1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 9th August)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Bielsa liked Leif Davies, Olly Casey, Jordan Stevens, Ryan Edmondson, Alfie McCalmont, Robbie Gotts and all are now gone on loan except Casey who was sold. Bogutsz got a chance, Kun got a chance too but both out on loan. Greenwood needs to be careful because hes been on the pitch 3 times just like Huggins and he too is being let go. Obviously if you get your chance you must take it or you are history.

Poveda has had many chances with mixed results, some good performances but lacking end product and this pre season it would seem Poveda may have had his last chance?

foolee likes this.
  2. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Roberts has had more chances than the whole lot of them put together....and still he gets them....and still we wait.

Doc, Irishshako and Gessa like this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

If McCallmont had a bit more pace he would make it at a very good level. He reminds me a bit of McPhail.

Edmondson will go well but maybe at a lower level.

Bogusz still looks like he could be an exceptional talent but probably not here. We might hear more of him in a few years time from Europe.

Jury is out on the rest and I include Poveda, Shak, Greenwood in that.

foolee and Doc like this.
  4. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

My feeling Doc is that Greenwood won't make it, not with us anyway and not at PL level. There's a very good chance he'll be successsful a bit lower down but from what I've seen he lacks that real pace needed to be a top striker. Unfortunately he didn't sign a long enough contract for us to make money on him and given his history it's almost certain he'll leave on his own terms at the end of his current contract.

Geldhart has a much stronger chance and he's been unfortunate with the timing of his injuries. Once he's fully fit I'd expect him to start featuring from the bench on a regular basis.

Poveda is as you say in the last chance saloon as he's older than he looks. Hopefully he can turn it around but once you fall down the pecking order it becomes even more difficult. Personally I still think he'd be better off staying with us under Bielsa's tutelage, things could definitely turn in his favour if he can find form and confidence with the U23's at the higher level they'll be playing at this season.

ristac, foolee and Doc like this.
  5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Forgot Summerville...have high hopes for this young man.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Decent shout that :emoticon-0148-yes:

Out of the players we signed last Summer only Greenwood and Summerville were contracted to 2023, so was that their choice. Looking at Greenwoods history does suggest he has itchy feet if someone gets ahead of him at his club and why he left Sunderland and at Arsenal he had Sako and NKettia ahead of him.

Other U23s to watch out for in the chop league are the players who are going into the last year of their contracts. Liam McCarron the player we got from Carlisle Utd who had played first team for them too at 16yo. He has been with the first team last week?Nohan Kenneh a player I believe to be one of the solid bases of the 23s. He plays CB or DM and usually solid as a rock, England kids international and played against Ajax last week where he made a couple of mistakes but usually solid. Josh Galloway was really an U18 on the fringes of the 23s so lets see what happens. Alfie Hughes was also fringe 23s but still here

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

I agree but let's hope it's not "apple pie in the sky hopes" <laugh> looks like he could be the business