1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 3rd October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 3, 2022.

1. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

aha fair enough, none of the highlights show it, so can't really comment other than what I can recall from the actual game, so I'll go with the majority decision :)

2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Looks like forest will have to buy another 21 players in January. This lot are hopeless

3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Leicester have been sh*t but had a tough start to the season fixtures wise. Now have a run of ‘easy’ games so will probably be bang in form and confidence when they play us later in the month.

Eireleeds1 and leeds down south like this.
  4. Eireleeds1

At least they’ll play against us. It’s games like that and Palace next weekend that’ll tell if we’re any good or not. The real pity is our game against forest was called off. They’re hopeless and a another three points would have seen us in a far healthier positiin

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I've read in a number of sources that we only had one shot on target. I remember 2! Before BamBam's shot, Struijk had a shot/cross saved just inside the near post. Almost woke me up! :D

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Phil Hay reckons Joffy was mentioned in the post match presser and the question was is the new pecking order for strikers Rodrigo Bamford, Gnonto then Joffy and Marsch said something like, you could say that……

7. Eireleeds1

Joffy must be thrilled to hear that. However I suppose if he’s not good enough yet he’s not good enough

8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

don’t say I didn’t warn you that it was rambling bollox:

“Joe Gelhardt was doing a fitness test, it would appear, before the game. Were you intending to start with him or was he just part of the squad?

"No, no, he's perfectly healthy. We decided not to have him in the squad and so we wanted to get him a little fitness before, knowing that he wasn't in the squad. It wasn't a fitness test. It was giving him a little bit of running just to boost his fitness levels."

With Gelhardt, is it a pecking order thing, is he just down the order?

"I can tell you this, it's not based on performance because I think he's playing well. But we think that we have a lot of guys performing well right now. So I guess, in that sense that maybe you could say it's a pecking order but I don't look at it that way.

I look at it as I really like Joffy, his mentality is great. Maybe we'll use him or a few guys on Tuesday in the Papa John's tournament to try to make sure that we're keeping rhythm and fitness and everything. I think you can see that a lot of our players need some match time. Please don't take it as a negative on Joffy, I believe in him and I really like him and we're going to keep pushing him."

Doc likes this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

For a young lad he does.:(

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. Irishshako

I thought we'd get three against villa but look how that panned out. <wah>

Eireleeds1 likes this.

11. Irishshako

I remember that WJ, but in the stats it wasn't counted as a shot on target.:(

Whitejock likes this.