1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 12th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

That's the match I watched. I think a lot of supporters opinions are clouded because of their emotions and are always looking for scapegoats. <ok> We don't have a right to beat every team we play, we have to earn it.<ok>

Whitejock, ristac, LeedsLover and 9 others like this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think the question is, WHY! did Forest fluke a point (couple of reasons).......if you can answer that honestly, you'll come up with the reason/s we drew and threw away a win......:emoticon-0148-yes:

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

4. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Depends who you want to blame, you clearly want to blame Phillips, I don’t want to blame anyone. You could blame the player who initially gave the ball away or the player who conceded the corner. You could blame the defender who ran towards the incoming corner and missed allowing it to bounce on the ground. You could blame the ref who ignored our defender being pulled back or Phillips for missing it or any of the others who never got near or the keeper for not saving it.

Why did we take the lead? You’ll say because of the excellent finish of Pablo, if it were the other way around you’d blame Phillips for not being in the right place to prevent it.

You want me to answer honestly why they fluked a point so I’ll give you my honest answer (opinion)... We never scored a second despite several chances to do so. We had three penalty claims, one never was, one definitely was and the other was a 50/50 so they fluked a point because of decisions going against us and poor finishing and giving Forest some credit, they defended well at times.

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

6. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Whitejock likes this.