1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 10th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 10, 2022.

1. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

We'll be there again mate, in a couple of seasons, watching Roberts balloon it into row z against Wycombe, after thinking, if only we hadn't sold Gelhardt to PL Forest, he'd have buried that, obviously after Kinnear as sent out his grovelling 'we need you there' email

NostradEmus and xbpod like this.
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Get back to the good old days of paying on the gate :emoticon-0131-angel

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  3. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

I think I’ll know if we are going down by tonight

4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Be sure to let us know 20/20.

Whatever happens tonight there'll still be 6 points up for grabs and remember Burnley don't have it easy either. Villa were very good last night, Newcastle seem to still seem to have fire in their bellies and that just leaves the ever unreliable Tottenham.

Nobody knows how many points will be needed for survival. Plenty of teams get out of jail when all has seemed lost, we simply must keep the faith until mathmatically it's done.

leeds down south and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  5. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Yeah but I’m a depressive

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I also Twittered them. The auto response was saying we'll try to get back to you in 4 to 7 days. I tried to log into the new system but error kept comimg up. So I pressed forgot password and reset it up and it works for now, but it's still only giving me the 2nd and third options. My young lad is ringing them.<ok>

7. Irishshako

Spot on xbpod, but I'm a stubborn twat.<ok>

xbpod likes this.
  8. Irishshako

<laugh> great times oldschool.<party>

oldschool likes this.
  9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

My mate qualifies for the priorty membership,like Shaks with ease, his son is 13,he's had a membership for 7 years, so doesn't qualify. He has been told that if they want to sit together then he won't be able to use his priority as his 13 yr old son doesn't qualify, you couldn't make these things up.

10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I've read what's happened to you as also happened to others mate

11. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

**** sake, that's me knackered then. My son's only had his membership for three seasons.

Irishshako likes this.
  12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I would think if the club have any sense they'll find away around this, as it must be a fairly common problem, can understand they don't want all and sundry as friends and family on someone's account but young kids that go with a parent, surely something needs to be done, but then again I wouldn't hold my breath, they've never used much common sense before.

OLOF likes this.
  13. Jammy 07

It seems that only a small allocation of tickets will be reserved for Priority Members and then the remaining tickets will go on sale to both Priority & MyLeeds members.

Nothing is ever perfect and the club are trying to allow more fans the opportunity to attend home matches whilst at the same time rewarding long standing members of 10+ years.

Common sense however (given age) should have made the qualifying period for children 5 years or less if with a qualifying parent.

14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Common sense seems in short supply at ER mate

15. Jammy 07

What scheme would have been better ?

Personally I'd have preferred all tickets in the online ballot, allocated randomly and every fan can buy that level of membership. However that would mean ro reward for loyal fans from whilst we were in the doldrums (maybe soon to return).

My heart sinks a little when I hear the words 'first come first served' as that just means zero chance to supporters like yourself who have painstakingly tried all season using that system without any success.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  16. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

I was going to say that the club screwed up when they sold a seemingly unlimited number of memberships in recent years. But on the other hand it would be crazy to block potential new fans when they are obviously looking to grow the fan base. That's what comes with success I guess, but it only works when you've got enough seats in the stadium to keep the fans (old and new) happy. Not sure what the answer is to be honest.

Jammy 07 likes this.
  17. Irishshako

Latest update. I hate using the phone as I like to be face to face. Anyway I rang the club, a lovely girl sorted the link out with the digital staff and I got the right membership. On their system I had received the emails, but they weren't getting through for some reason. Anyway sorted. <ok> My other lads have to go through the same ****e though.:)

xbpod, leeds down south and Gessa like this.
  18. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Firstly we were led to believe that as there were problems at the end of the championship season with fans not getting tickets, renewals would be the only memberships available, so I would have stuck to that, broken promise not open it up to all and sundry, taking the membership from a closed 40,000 to neigh on 50,000. Then I would have a system in place that would allow each member a chance to purchase a ticket for 3 games, or if that was too difficult for them, when we got to January, I would have said the next 4 home games will give 24 hrs priority to members who have been unable to get a ticket, obviously that means only the guarantee of 1 game not 3 but better than non.
    Under the Ridsdale years we had the same problems, I had a season ticket for a number of years prior and after, so it never affected me but I know fans who stopped going never to return, they follow but no longer support, in times like this the club doesn't give a ****, but during most of the noughties, they would have liked to see those fans back, just a bit of loyalty goes a long way. I don't know for certain but was told this morning our memberships are the second most expensive in the PL, double the cost of teams like Villa, Wolves, Palace and a few others.
    And what about the 20.000 who've paid their tenner to be on a waiting list for a season ticket only to told, there is going to be no more ST's made available, even though approx 800 people have'nt renewed. Obvious really, we're easily selling out, so at approx £10 per game more per ticket as a matchday price to the cost of a ST, it's short term revenue they're after.

Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  19. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Glad you are sorted mate.<ok>

Irishshako likes this.
  20. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Never Shaks :emoticon-0148-yes:

Irishshako likes this.