1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 7th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 7, 2019.

1. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

Read my reply to Milky's comments..........I suppose you use Pemdas to get dressed in morning.

2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Of course if KC started making more saves per game it would give him a different average but all you can go on is what he actually achieved.

The saves per game is calculated by total number of saves divided by total number of games. BPFs is marginally higher than KCs. Your assertion was that KCs figure would be higher if he’d played more games. The answer to that is only if he started making more saves per game than he currently has been achieving. It’s not about potential, it’s about actual. Using averages rather than totals makes comparisons like for like.

What is fair to say is that figures get skewed/are more variable when its just a few games rather than over a whole season, ie they are a fairer representation for someone who played 40 games than someone who played 5.

All you can categorically say from the figures though, is that on average, BPF made marginally more saves per game than KC.

If they performed at the same levels, and played the same number of games, BPF would have made more saves.

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Surely these stats are a` load of ****e. They dont take into account who made the most mistakes and maybe either got lucky with attackers not capitalising on them or defenders bailing them out

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

This subject has become distinctly average..... or has it?.

Whitejock likes this.
  5. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

To be honest, the team as whole choked promotion just as they choked a playoff place under monk when that looked nailed on, regardless of who was in goal. The loss to derby in my opinion was down to Kiko and that abysmal mistake right on half time. Go in 2-0 up on aggregate and I think we'd have made the final, they looked like they'd run out of ideas until he gifted them the goal, which gave them fresh energy. Kiko looked nervous as **** all night for some unknown reason and completely lost his head / nerve.

ristac, OLOF, Whitejock and 1 other person like this.
  6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Of course they are. I started off myth busting but now I’m just having fun with LLs primary school maths.

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

BPF getting rave reviews over here again after our latest away win (<whistle>), credited for a significant contribution in all four wins to date.

8. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

No, I usually use clothes to get dressed whatever time of day it is.

I save pemdas for mathematical situations and common sense logic always. ;-)

9. Eireleeds1

He’ll get plenty of practice in the next four games <laugh>

10. davy

davy Well-Known Member

We'll beat the krauts. You heard it here first.<laugh>

11. Eireleeds1

<whistle>

12. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

I think this season, from what I saw, was a genius trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
    Seeing the amount of possession we had and the chances created shows just how well Bielsa's system works. If you slot a few diamonds into that formation you have, well, Man City, which is why Guardiola thinks he is the best coach in the world.
    You look at a player like Pablo, who is much closer to the sort of player he needs, and you see what is possible. I do think that we struggled against the lowly teams because they decided to choke us and we didn't usually have the quality to make something happen. How many games were tight but won by a bit of Klich or Pablo magic or a goal from a set piece?
    It was so frustrating for us to see teams have 2 shots on target and score 2 goals but imagine how Bielsa must feel?
    I think he is pretty OCD which is why he's loathe to change his formation even when we are losing games.
    I think with a quality squad to choose from he can compete right at the top of the prem. We just need to get there.
    Roll on next season.

13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I just liked your enthusiasm <ok>

blonogasoven likes this.
  14. lifecheshirewhite

Let us know what everyone thinks after you beat Germany and Holland. <whistle>

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Won’t matter by then as bpf will have moved to whatever club is going to guarantee him first team footnall

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  16. LeedsLover

He didn't get such rave reviews against Estonia after letting in what would've been a simple save.

17. LeedsLover

So you've had no reason to use Pemdas before then.

18. LeedsLover

Hey'up blonogasoven, welcome back.

While I agree with most of what you wrote, I think Bielsa tries to keep the same players playing together so they get to know each other's moves, runs, crosses and passes etc, was working well up till Saiz left, then the applecart was tipped, we got injuries and added other players resulting in the applecart staying tipped.

You could see after Saiz left, and especially in second half of season that we began to slowly struggle.

With the exception of Pablo, Klich, Alioski and Jansson, the other players weren't use to the type of success we were having during first half of season, eventually, especially against the lower teams we became complacent in many games, and complacency breeds mistakes. I think things began to go to their heads and they started counting their chickens before they hatched.

I think most coaches have their own formation and style of play, and are reluctant to change, either cos they don't know how, or, they don't know how; which is probably why many get sacked.

Bielsa is also to blame for not implementing change occasionally. I said when Bielsa first came to Leeds, he's got to be able to know when to change formation / style of play against certain teams, he didn't.

Bielsa's style of football worked, and works, but not towards the end of season. While I like Bielsa, and glad he stayed, I mentioned earlier, we'll see how good he is if he can get over the final hurdle, sadly, he didn't.

I think quite a few of the players have a lot to learn, I also think Bielsa's learned a few things about English football and the Championship.....:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. lifecheshirewhite

Lucky them, we will just have to bring in better then.

20. lifecheshirewhite

Germany just put 8 past Estonia, puts things into perspective, looks good against probably league 2 standard teams.N Ireland are probably lower standard than Leeds, I mean they make Dallas look good.