1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 19 June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 19, 2018.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

It’s hard to say... people had no expectation of him... he came in and exceeded expectations... and people were willing him to succeed - so there may be an element of academy/underdog rose tinted spectacles to some of the praise he got. BUT in a fair few of those games he was the best player on the pitch, he got rave reviews not just from Leeds fans but from opposition fans, managers, sky pundits. Personally I thought he looked like a boy playing well in his first few games. By the last few, games he was controlling his area, balling out Saiz. Looked like he’d grown into it and had all the attributes. I like to see sportspeople take their chance. Think he has the cojones.

Not saying he’ll keep that up that form but did enough to earn the shirt for me. If we can entice a top keeper and let them fight it out, fairly, all well and good

Farsleyexile, ristac and OLOF like this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I really don't know what's best for the goalkeeping situation & rely entirely on Bielsa to sort it out.

Yes, BPF did ok when he took his chance, but what type of matches did he play in? I missed a load at the end of the season, and am guessing that BPF was fairly busy. Good guess? I mention this because I remember the old Partick Thistle legend Alan Rough. His manager genuinely believed he was worth 30 points a season to the Jags, & I couldn't disagree as we were regularly dreadful & occasionally hit the heights of just being rubbish. But ..... when he played for Scotland, he was awful! Still the best man for the job, but awful. Reason? He had a great defence in front of him & mostly had bugger all to do. He couldn't maintain concentration during the long quiet spells. The number of times the opposition scored because he'd gone to sleep through boredom was unbelievable. And that's my concern about BPF. He has very limited experience & we've not seen him in many different scenarios. He could be brilliant for us, or he could get found out. We just don't know at this stage.
    As for any other incoming 'keeper, I'd prefer them to be bought in, or on loan with a buy option. Reason? I'd like to think we're building for the future. Just to be clear - building OUR team - not developing another team's players. It's fine if you're treading water, or doing a slow build, but all the indications are that we're going to go for it this season. So what's the point of getting promoted if the spine disappears overnight? OK, apart from money & kudos, that is. :):

3. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Isn't that what TC does. He's pretty good at it.

4. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

All indicators?
    Please discuss... actual examples rather than internet rumours would help..

Unless I missed something as it currently stands the only thing we are going for is maximum publicity to drive season ticket sales AGAIN.

5. lifecheshirewhite

Yes as usual you missed everything,the managers not here yet,when he comes,he will get players.

6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

One thing is for certain, whether it is BPF as no. 1 or not we need another keeper because we can’t rely on Lonergan as back up if he gets injured.

Whitejock likes this.
  7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Have you replied to the wrong post again? If not, I'm baffled. I only asked questions in the post - no rumours. Or indicators?

Or is it just that I'm in holiday mood here in Macedonia?

8. Chippy / Glory

No I replied to the right post but don’t share your apparent opinion of signs we are going for it.
    I was hoping I had missed news of some decent signings...

Whitejock likes this.
  9. lifecheshirewhite

If we had signed players without the new manager even being in England the resident nutters would be saying Celino has signed them,like he usually does.:grin:

Whitejock likes this.
  10. Chippy / Glory

The substantive point being that until signings are made we remain relegation fodder.
    Sick of pr and waiting for action..

11. lifecheshirewhite

so we should just wast money signing players who the manager may not wan't and maybe fook the season up because you don't want to wait a week or 2

Whitejock likes this.
  12. Chippy / Glory

Do you read English or just major in spouting bollix?
    All I said is nobody can say anything yet about us giving it a real go.....
    Have you learned nothing from all the falling for hope and hype in the last decade.

13. lifecheshirewhite

We have got one of the worlds best managers,who wouldn't have come without up being prepared to give it a real go.Instead of slagging every positive thing the club does,how about waiting and seeing.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. Chippy / Glory

I haven’t slagged anything, although your assessment of the coaches capability is subjective at best.
    He is a gamble....

Whitejock likes this.
  15. lifecheshirewhite

Tell me any manager who isn't a gamble.Unless you have £500 million to spend,in which case I wouldn't be a gamble.When some of the worlds best managers say he's the best,I'm inclined to listen.

Whitejock and OLOF like this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

So he is a gamble.... thanks for confirming gwr

17. lifecheshirewhite

You should go on a quiz show,special subject (stateing the fookin obvious)every managers a gamble.we are going with the even money gamble,instead of the 10/1 gamble we usually go with.
    You want the impossible that no one can give,maybe you need to stick with Harrogate.

18. Chippy / Glory

Put the shovel down. Walk away from the hole...
    Let’s never mention your idiocy again....

19. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Completely agree with this. If Vydra or Hernandez holds up the shirt for the OS I'll believe we are giving it a go. If it's Jerry whatshisface, I'll be less convinced :emoticon-0129-call:

Whitejock likes this.
  20. Chippy / Glory

Chesh, chesh ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^