1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 21st October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 21, 2019.

1. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

I think there is only one in dire need of help on here, and not just in the knowledge of football.

2. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely correct. Can't believe Izzy Brown wasn't used at all

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

who ? did he actually exist.

southernwhite, ellandback and hemase like this.
  4. wakeybreakyheart

This is for those who say we never won owt.
    have you no sense how can you post that.i take it sensetivity is not your strong point.ive seen you post some right stuff on here and just laughed it off but come on thats just condescending.

Whitejock likes this.
  5. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Thought we played better in the first half but looked less like scoring, thought we played worse in the second half but scored. We play better as a team with Bamford on and he will go on a scoring run at some point for some reason we seem to only be playing to Eddie's pace with long balls that weren't doing much. Personally happy that we have both as options as both are going to have a part to play this season.

Was happy to see the Klich for Roberts swap (Klich as well as being an ever present had also been away on int duty) but particularly when Hernandez is away he offers some creativity in a way that any solution that involves Bamford and Eddie on at same time seems square pegs in round holes.

Also as first match I've been into person this season - how ****ing good is Ben White.

6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Now now LL aren’t you the king of ‘sarcasm is the lowest form of wit’ comments?

Whitejock and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  7. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

Wakey I have had people who know what they are doing try to wind me up, an amateur like LL has no chance <ok>

8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

you've just insulted a lot of amateurs

Whitejock, wakeybreakyheart and xbpod like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So Bielsa has confirmed Pablo will not be ready this week so at least another 2 matches missed. We also have Forshaw still out and when you look at how many games last season Forshaw missed through injury and already ghis season. i know Forshaw wasn't always first choice with Bielsa but factually he was injured for much of the time like Pablo, Bamford, Brown, Berardi, Ayling, Cooper, Douglas, Roofe, Roberts. Cant remember when we last put out our best team and what is our best team.

injuries so far this season Pablo, Ayling, Cooper, Berardi, Roberts, Douglas, Forshaw so a pattern as there are now some players who are always available

wakeybreakyheart and hemase like this.
  10. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all.

Just glad of the three points myself. A win against Preston and a bit of confidence returns, shame Pablo is injured but he was off the boil before that. I’d hoped Costa would rip the opposition apart now given his chance but sadly it seems not

wakeybreakyheart likes this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

good point about Costa but has only started 3 games and think we can all see that theres something about Costa and hope it clicks soon

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  12. lifecheshirewhite

Keep seeing this about Costa, but if you watch him, he nearly always gets his pass or cross in, the problem comes with no one in the middle or two defenders on our one attacker. Think if we played 2 up front, people will think better of him.

wakeybreakyheart and ristac like this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

2 of Eddies goals came from Costa hitting the byeline and cutting the ball across the goal for him to tap in. One from each flank

anyway heres a good talking point. Some of you will remember me talking about Alfie Haalands lad who went in to score shed loads for every team hes played for and even scored a couple in his Champions League debut this season. I also mentioned Tony Yaboah's boy who is also a striker in Austria and scored a bag full too. I can now confirm that Lucas Radebe Jr has signed for Farsley Celtic as a striker. Hes a 20yo and has been training with Leeds but has signed for Farsley so lets see what develops and good luck to Lucas Jr

14. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I'd think better of him if he fitted into the team ethic. Saturday saw his first tackle that I can remember, & it barely qualified as it was half-hearted. For me, Costa is a luxury winger, unlike Harrison, Alioski, Dallas & even Pablo, who all do their fair share of defensive work. Question is - can we afford a luxury winger? I don't know, but Bielsa seems to think so. I have the feeling that Nketiah has similar traits, hence Bielsa is hesitating with him, as we definitely cannot gamble with 2 luxuries. The second half on Saturday demonstrated this quite clearly, sadly.

Then again, what do I know? :D Perhaps we should ask Bielsa's mentor, Captain Jackboot. <doh>

wakeybreakyheart and hemase like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

That useless centre forward ee had would have got a bucket full by now. What was his name again?.

16. lifecheshirewhite

While you are right about Costa,and maybe Eddie, don't forget Beckford was the same. And out of Eddie and Bamford, only one of them tackled a brum player, and it wasn't Bamford.

17. xbpod

xbpod Well-Known Member

You're right Milky, sorry for any offence millwall fc.

Whitejock likes this.
  18. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Looks like we're getting Qatar investment hence why we've gone for the Man City look for 3rd kit

19. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

(though actually quite like it)

20. lifecheshirewhite

Just read, Bielsa says that our high press is stopping Costa using his pace to run at teams.

ristac likes this.