1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 28th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

On a football related matter, we've two winnable home games coming up and the two sides a head of us have tricky away games. So you never know.<ok>

2. Irishshako

Tape over the mouth, now that's a whole different ball game Essex<yikes>

wakeybreakyheart and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Only two more games and another boring international break ffs :headbang:

4. Irishshako

<laugh> pointless isn't it Essex<wah>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just updated the U23 sticky as we play tonight at Elland Rd against Burnley Also posted the latest league table which isnt w we expected :emoticon-0148-yes:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  6. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Not again are we having more of this rubbish than usual seems so to me :mad:

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

On a positive note, it gives us time to get some players fit (****ing hate it though).

8. Irishshako

On another positive note.............only an hour and a half till offy opens...<party>

9. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Bielsa explained Barry Douglas's absence from the Saturdays squad

He felt something in the knee, but it's not important.

Does that mean Douglas's injury is not serious OR it's not important that Douglas doesn't play :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Irishshako likes this.
  10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

This side is worse than last seasons. Saiz was creative and is missed. Roofe knew where the net was and pontus could score too. Cooper has been out and with pablo.. Forshaw and young shaks out we are far weajer. I said we needed a forward with height and strength also i wanted a tough creative midfielder. We got neither and someone at leeds utd is deluded if they think this is an autos side. I called it early last season about autos and so it came true. Nit enough quality and please remind me again how many goals roberts has scored. Dont rate harrison one bit put costa left side and try roberts at ten. Drop dallas he is not a front player. Stop gap defender and that's it. Two games coming up that will answer some big questions of bielsa. For me he is not a god or a genius as the lack of goals show. Never rated klich either one decent game now and then. Sell him and get someone in.

Nickwhite68 and 1964white like this.

11. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Allow Phillips, Kiko to go or White/Nketiah back to their respective clubs and you can forget about promotion. Thank god no one will be coming in for Pablo as he is on his last legs.

The above five are our most consistent players, interfere with the spine of the team & it could be curtains.

There are better players out there than Bamford, Berardi, Douglas, Harrison, Costa, Alioski, Roberts, Forshaw, Klich & Dallas (Stuart has had a decent season tbf until Bielsa wrecked his form). Those are the players we should be looking to improve on not our star men. We deserve what we get if we sell or move on our best players :(

12. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

G
    Good Morning to Matt and co froma sunny Bardsey
    I think that our next 2 games are both winnable whereas PNE and WBA are both playing away games
    I was pleased for Kiko though lady luck was on his side when the ball hit his back and rolled for a corner
    Do we have to buy Costa at the end of his loan spell because up to now he has just not fit in unlike Ben White we should have had him tied up
    I agree we need a striker because we need goals we cant rely on the defence all the time
    If MU offered 50m for PhillilpsI would let him go and get the money spent on a replacement and a striker

southernwhite, ristac and Irishshako like this.
  13. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

It wouldn't be the first time someone has left Leeds for bigger and better things:emoticon-0136-giggl
    https://sportslens.com/manchester-united-leeds/38897/

14. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm perplexed about the stick Klich gets on here! He has been my player of the season so far. His workrate is exceptional and intrinsic to the high press we play. He always seeks the progressive pass and keeps posession really cleverly. Throw in his selfless running which opens up so much space for others and also creates the overload for us and I'd say he is a key player. The one criticism would be that he tends to run out of gas a bit in the last 15 minutes which incidentally coincides with the whole team performance dropping off (kind of backs up my point). He is more of a box to box midfielder.

15. Irishshako

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My comments on Klich were not aimed at giving him stick, I just can’t work out if Bielsa wants him attacking or defending, whichever it is I think he is struggling a little with Dallas alongside him, there isn’t the same flow in the middle compared to when Forshaw was alongside him.

I think Phillips is doing okay but he isn’t as effective at the moment, nobody is really apart from our defence. There was a great example of things not working right on Saturday when Alioski twice played a pass to a player who was immediately put under pressure, rather than Alioski making himself available for a quick triangle he turned and ran forward into a poor position leaving one less option for our guy who was already under pressure due to that pass.

I think the odd player out of position is fine but at the moment we’ve too many, on paper I thought we should be stronger this season but I’m starting to agree we’re possibly not. That is partly due to Bielsa changing the formation, I assumed Nketiah/Pablo/Costa would provide goals from the #10 position, I didn’t believe we’d see Klich and Dallas in the middle. I would have White over Pontus any day but Costa isn’t bringing it and Nketiah isn’t the kind of player Bielsa likes too much

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So it seems that our old mate Izzy Brown has got 5 assists in the last 6 games and is 3rd in the league for chances created and best for assists. Always liked him and thought he was unlucky not getting in Bielsas team especially end of season

18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I think we've missed Roofe the most out of the players that left.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

disagree because I think we Saiz hasn't been replaced. Last season Bielsa said we need a winger and a replacement for Saiz and we got Baker and Brown along with Harrison. All 3 were pants and Brown after regaining his fitness after Xmas did ok in the U23s but not given a chance and Baker was fkd off to Reading. This season we brought back Harrison (in and out) and Costa but was Costa supposed to be a replacement for Saiz? i believe we are no further forward in replacing him and in some respects worse off because Pablo has either not been on it or injured so far this season.

20. Irishshako

All this football talk will drive a man to drink...........<ale>

ristac likes this.