1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 17th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 17, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Gamba Osaka want Yosuke Ideguchi back!

The 22yo midfielder, dubbedf the Japanese Bremner when he arrived 18 months ago went straight out on loan to Culture Club only to find it difficult to settle in to Western culture and spent the majority of his stay benched.

He went out on a season long loan to Bundesliga 2 side Greuther Fürth, only to rupture his posterior cruciate ligament early in proceedings ruling him out of the majority of the season.

Should Ideguchi be given a chance to prove his worth at Elland Road this Summer, he is only 22?

According to the Daily Mail, Leeds will make an offer of £250,000 for Carlisle United's Liam McCarron.

The talented teenager has also caught the attention of the Blades, Derby and Wolves.

A fee of £250,000 is believed to be enough to tempt the midfielder away.

What would you say Leeds top 3 biggest bargains have been in the last 25 years?

What would you say Leeds biggest flops have been?

I'll start with Nigel Martyn. He signed for Leeds from Palace in 1996 for 2.5m.

I know its a different market place but Jack Butland for 25m???

The biggest waste of money? I'm not going Brolin or Seth Johnson; I'm going to two loanees. These two were such a waste of wages that the crowd booed their every pass.

It was during the January transfer window of the 2013/14 season, and McDermott was in charge. Leeds had absolutely no wingers on their books and fans were screaming out for some wide men.

McDermott signed Jimmy Kébé from Palace and Cameron Stewart from Hull. Both were utterly useless.

After Kebe's stint at Elland Road, he retired, and became a professional poker player whilst Leeds had an agreement with Hull that meant Leeds had an obligation to sign Stewart permanently.

Cellino refused, and was successfully sued by Stewart for £750k.

Stewart, now 28, has been without a club having been released by Lincoln city after four games during the 2017/18 season!

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all:emoticon-0148-yes:

This is the first time I can remember when the rumor mill is so empty and thats really because the club are in lock-down, the club have Bielsa and the club have a lot going on in the background either fighting off take over stories or trying to offload a dozen fringe players. The actual stuff that is happening or has been confirmed to be in talks are really about outgoings.

The Ideguchi story is true and his old Japanese team Gamba Osaka are wanting him back and have tabled a bid and his team in Berlin also want him. So if Bielsa doesn't want him its nailed on we will get back the money we paid for him. Be interesting to see what happens

Sacko is with Mali at the African Nations Cup but the winger is out injured and will he be one we allow to leave on a free because he wont be back and no stories out of Turkey linking him to a permanent move.

The deal for Ekuban is all but agreed so he will stay in Turkey firing blanks and if story is true we double our money on him.

Think Denton gets released and also believe Coyle will be allowed to leave on a free. Coyle has been outstanding away from the club for 2 seasons playing anywhere in the middle or back 4. Picked up the fans player of the year and the clubs player of the year awards, but now 24 and Leeds have more young Bielsa type players to call upon.

Malik Wilks is one to watch firstly because he scored 16 goals helping Doncaster get to the play offs and most of his time was out wide. He is due in court on a knife incident though although he has pleaded not guilty. There is also a story linking him with a permanent move to Doncaster even though he signed a contract extension with Leeds and it seems to be because Doncaster allowed a young academy player to move to Leeds without a fee. So will Bielsa have a look at him or has he had him watched and filmed already?

So nothing stories, regurgitated stories but no substance or anything conclusive even though other clubs are already signing players

Oh and just have to say that Lampard going to Chelsea will make me pee myself. No top manager will take the job due to a transfer ban so Lampard may well get it and wonder if he'll take John Terry with him. Crazy times

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc,

Sacko will probably get another loan move I reckon

4. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

or put down.<ale>

5. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I don't get it about fat Frank being a good Manager

He inherited a great squad, and added two top Premiership players on loan chipping in with 23 goals between them.

They secured the last play off place on the last game of the season.

A journalist recently wrote that Lampard has taken to Management like a duck to water- well, it must be one retarded duck!!!

6. Irishshako

He is the darling of the English/ London press mainly because of his England career IMO. Without sounding like sour grapes, I think he was lucky to get to the play off final, it was down to our calamity defending rather than his brilliant management.<ok>

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I think most neutrals would agree with you.

We handed it to him on a plate

Irishshako likes this.
  8. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

Absolutely and also his 'phone a friend' book. No doubt spoke to many of his old managers and family to work out what to try at Elland Road.

Irishshako likes this.
  9. Irishshako

But thank **** karma came back and bit him on the arse...<ok>

10. Irishshako

Morning Lee. The only bit of excitement to look forward to are the fixtures announced on Thurs...<ok>

wakeybreakyheart and MIGHTY like this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

That didn't work either. It was us pressing the self destruct button that did it!

How many times in the last few seasons have we conceded just before half time. It's loads....

Irishshako likes this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Shame it wasn't a hungry lion (like Mighty). He would have caught something... <laugh>

Irishshako likes this.
  13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Fat Frank didn't score the points that last seasons manager scored so he didnt improve an already top 6 side he actually took them backwards and Shaks is correct our sports media think Lampard and Gerrard are the saviors of football.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  14. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

I’m guessing we’re trying to get a few players moved on so that we can release a larger pot for Bielsa. Worst signings, I agree with your two Elland but you can easily throw in the likes of Paynter, Rachbuka and surely players like Ideguchi is never pulling on a shirt the largest waste of money you can have?

I hope Lampard goes to Chelsea as it will finish him as a coach.

15. Irishshako

He definitely would have caught something off Mighty..<yikes>

ellandback likes this.
  16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. We’re skint and can’t buy anyone until we move the rubbish on and see what we’ve left if anything if or when we move them. That should bring us nicely up to mid or late July when the players available for loaning will start to appear.

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Look back at our 2013/14 squad. How many of these players would get into our team / bench now?

upload_2019-6-17_9-24-19.png

18. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Possibly eight and then depending what Bielsa could do with the others

19. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Oi shut it <yikes>

Farsleyexile and ellandback like this.
  20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

dont you encourage him either <laugh>