1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 16th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 16, 2024.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Pablo was a great player. I'd still pay to watch him now.

Eireleeds1 and Makemstine Roger like this.
  2. LeedsRover1

LeedsRover1 Well-Known Member

Really glad Georgie upped his game, after reading my post that he should be benched.:emoticon-0105-wink::1980_boogie_down::emoticon-0140-rofl:

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Thanks for that, Aski. The figures are fairly close for me, especially given that Rutter has played as a 9 and as a 10. I'm wondering how their playing minutes compare, but keep that for another day.

:D

4. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

lol that's not even 1 minutes worth of Googling WJ

Rutter this season has played 3,736 minutes, equivalent to 41.5 games

Pablo in the 2018/19 season, which is the season I used his stats for comparison, played 3,330 minutes, or 37 games

Whitejock likes this.
  5. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I'd agree that the stats are quite similar. Pablo's game was built on precision passes, where as Rutter prefers to dribble with the ball, just based on pure numbers, although % wise they are equal on successful dribbles, and Pablo was 5% better with his passing.

I think the 2 stats that did stick out fort me though mis controlled touches ( Rutter averages 4.5 per game (total for season 186), where as Pablo was less than 2 per game, total for season 68)) and successful recoveries, Rutter winning the ball back after losing it just under 4 times per game (total 1,312 times for the season), where as Pablo recovered the ball on average 6.5 times per game (total 2,205 times for the season). That nearly 1000 more recoveries for Pablo, which is a lot of possession regained .

Obviously the other stat that stood out was Fouls Received, however that's a bit more difficult to interpret. Was Pablo good enough that he was able to avoid fouls. Does playing more in the centre of the pitch mean that Rutter draws more fouls naturally

Whitejock likes this.