been promoted. So now we have to trust good recruiting and that JM is the coach to take us forward / get us straight back up. Also wondering if the 49rs will complete their takeover if relegated? Life would be so much more peaceful if I just didn’t care.

blonogasoven likes this.
  6. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

To those slagging the players off we would probably have won on Sunday if Coops could duck quicker or Rodrigo didn’t need half an hour to get going.

Kalvin would then have been lauded as back to his imperious best as he played absolutely fine for someone returning from a long term injury and even though we didn’t win we still achieved a very creditable draw against a Brighton side who’ve received many many plaudits this season.

Maybe the bright side of life is just too damn positive for some posters on here <whistle>

Morning all by the way.

Doc, bucks_is_leeds, SIDDAS and 3 others like this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

Yes, it is, **** off with your positivity <laugh>

8. Jammy 07

Squad decimated by injuries and suspensions but we still gave Brighton a tough game and there’s no one anywhere saying we didn’t deserve a point.

The lads fought hard and right until the end in true Leeds ‘keep fighting’ tradition.

Not perfect but a massive point and a huge building block towards the final game of the season.

9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Probably<ok>

10. Leedsoflondon

Stop it. Leave me to my misery <cheers>

11. Leedsdude

Leedsdude Well-Known Member

I agree with Jammy, I thought KP played well on Sunday. Harrison seems to have replaced his left foot with a nine iron, everything he kicked went miles into the air. I can't fathom Rodrigo, he was dreadful in the first half but wasn't that bad in the second half. I thought Shaks did well when he came on and Klich was decent for the first time in ages.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

Rodrigo is so frustrating i well remember a cheer going up when he actually conpleted a pass and it was to one of us.

13. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The one thing that wound me up was the time wasting and feigning of injury. It took the ref late in the 2nd half to actually tell him to get up. <ok>

Jammy 07 and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  14. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

It’s afternoon by the way, just saying:angel:

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  15. Jammy 07

It's been the same every home game Shaks.

As soon as we get any momentum then one of the opposition players goes down holding his knee. It's always the knee by the way as the referee feels he has to stop play and let the physio on in case it's a cruciate or something. Never is of course and after barely being able to walk to the touchline they miraculously recover and are straight back on sprinting around 2 seconds after the restart. Plus they don't go down when we're in possession but wait unti they have the ball so they can hoof it straight out and delay the game for a least two minutes.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  16. Jammy 07

That was me <ok>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  17. Jammy 07

Wakey lent me his rod <laugh>

ellandback and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  18. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

There’s an answer to that!:emoticon-0137-clapp

19. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

There's much to think about. but ever so much more if we go down. Everything seems wrong at the moment even with the players we have. We can't defend. we have no midfield, and we struggle to score goals. things are wrong in all areas of the pitch it still baffles me now with the players we have in defence that they can't defend set pieces aerially I know it's a tough league, but we can't even do the basics we haven't for many a season. Another thing that worries me on both front's is can Marsch attract quality players if we stay up? He doesn't have that Bielsa factor where people want to come and play for him I know it's not all down to the coach but it's still a big factor.
    Another thing where do all these u23's players go now? if we go down a few may get a chance in the championship but if we stay up 75% of them will leave the club because they won't be sitting in the reserves again. 75%-80% are still not good enough to play Premier League football or ever will be.
    personally even if we stay up I can't see Raphinha,Llorente,Koch,Rodrigo,Klich here next season.
    Id personally would even sell everyone and start again if it was offered in exchange to stay in the prem nobody has deserved a starting place in our team if we stay up for next season that's how poor it's been.
    We have much to think about but the most important thing first we have to get behind every player for one more game there's so much at stake.

20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Whatever happens can we please not have a repeat of this season again next year. Not sure I’ve the stomach for it. Hope there’s been lessons learned by the people with the power at the club. Not sure the fans would tolerate two more inept transfer windows either. On a side note those of you living in the Leeds area don’t realise how lucky you are. I’d dearly love to be able to attend all home games