1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 4th Dec)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Right I was working my way through the posts, I never realised there was going to be a heap of drama following the thread I’d reached when I replied to Cheesh.

First people posting less, Glory probably made in the region of 100 posts a day, Millwall lads replying to the banter another 100 and then regulars here also replying to it all let’s say another 100 between them. Yes the forum is probably 400 daily posts down.

I’m not entirely sure what is up with Marcos, I could see he was getting a little upset recently but I assumed I’d missed some drama. I need to read his post over a few times as I’m a bit confused by it all.

ellandback likes this.
  2. davy

davy Well-Known Member

I posted this in October, the day before Eire jacked it in, coincidentally, and liked by Marcos at the time:

"a short-sighted and limited vision, and now reflected in the monotony of the input day to day, and the regular absence of many of the more entertaining posters.

No diversity, no stimulation, no humour."

Even less diversity now then.

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

As an aside jammy, a forum that used to be my regular haunt had a character not unlike LL... in his stubborn refusal to consider an opposing view no matter what evidence was put before him.

Everyone got tired of the place going down the pan and eventually he was pretty much the only poster left. I check the board from time to time and the guy is regularly having conversations with himself!

The big question remains... will last man standing here, arguing with himself, be me or LL<laugh>

Whitejock and Jammy 07 like this.
  4. milkyboy

Still stimulation and humour though Davy. There were two nuns in a bath....

5. milkyboy

Thank fcuk for that. I’ve been dying to call you a Cnut for ages but was worried about the sensitive streak you’ve been putting on recently.

6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

I was only joking when I said he looked like Howard Marks, the ****ing pussy

ristac likes this.
  7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

You'll have to work on that sense of humour if you want to be taken seriously...either that or prove you can drink like a fish which is probably the easier option.

Well it's the road more travelled on here anyway.

8. milkyboy

Work on a sense of humour to be taken seriously?

Jammy 07 likes this.
  9. milkyboy

They laughed when I said I wanted to be a comedian. They’re not laughing now.

RIP Bob Monkhouse

FORZA LEEDS, Whitejock and Jammy 07 like this.
  10. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Seems like that snowflakery disease is spreading, man up you ****ing wimps

Oldsparkey and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Good to see you're up to speed...

Unfortunately you've now raised expectations and so your usual dross just won't cut it anymore.

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shame really as there is so much to be happy about as a Leeds supporter at the moment, you’d think everyone would be on cloud nine.

Imagine this place when we’re in the PL next year and we have opposing Chelsea and Manchester supporters in here on the wind up, place will be buzzing with abuse and tempers ;)

bucks_is_leeds, FORZA LEEDS and OLOF like this.
  13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Exactly mate, seems like we've been depressed for so long that some of the lads can't get out of it, we're on our way back to the Prem you ****s and our current success this season has got rid of the knuckledraggers from Bermondsey from our board <whistle>whats not to be happy about?
    I miss Alf though, didn't realise he was a snowflake as well:grin:

14. milkyboy

you can be so cutting and hurtful jammy

15. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Don't let the brute hound you away Milky<ok>

16. milkyboy

Alf was always the sensitive type Olof. Maybe the casual racism offended him?

OLOF likes this.
  17. milkyboy

I was drafting my letter of resignation to the board when I saw your kind words Olof. Maybe i’ll Sleep on it.

OLOF and ristac like this.
  18. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Vey sensitive is Alf mate, loves his fellow man, not in a gay way though<yikes>
    I'm here for you bud,<hug> we'll two one the bastard at the next meet up if he gives you any more grief:emoticon-0105-wink:

19. milkyboy

Thanks bud. The tears would be welling up at your show of support... were I the type to have tears welling up

OLOF likes this.
  20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If you look in Marcos...

I’m honestly not sure what has offended you over a post Elland never liked, I remember making the comment as a joke but I don’t remember what post it was. I’ve said quite recently, if I like a post it doesn’t always mean I 100% agree with it, maybe it made me question myself or maybe I liked the effort someone put in with some research, maybe it just made me smile.

I’m taking an educated guess on your reshape comment... I was asked to become a mod of this board, what does that mean? Sit back and do nothing or actively look for new members and ways to improve it? I contacted a few Leeds supporters via Facebook and I’m glad Heidi took up the offer to join us. I’ve left adverts for this place here and there so hopefully we’ll attract a few more.

I contacted a few members asking them if they’d like a regular slot, Jammy was asked if he’d like to do match reports, he politely declined, I asked WJ the same but he politely declined as he was going to be absent on a few jolly’s. I asked Doc if he’d like to do a rival watch he said yes and I think he’s done a great job.

Doc hasn’t been setup for anything, he did the other stuff off his own back and I fail to see why you’re knocking him over it, I personally think it’s a valuable addition that anyone can read, join in, or avoid if they desire. I or we never asked Doc to do a loan watch or rumours and if you don’t like it don’t visit the thread, it’s all kept in one place.

Really nothing has been staged, I’ve actively been looking for ways to keep those who prefer on topic happy and ways to keep those who prefer the banter equally as happy.

bucks_is_leeds, OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.