1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 4th November)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Heckingbottom has been sacked by Hibs shocked, shocked I tell you

Wasnt he supposed to e most sought after up and coming young manager in the country? Shyte basically as we all knew

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

We actually paid compensation to get him to Elland Road <yikes>

3. lifecheshirewhite

Heard the word Negro might have been used, and it's Black in Spanish.

Ringo Lion likes this.
  4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Nope, negro=black, not negro.

There's a big difference in the insult world.

Didn't Bellusci get off with that specific defence?

5. lifecheshirewhite

That's what I said ;)

OLOF and xbpod like this.
  6. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

But isn't the use of the word black racist?

OLOF likes this.
  7. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Depends what word you follow it with.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Black bastard = negro bastardo would both be classed as racist wouldn't they?

9. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Without a doubt.

But, "I can't stand that twat with the black hair," isn't.

OLOF and Ringo Lion like this.
  10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

My wife took my 10 yr old daughter to the theatre on Friday night, being a very keen gymnast/dancer, daughter not wife. She was very impressed with the girls dancing, a conversation started about the dancers, my daughter said she thought the blond girl at the front was very pretty, when my wife asked her who she thought was the best dancer, my daughter went around the houses describing who she thought it was, when my wife said you mean "the black girl", my daughter said "you can't say that", what is the world coming to.

11. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

I can remember years ago when Harry Carpenter, I think, was commentating on a heavyweight boxing match. Both boxers wearing identical shorts and boots, but one had a slither of white sock showing above his boot. All through the bout Carpenter keep identifying the boxer by the small white flash, not by the fact one boxer was white and one black.

12. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Fat bald bloke, skinny ginger girl, the blond poof, black geezer with the dreads, paddy the greek, geordie Paul, Mick the cockney are all ways to describe people in simplistic terms and no malice intended.

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Whatever happens in the KIko case the main defence is going to be CULTURE and both players are from different cultures to us and both come from different continents to each other with different cultures. Yet again it seems any excuse to have a dig at Leeds thats unless there is some real evidence against our player? Weeks and weeks ago this is supposed to have happened so it looks like its taken an age to fabricate some evidence against Kiko!,!
    If Kiko is guilty he needs sorting out and maybe even sacked, but so sick of the FA/EFL bollox

JonnyLosAngeles, davy and Gessa like this.
  14. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Betty, Bam-a-lam. <cool>

OLOF, Ringo Lion, NostradEmus and 4 others like this.
  15. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Great song

davy and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

In other news...

Richard Keogh: Agent says Derby should have treated sacked defender 'like family'

Richard Keogh's agent said the player will look to continue his rehabilitation at St George's Park, the Football Association's national football centre
    Richard Keogh's agent claims the player's seven years of service to Derby was not properly considered when they sacked him for gross misconduct.

Keogh, 33, was sacked for his involvement in a crash that left him injured and led to two team-mates pleading guilty to drink-driving.

"To be kicked to the kerb is a really difficult pill to swallow," Keogh's agent Cos Toffis said.

"He's bled in that shirt, fought in that shirt and cried in that shirt."

Keogh, who captained the club until the incident, sustained knee ligament damage and was ruled out for more than a year after a car driven by Tom Lawrence crashed into a lamppost on 24 September.

Midfielder Lawrence and Rams forward Mason Bennett were fined six weeks' wages by the club, while Derby magistrates' court ordered the players to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work, gave them a 12-month community order and banned them both from driving for two years.

Keogh's role as skipper and the added responsibility that came with the position were factors in his sacking, BBC Radio Derby reported on Thursday.

'He deserved to be treated like family'

But in an interview with talkSPORT, Toffis said he was "absolutely shocked" when his client was dismissed after seven years with the club.

"It was something we were paranoid about, but at no point did we think it was going to happen," he said.

"The only thing I pleaded for is that Richard be treated like family - he deserved to be treated like family.

"Richard played 356 games for the football club and whenever a player commits and dedicates to a football club the way Richard has, I think you become part of that family.

"I don't think I can put into words how much he's hurting and what his family are going through.

"Richard is in a really bad way, it's heartbreaking. Richard's world has been absolutely rocked."

'Keogh will play again'

Asked if Keogh should have known better than to get into the car with his team-mate after a night drinking, Toffis said: "I'm not going to accept that.

"I can't really go into the events of the evening, but I do have a side of the events so I can't accept what you just said."

Keogh had 14 days to appeal against Derby's decision from the point that it was made last Wednesday.

However, Toffis said no conversations had yet taken place with the club regarding a possible reconciliation.

"The decision was made by them, they closed that door when they made that decision and since they did my phone hasn't rung," he said.

"I'm a football agent, my phone number isn't blocked to anyone. If they ring there'll be a conversation of course."

Toffis also said that Keogh, who was originally ruled out for 15 months, is "ahead of schedule" with his rehabilitation and is aiming to return by November 2020.

"He is the most determined character I've ever come across in my life," he added. "If there is one thing he will do, it's play again."

17. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Agree. Context and intent meant is everything as I think everyone knows.

Irishshako likes this.
  18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

On a downside, watching WBA v Stoke. How did Stoke get so poor? We're going 3rd here and WBA could well up their goal difference.

Irishshako likes this.
  19. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

ftfy

20. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Diangana, Ajayi, Sawyers - all players we were linked with if I'm not mistaken, on reasonably small money from lower/foreign leagues.

Sawyers was available for a song, and he might turn out to be the buy of the season. PL quality I think, if WBA don't go up somebody will be in for him. Rolls Royce in the Kalvin slot.

We need these guys to slip up a few times or go on a mini dip, cos I reckon we're going to. :(

Wakey, lend me some of your female-inspired optimism, I'm not at myself tonight. <laugh>

<cheers>

Leedsoflondon likes this.