1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The media are at present trying to build a rift between Orta and Bielsa, dont get involved. This started quite innocently last week when Phil Hay said Orta had always liked Ryan Kent but Bielsa doesn't think he can do what Bielsa wants him to do so hasn't gone back with a better offer.

Now Im seeing headlines that Orta is upset that Bielsa isn't using the £50m war-chest still available, which is tosh. There are players available but Bielsa wants Only those good enough and have the intelligence to do Bielsaball. No point in bringing in a headstrongbillybigbollox as he has one already in Roberts.

we do know Bielsa likes Emiliano Buendia and Aid Benrhama and both are still available, but he may think they are over priced or may lack something? The overseas players are stories until something concrete happens

Irishshako likes this.
  2. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Any news on the training Doc ?

Are the players getting more time off/recovery days now we don't have any midweek fixtures until December for example. Think we can manage with a small squad perfectly adequately this season but there still needs to be a balance between work and rest. You get the feeling though that Bielsa would train all day every day if he could.

3. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

I see what you did there...<laugh>

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

training is easier than it was in Bielsa's first season a all the players know exactly what to expect and anticipate things. They all know what their target weight is and target fat counts etc so do things on their own to beat the system as failure means more laps etc. TA is now geared up for relaxation with sleeping pods tv room, games room and Bielsa likes his players to relax in quiet, so as u say there will not be any too tired abused players later in the season.

Think Bielsa realises he has a small bunch and some of the kids are not up to Prem standard yet. He could do it in the Championship but he is offloading Stevens, Gotts, Bogusz more than likely maybe this week. Struijk is now first team but is Davies going to be part of it or are we going to bring in a defender and signs say yes anew defender coming because guaranteed injuries to Cooper and even suspensions for yellow cards will happen

We also know we have to have a creative midfielder which will probably mean one or two players more than the usual 18 first team and 6 U23s

Jammy 07 likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Looks like we already put a bid in for Pulgarand have now come back with another, so maybe more to this ?...

talian newspaper La Nazione have claimed that Leeds United are ready to increase their initial £10million offer to £13.75million to sign Chile international from Erick Pulgar, as talks continue to sign the Fiorentina midfielder.

Pulgar, 26, has caught the attention of Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds for his stunning 2019-20 campaign. Clocking up 41 appearances in all competitions, Pulgar had a hand in 15 goals – scoring seven and creating eight more.

Last week, La Nazione claimed Leeds had a £10million bid for Pulgar – who is represented by the same agent that looks after Alexis Sanchez and new Inter star Arturo Vidal (TransferMarkt) – rejected. However, Leeds are seemingly still keen. The report now states that talks are ‘intensifying’ between Leeds and Fiorentina over a move for the goalscoring midfielder, and that the newly-promoted Premier League club are willing to up their bid by almost £4million – to £13.75million.

wakeybreakyheart and Irishshako like this.
  6. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Yes the investement from Radz in TA is nothing short of amazing, especially when you consider we're leaving in a few years. Of course, all because of you know who and his attention to detail.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Doc likes this.
  7. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

If this is one we’re seriously considering does he play in the Pablo position and we give Klich more creative freedom? Seems strange to go from De Paul to Pulgar.

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We only have a few days left to get a creative player over the line. All 3 players I posted videos of this morning are all direct replacements for Pablo, all score goals like Pablo and get of assists as well as strong in the tackle and all 3 can play out wide.

We have been trying for weeks to get De Paul and think everyone would love to get him, but if Pozzo wants to be greedy we wont play. Last night the story seemed to change and I hope thats the case, but if not we need to move on elsewhere :emoticon-0148-yes:

foolee and Irishshako like this.
  9. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Morning to Matt Doc and co from a sunny Bardsey
    Will we won't we 2 weeks to sort out our plans.Will Kent reemerge again or James
    I am surprised that Rad has stated that we have 50m to spend not clever

ellandback likes this.
  10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Last week I amended the U23 player list to reflect that Jordan Stevens has joined Swindon on loan. It should be confirmed later today but hes deffo gone

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Latest news. We want Dan James on loan with a 15m optional buy out clause

Irishshako likes this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Where you been this was floating about this morning.

