1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 29th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 29, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Thursday 29th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road.

Elland is in bed ill. Been up all night. Could someone do the BD today pls

Whitejock likes this.
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

get well soon Elland <ok>

Morning folks...

Leicester City are in action in Greece tonight in the Europa league, a shame our fixture has been switched to Monday night as it would surely have affected them for Saturday.

Phillips has been speaking on podcast, he tore some shoulder ligaments, he is hoping to be available for selection against Arsenal. Whoever gets to take his place against Leicester has another great chance of forcing Bielsa into delaying his return.

If Cooper is fit who would you have to replace Phillips, Struijk or Shackleton?

Remember the failed medical of Michael Cuisance? He flopped against City yesterday scoring 3/10 and many fans saying Leeds dodged a bullet signing him. I think it’s fair to say had we signed him he’d still not have started a game yet under Bielsa.

November - Leicester, Palace, Arsenal, Everton. If you were offered 6 points now would you take them? Me personally no but I have to admit 7 would swing it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All

I hope the hangover get's better soon Ell

4. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Are you liam Cooper Ell?

Hope everything is ok pal

5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> Sympathetic as always Olof:grin: Get better soon Elland.....................................you big Southern softie.:emoticon-0105-wink:

6. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Morning all,

get well soon pal.

Unless he’s needed urgently at CB I only see Struijk replacing Phillips. Shackleton really deserves more game time, unfortunately for him he’s got the ever-present Klich to compete with. I wouldn’t mind seeing Shacks starting at DM but it does give us less height at the back.

7. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I think when the new signings settle in they will turn an already decent squad into a team that can compete with any in the Premiership. The young players are beginning to come through which gives great promise for the future. Exciting times ahead lets hope covid doesn't spoil it. Get well soon Ell.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Period pains are hell <laugh>

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Cuisance obviously not fully match fit yet and had nothing to do with the medical failure. That medical only highlighted a potential problem later not an immediate injury. He was a sub for his club and not really had many minutes since lockdown, so I can forgive him a bit. However he looked flat, not interested and way off the pace and was lucky not to be subbed earlier. Maybe Bielsa discovered an attitude problem and why we didnt buy him?

Leicester will be a big test because they have a very good coach and a very good squad of quality players who go under the radar if you forget Vardy. They have a great scouting system and pick of very cost effective players who end up going ton to top clubs. If we get anything from this I will be chuffed as I see this match as more important than Chelsea or Arsenal

ristac likes this.
  10. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Morning all

Get well soon Ell

ristac likes this.

11. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Closer to Forshaw Id say <whistle>

12. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Leicester are more capable than Wolves at picking us off on the break. They have moved to a more posession based game over the last couple of years though so hope they try and play keep ball as that usually plays in to our hands.

Tough game. A point would be a decent result.

13. lifecheshirewhite

Yes I would take 6 now, don't believe we will be in a relegation fight, but I still want the points now.
    Hope you're better soon Elland.

ristac and Eric Le Merde like this.
  14. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Leicester Everton draws, win the other 2, 8 points will do nicely.

Get well soon Ell

southernwhite, ristac and Irishshako like this.
  15. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Get well Ell :emoticon-0148-yes:

ristac and Irishshako like this.
  16. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Get well soon Matt

ristac and Irishshako like this.
  17. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Burnley have been bought by a man who has had his ban lifted from being a football club owner. Bates apparently was never bad enough to be banned so Christ knows what this bloke did.

OLOF, Whitejock, ristac and 1 other person like this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Farnell the lawyer is a strange one as he has been buzzing about football for a while with links into tryingbto do a deal for Wigan, for Bury and was actually a director at Charlton last season before a huge fall out with a crazy ownerthat crazy owner fell out with Lee Boyer causing him to rethink the job. The crazy owner wrestled full ownership of the club as Farnell tried to get rid of him. Farnell was then banned from being a Director in football but overturned due to that crazy owner. So Farnell is cleared but not sure about the Egyptian who seems to be a front for a money laundering operation at worst or could turn out to be a great move? My own view is it looks more like a Bates and GFH buyout. Looks like Burnley relegation fodder unless Dyche given big money in January

19. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Even though Dyche has been quite successful with limited resources at Burnley, if they were in the bottom three come January I can see the new owner wanting his own man before (and if) he spends big rather than after.

Irishshako likes this.
  20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Decent shout and I can even see Dyche walking if no funds available as he almost walked when last season resumed because they got rid of all the loan players and those out of contract. I know for a fact that Dyche was fuming and upset about all the hard work he had done to keep them in the Prem for them to kick him in the knacks