1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 15th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 15, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Tuesday 15th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Hay reacts to Radrazzini's interview

Phil Hay has reacted to Radrizzani's interview with Martin Ziegler of The Times. Whilst thousands of Leeds fans have taken to social media expecting an imminent take over, the ex Chief football writer for the Yorkshire Evening Post has reacted more cautiously when asked about a possible QSI investment/takeover!

please log in to view this image

Leeds have improved in every discipline but one compared to last season

Not only have Leeds been able to sustain their superiority they showed in the Championship last season, but they have actually improved in every discipline apart from finding the back of the net!

Whilst this is excellent news, especially having lost Jansson and Roofe in the Summer, what is the answer to their goal drought?

How much do Leeds miss Roofe?

If Roofe and Bamford could player together in the same team, why can't Bamford and Nketiah?

Is racism in football widespead, even in England?

I'm sure we also saw the disgusting scenes in Bulgaria last night, and the laughable way our governing body tried to deal with it.

Whilst I'm sure we all agree that what we saw last night was unacceptable, how can it be dealt with?

Has there always been racism in football?

Does it still go on at Elland Road?

Have you heard it?

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Morning Ell and all, sadly you will never get rid of the moronic element from any club that can't see past the colour of somebody's skin. Dimwits who generalise based colour will never change. Kick them out permanently is the only way. There is so much cctv around these days it should be easy enough to id them. There is no excuse for clubs or countries not to take action.

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Why just football clubs & countries? What about on here?

It happens. Will Mods ever act on it or continue to cast a blind eye?

Controversial, eh?

4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Problem is there are too many people sat in ivory towers who don't want to rock the boat, or should I say tower.
    The interview with Greg Clarke after the match last night left me speechless. The authorities could do something about racism if they wanted to but so far only pay lip service to the problem.

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  5. lifecheshirewhite

Morning all, No I don't think racism is widespread in English football, you will always get the odd one or two but it's not accepted by the fans in general.English fans were singing (Sterling, he's one of our own) last night, 99% won't have been Man City fans, and probably don't like him as a city player,but showed their support for him instead of keeping quiet.
    Sent a clear message from fans imo.

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

When 'lads' get together, get beered up, their banter could be misinterpreted as racism perhaps some of the time not that I'm making excuses

OLOF likes this.
  7. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Just trying to generate traffic <laugh>

ellandback likes this.
  8. lifecheshirewhite

The difference last night and English football, was that was organised to be racist, now it's happened their last 3 home games, should have been cameras set up and police snatch squads to arrest them doing it, and prison sentences for them caught, it wouldn't stop there being racists, but it would remove it from football

JonnyLosAngeles and 2 pennth like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Did Ron Atkinson deserve to be sacked by ITV and never get back on our telly screens

He was a manager who was deffo not a racist and indeed brought together the "3 Degrees" who were the breakthrough black players. Cyril Regis and Black Pearl Cunningham idolised Atkinson

his career trashed along with his reputation because something he grew up with which was the norm came out on air. My own view is that Atkinson was hung out to dry by his employers, the media and football. Except for the black players who knew him

OLOF and Whitejock like this.
  10. lifecheshirewhite

No offence Doc, but I don't think Ron Atkinson was a racist, but that was no mistake or slip of the tongue last night, it was just racism

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

i hope at some stage soon you and I can meet up for a beer and have some cracque, but I will probably still call you a crazy jock bastard at some stage. Racist? Me?you could also be a ginger and I would add ginger to the bantz. You would know by the way I say it or my facial expression that this was bantz. I would also know fairly fast if you were capable of having bantz on the subject. If I felt you wouldn't like it I wouldn't do it, which would mean I hid it, but am I a racist

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

People don't call me the seeker of truth and justice for nothing!

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

you miss my point mate. Last night was sicko and their manager should be kicked out of the sport too. I was responding to WJ intimating that some of us on here are racist too

14. lifecheshirewhite

Ow right sorry m8, your 100% right on that m8, people can't be forced to like other people,can't be forced not to be racist, they can be stopped from expressing that racism, like last night, I don't really have a problem with people being racist, as Skako will tell you, people hate black, white, Jews, Irish, Scots, English, fat, thin whatever,just the expressing of that hate that's wrong imo.

15. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Feck off Jocko<whistle>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

<applause><applause><applause>

17. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Jeez the soft bellied snowflakes are out in force. I'm sure the few on here I have met can imagine the names I have been called in my life. So what it's a name get over it. :headbang:

OLOF, wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.
  18. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

The lefties are taking over the asylum...<yikes>

OLOF, wakeybreakyheart and xbpod like this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, Doc, you were never on my mind when I posted #3. Nor were most of our posters. We all let slip un- pc stuff at times, and banter often gets close to the bone. It happens. I'm no exception either. No, it's the more relentless, brown shirt-type I'm thinking of.

I'll say no more on the matter, just thought I'd highlight the hypocrisy of condemning a few Bulgarian extremists when we have a good fit for them on here with the same views. And makes it crystal clear, intentional or otherwise, in a relentless fashion.

Do I think a match should be stopped because of racism? Absolutely not - for then the haters have a victory. Does anyone really think they care about football?

And for further clarity, and I've said it before on here, racism is only one category of hate crime. It's been given too much focus by activists. There are plenty of other categories of hate crime that should be treated in the same way. No special cases, imo.

xbpod likes this.
  20. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Agreed WJ way too much focus on the activists, when I was young, in the area I grew up in, it was racist to call someone black, you had to say coloured. Now it is racist to say a coloured woman but OK to say a woman of colour????

I am not short, I am a man of shortness :D

davy, OLOF, Irishshako and 1 other person like this.