Irishshako likes this.
  13. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Come to think of it we have wingers. Lets get a ten an extra defender and a goalie on loan as meslier is losing his confidence.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

you still ill mate <laugh> I posted this yesterday afternoon on the weekend thread. By the way nothing will happen until or if they get a replacement. Once Dan James is no longer wanted things ma move :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't write Dan James off but it's not the most important position for us to buy right now. I also think it's sending the wrong message to scum that they can buy up all the young players and expect to break even or even worse make a profit when they fail.

NostradEmus and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I mentioned this somewhere the other day, don’t believe it myself as he is a defensive midfield player and can play CB

17. lifecheshirewhite

Just been around the Trafford Centre for 1 hr with my Leeds Champions face mask on, and only got 1 mumble, something about turf, off a city fan, tarts, we're Leeds united we go where we want. <laugh>

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  18. lifecheshirewhite

Too late he had shot his load. <laugh>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

20. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Great statement from Les Ferdinand on taking the knee

QPR Director of Football Les Ferdinand said: “This should not be about QPR. Many clubs did not take the knee on the opening weekend, yet this was not reported.

“Taking the knee was very powerful but we feel that impact has now been diluted.

“In the same way ‘Clap For Carers’ was very emotional for us all, it got to a stage where it had run its natural course and the decision was rightly made to stop it.

“Does that mean we, as a nation, don’t care or appreciate our NHS workers? Of course it doesn’t.

“No one is more passionate than me about this topic. I have spoken on the matter throughout my footballing life.

“I work for one of the most diverse football clubs in this country. A lot of people are being fooled out there.

“Recently, I took the decision not to do any more interviews on racism in football because the debate was going around in circles. People want a nice soundbite when something happens, but how many of the media who have criticised QPR over the past 48 hours genuinely want change?

“The taking of the knee has reached a point of ‘good PR’ but little more than that. The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge.

“What are our plans with this? Will people be happy for players to take the knee for the next ten years but see no actual progress made?

“Taking the knee will not bring about change in the game - actions will.

“Those media that have been quick to question us should be looking more inwardly. Our Under 18s were forced to abandon a game in August 2019 against AD Nervion FC due to racist abuse.

“More than 12 months on, UEFA refused to deal with the situation and the Spanish FA did nothing.

“What media coverage has been given to that? Not nearly as much as what has been granted to QPR not taking a knee.

“Don’t judge us. Simple research and evidence will show you we are doing more than most. If you want change, judge yourselves.”

QPR CEO Lee Hoos added: “As many of us know, the taking of the knee originated from the US where athletes have been doing it to protest against social injustice and police brutality.

“What you’ll find is that players in the States on the same team choose to express themselves differently - and in the US, it is a statement of protest, not just a symbolic gesture.

“And that is how it should be - each individual needs to be free to make their own decision on how to express intolerance for social injustice, without fear of being negatively judged.

“The EFL guidance states that it is for the players and teams to make their own decisions on this, but as a matter of courtesy should let their opposition and the match referee know.

“As a club, we fully support our players – whether they choose to take a knee or not. We judge our players by their actions and every one of them has been extremely supportive of our values and goals - and they are the values and goals of the most diverse club in the country.

“I have seen no media organisations who come close to matching what we do to further the causes of social justice and inclusion, nor BAME representation at senior level. This is despite them having considerably more resources than we do.

“To be blunt, anyone who thinks our players condone racism because they didn’t take a knee really doesn’t get it. Anyone who responds to Black Lives Matter by saying all lives matter really doesn’t get it. Anyone who thinks just taking a knee is sufficient in fighting social injustice really doesn’t get it.

“Actions speak louder than words. People need to DO something more than simple gestures.

“We will continue to support not just our players but all players who believe in greater social equality and how they wish to legitimately express those views.

“Our support is in our actions.”