1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18th Feb)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 18, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Kemar Roofe is set to undergo scans this morning on a knee injury.

The 26 yo hotshot has been in impressive form netting 14 times this season in all competitions!

He was pictured in Leeds City Centre over the weekend in knee brace!

Should Leeds be without their top scorer for a matter of weeks or even months, how will this effect the team performance?

Is Bamford ready to step up to the mantle?

Perhaps Roberts will step up?

Will we ever see Izzy Brown start a game?

According to Bet365, Leeds chances of finishing top of the Championship come May are drifting.

Leeds are joint favourites alongside Norwich at 7/4 to finish top of the Championship, and are 8/13, again the same as Norwich to finish in the top 2!

Both teams are 2/5 to get promoted.

Farsleyexile and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Roofe has had a great season up to the last 3 games and for the last 2 Bamford has been back. Roofe on his best day cannot live with an on form Bamford, so I expect Bamford to be almost ready after his long lay off. We also know that Bielsa thinks Bamford is great so he wont be worrying too much. I dont for a minute think the club would have allowed Roofe to go shopping in Leeds if the club thought the injury was severe and think Rob Price was just taking precautions as I hope the scan today will prove.

We still have a young Edmondson who can step up as well as Clarke if he's available soon and young Kun has been on the bench. Roberts did ok the last time Roofe was out and Harrison has also played up front. I really wanted us to buy a striker in the window but hey ho.

For the fans who are panicking because we have dropped to 3rd, we haven't we're joint 2nd with a game in hand and if we win it we are top again. We have the same amount of wins as Norwich and the blunts but we have played a game less folks and the blunts have lost more matches than us. Pointless worrying yet until the wheels actually do fall off because they haven't yet have they.

If the odds are drifting out I suggest you go slap a few quid on us as you'll win more. This is a public service announcement, your welcome.

3. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Wheels fall off !!!!,I wish they would fall off Norwich & Sheffield,but no signs of that either & their winning their games by bigger margins,giving them that all important better goal difference,as we have already discussed,we just don't need to win matches,but give one or two teams a right Tonking along the way,but do we have the firepower to do that,now that is the question ?
    Btw a very good morning to you all,after a very disappointing weekend of results.

Doc likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Not reading much into the league table except teams around us all showing decent form and starting to score at will. Its up to ourselves now. Our finishing must improve and defending also. As someone pointed out, if were in top two after next six games, well have a cracking chance. All about who handles the pressure the best as I honestly think theres not much difference between top four or five teams at present. Wont be having a bet as they are terrible odds

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Bristol City! Tickets on sale, online from 10.30am to supporters who have attended 7 or more away games (these fans are guaranteed a ticket but must apply by close of business on 20th February) #LUFC

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Biggest problem is Billy Sharp.

He has scored 22 goals (23 in all competitions) this season for the Blades!

Next closest is 11

7. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning elland. . Biggest problem for me is sheff utd have four strikers. They had a problem in January so recruited madine who has already paid off for them. We on the other hand got another goalie as we only had one.
    To me rads has shown no intent at all to push on.
    Who do we have who can shoot from outside the box? I can think of one.
    We talk of the Bolton game as being a banker but its not.

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

As long as Bamford remains fit I’m not too much worried about Roofe. It could be the mini break Roofe needs before coming back in a few weeks refreshed and raring to go.

The U23s are playing at home today at 1pm I believe? An ideal time for Brown to gain some fitness and Berardi and Dallas to continue the road to recovery.

9. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Good riddance

10. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Lewis Baker getting slated by Reading fans now.

League 1 for him at best.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I wonder if there is more than meets the eye regarding Harvey leaving and Leeds?

12. Eireleeds1

Theres a rumour gathering pace hes putting together a consortium to make an offer on the club. Started over the weekend

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Any bloke who has taken clubs into administration 3 times which breaks EFL rules should never have been given the job. This bloke remember was called a downright liar by a High Court Judge, he was called someone with no honor by an MP in a Select Committee hearing. He was also accused of playing fast and loose with reality by another judge when defending Bates and Teak Trading. The man's a fooking bent bandit how did he get the job and which people were given brown envelopes. Wonder if David Conn will have the story?

14. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

HARVEY OUT!!

(might as well get the ball started just in case....)

15. lifecheshirewhite

And if we don't sell for half price,we get a point deduction when he leaves.

16. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from Seacroft Library 22 day without a landline talk talk are useless at best
    Daniel Jaames showed what a btalent he is by scoring a tremendous goal I hope Matt Doc etc can show it we were stupid not getting him now we could lose him to a premiership club
    All poor results over the weekend now we shall see if we have the bottle for a fight
    Brown must be ready to help 6the cause infact he could be the man
    I see Willy McKAY HAS BEEN BROUGHT TOI JUSTICE OVER HIS DEALINGS WITH CARDIFF over the Sala affair no surprise there then

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Posted this yesterday but if you haven't seen it, what do you think. Worth £10m?

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

If he comes in then im out i will watch on telly.

19. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. I think he got his job because he had a sponsor who had the finger on several football administrators.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Eireleeds1

Of course he is but we proved beyond doubt in January that we dont have 10p disposable cash so wont likely ever play for us any more than any other 10m pound players

leeds60 likes this.