1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thur 19 Apr)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

A win for our U18s against Bolton on Saturday will secure them the league title, after Bolton drew 3-3 with Crewe yesterday.

Not bad considering how far down the league they finished last season...

It has been revealed that Pablo Hernanez' family have moved back to Spain.

All of a sudden Leeds offer our inflential 33 yo play maker a new two year contract.

Thoughts?

According to 'The Sun' we are battling Celtic and Southampton for the signature of Keiran Westwood from the Wendies.

The PFA have disclosed their Championship starting XI of the season

please log in to view this image

Thoughts?

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Di
    Disgraceful none of our players got any n the team of the year. The pfa are cheats as are all referees and linesmen etc

Farsleyexile likes this.
  3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Dale Winton.

Aged 62.

<peacedove><peacedove><peacedove>RIP <peacedove><peacedove><peacedove>

please log in to view this image

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire

Bamba and Cairney got in.

5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Right, the penny has dropped at last, that's why we are down to 14th, nothing to do with Radz Orta and co.
    Thanks for keeping me in the loop.:emoticon-0148-yes:

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

We are going to be battered by rumors and will be linked with every player around, but think its probably tin helmet time until we see what Radz does. If Radz does nothing it means Heck and Orta are still around and unless Radz puts more cash in it means Orta is still in the bargain bucket for players.

Pablo isnt worth a 2 year contract as we all know. He has however showed he has been the only player we have who consistently turned games. He scored goals, assists and was committed to the cause and should have been offered a new 12-month rolling deal months ago. He has been our best player but the only player not on a new contract. If Saiz is still with us next season he needs to emulate his countryman and do it consistently, as Saiz should have been a shoe in for team of the season but yet another who let himself down badly.

Chuffed for everyone at the academy as I was one who had been questioning the plans for bringing in kids from all over. I was wrong and Orta was right, we now have a Tier 1 set-up ready for going into Tier 1. The U18s hav done great because they were bottom last season now going to come in the top 2 this season. THE U23s are flying and Orta has brought in some great prospects who are pushing for first team places.

If Sessignon can win the leagues player of the year at 17, shouldnt we see if Pearce, Hossanah, Dalby, Edmondson, Clarke, Muchaca etc can do it instead of letting them age in the U23s. If they are good enough they are old enough

davy, bucks_is_leeds, leeds60 and 2 others like this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Just goes to prove having no discernible talent doesn't automatically stop some from getting rich.
    Matt there is hope for you yet!

wakeybreakyheart and 2 pennth like this.
  8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Good morning all

An estate agents question. I’m divesting myself of one of my extensive portfolio of properties. Should I select:

Agent 1 - recommend I put it on at a lowish price, claim to have an amazing record at getting close to the asking price, and selling properties quickly, but came over as a bit slimy and untrustworthy
    Or
    Agent 2 - recommend I put it on well above the likely selling price ‘ in case someone from closer to London comes along’ . They do handle a lot of properties in the building (it’s an apartment) but came over as a bit slimy and untrustworthy

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Ju
    Just like the beckhams.

10. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Morning all I never thought of Beckham as a great footballer but he worked his socks off, was a great crosser of a ball, and he could hit a pass.

leeds60 likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Agent 2 is a well known corporate ploy. They will claim to have more offices, thus more buyers. More buyers equals a better choice, including the London market who will pay more. They also charge more, but at the end of the day won't get you any more.

In all honesty it's absolute bollox. All property these days however you dress it up will be sold / rented by rightmove.

Ell's advice is to search allagent reviews in your area on Google. All agents are screaming out for the business so will negotiate.

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a warm yes warm sunny Bardsey
    Must say I was surprised that Barton has been given a managerial job lets hope he has stopped smoking otherwise his squad we be depleted with facial injuries
    I am very pleased that the U 18 have reached the playoffs after what was a poor start perhaps Orta is better at picking young talent
    When you look at the failures Maan U have had recently it brings it into context how difficult it is to sign the right players
    We gave Bamba away and now he is PFA squad what do we know
    Hernandez it would appear will be heading out at the end of the season so who will replace him?

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Thought?

14. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Matt they are now charging .5% commission I think they are having to compete with Purple Bricks and other on line agents

ellandback likes this.
  15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Mike. Indeed. New online agents are popping up everywhere trying to copy PB

16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Heres atrue stor about on-line agents, still going on now with the Property Ombudsman.

Due to 2 bouts of cancer and no wages for 2 years I put my house on the market. Went with a bunch of bandits called BetterMove. They give you 2 options:1 enroll for free with them guaranteeing to sell your house or Option 2 which is exactly the same as 1 but you pay £800 up front with a guarantee to sell your house in 6 months or money back.

We went for option 1 which was rejected due to no income coming in irrespective of how much was in my bank. Idiot I am then paid £800 and then within the first 3 days I got an offer for the house which was £150k under the asking price.

Every month I recieved a nice graph of on line activity etc, but in 6 months not one enquiry, visit or anything. So as soon as 6 months up I asked for my money back as per guarantee....... they have a clause that says if you refuse an offer its not their fault. So im in the process of throwing fooks into a set of bandits that have great reviews on their website but are running a scam. Ombudsman involved so will wait and see. On line agents may work for some but dont pay up front let them sell and pay at the end

17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Mike. Maybe ortas youth signings are not as dependent on budget available whereas his senior signings were limited to what rad was willing to spend. I’ve long since thought aortas poor senior signings may not be entirely his fault. Of course it’s a mortal sin to suggest rad may be partly to blame.
    #myapologiestotheradfans

18. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Good morning Matt & all

Hardly surprising none of our shower feature in the PFA team !!!

19. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

RIP

20. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Very disappointed with this. It’s almost like you’re saying I can’t trust them ;)