1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 11th Dec)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I didn't realise that. Seems silly if it's an accurate description of the cnut in question! :D

2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Why do you abuse players WJ ?

And is it indiscriminate like the player happens to be close enough to hear so you'll call him a w***er etc or do you abuse only based on their ability as you've alluded to above ?

It's an interesting topic...personally I would never shout something abusive directly at a player just because he plays for the opposition but chanting "f**k Garry Monk" along with 30K others was enjoyable I have to admit.

Whitejock likes this.
  3. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all . We have a good young goalkeeper who is learning his trade he is not perfect but NO goalkeeper is. I have no doubt he will improve with experience. Any goalie signed will still make mistakes.

OLOF, 2 pennth and Whitejock like this.
  4. Whitejock

Why do I abuse players? How long have you got? :D

Lots of reasons. Cheating is right up there. Violence against our players. Referees, just for being referees, ergo biased against Leeds. Actually, that's about it. I've surprised myself. :) Just being good doesn't seem to make my list these days, on reflection. And btw, it's got nothing to do with the recipient being within earshot - how many actually hear any individual shouts in a 30k crowd? I wouldn't expect them to.

Oddly enough, I never abuse at an u23 or u18 game, whether it's deserved or not. Possibly it's due to the close proximity, and one possible outcome being the player reacting to my abuse & smashing my face in. :) But it's actually more noble than that. I realise that the wrong thing shouted at the wrong time might have long-lasting consequences. It just so happens that these youngsters are still learning & everything is in earnest - so no showboating, gimmickry, or cheating, just honest football, and that alone is reason enough not to abuse.

Did I pass my test, oh master? :)

OLOF, Irishshako and Jammy 07 like this.
  5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Don't like sterling and never will, I put him in the same category as that other ----------------------------- John Barnes.
    I reserve the right to have my likes and dislikes and it is not racist. There are plenty of white folk I have a dislike of just to even things up.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I would not abuse any players unless I found them to be cheating. One player I would never abuse is Alan Smith unlike many Leeds fans although Harry Kewill gets both barells from me.

Hurling abuse at Kewill would be straightforward, but I can see how some people could slip up if the player in question was black, because the chances are that unthinkingley the word black could get used. Yes its wrong but it happens without conciously thinking about it. Just the same if the player was ginger he would be a ginger cnut. Ron Atkinson racist? Not for me when he was the first manager to build a winning team around key black players. Discuss

7. Jammy 07

Funnily enough at junior level I find it virtually impossible to keep my trap shut...not in any abusive way I might add but coaching and cajoling when the guidelines clearly state to keep your input to applause and well done's only.

Just can't help myself so it's constant shouts of "come wide use the space" or "tuck in now we don't have the ball" poor kids must hate playing in the wide positions when I'm on the touchline. Once managed to keep quiet for a whole season but I'm afraid I've reverted back to type and must do better.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Thing is, was it even really a democratic right? Referenda are a contentious tool in British politics, aren’t really constitutional and are only ever employed by political parties for political gain. We have representatives not delegates for a reason... don’t ever let the British public decide on matters of real importance. Even more so, if they don’t really understand the choice they were making, or the implications of it.

Considering the sole purpose of the referendum was to get rid of UKIP as a threat to the Tory vote, it soon became pretty clear that the people responsible for organising the vote didn’t have a fcking clue what it really meant. The leaders of the leave campaign were a bunch of chancers jumping on a bandwagon for personal gain who shat themselves when they won as they hadn’t expected it, planned for it... or arguably even wanted it.

If you can look at it objectively, and ignore the painful repercussions for those effected by whatever half arsed end game we get from this, it’s beyond hysterical.

And we laughed at the Americans for electing trump. Quite rightly, but hardly from a position of moral high ground.

davy and Jammy 07 like this.
  9. lifecheshirewhite

Maybe Sterling just has a chip on his shoulder,one player who probably got more abuse than anyone (Robbie Savage) just laughed about it,and took it as a complement,Leeds fans gave him heaps,but he never has a bad word to say about us.

10. Jammy 07

Oh you are so right there Milky boy.

No political historian but am I right in thinking it's the first time that a referendum in the UK hasn't delivered the desired political result ?

Wonder if the EU will sue us for their costs when Article 50 is revoked ?

11. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

His own team, wet spam have a foreign coach. Fat numpty just trying to get headlines and succeeding.

12. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The thing with the Sterling abuse is that the word black was used to define his race in the insult and so that is deemed racist, I would disagree as throughout a game people are abused for their standout appearance or nationality (for example, big nose, big eared, bald, fat, ginger, scouse, cockney, scots, irish, welsh etc) these added words are to leave the person the abuse is aimed at in no doubt it is them they are getting at.
    Most clubs have their 'pantomime villian' who attracts abuse from opposing fans and Sterling is one of them, had I been in the crowd with them Chelsea fans my abuse would had been 'Greedy ****' so maybe I would had been guilty of 'Greedism' and would now would face being exposed in the media and possibly losing my job because of a spur of the moment comment, not forgetting a lifetime ban from my favorite pastime .

OLOF likes this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was a time when the only black bastards you saw down here was when they came up from the pitface. My wife came from Wyndham in the Ogmore Valley and was used to it saying they weren't bastards at all really, but I was from the soft underbelly that is the Vale of Glamorgan and was not - they frightened me.

The only living things with black faces around me were the sheep and they were regularly abused without fear of retribution or political correctness. Wasn't an offence back then but is now frowned upon by the Animal Rights Society if you're bit rough with them. They do regular check ups and the problem is it's now been driven underground - I just new those disused pits would come in handy.

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  14. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

In my view that is perfectly correct. It is only retards that have to refer to the colour of the persons skin.

15. Whitejock

<yikes><yikes><yikes><yikes><yikes> They can ban you from ****ing???? <yikes><yikes><yikes><yikes><yikes>

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I shouted a few things at that twat mclean<grr>

leeds60 and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Graham Kavanagh used to get abuse when playing for Cardiff against us and when he took the corners he got coins thrown at him. All he did was give a thumbs up and put the money in his sock.<ok>

southernwhite likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like our U23s are clear at the top now after battering Burnley 3-5 and giving Tom Heaton a bad back picking the ball out of his net. Brown and Bamford both doing the full 90 minutes 2 goals for Bamford and 1 for Brown, Baker and Clarke

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

UPDATE

Bamford hatrick on 90 minutes 3-6 to Leeds. Burnley were joint top with us....

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Phil Hay says Westwood isnt going to happen and never was looked at