1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 22nd October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 22, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Friday 22nd October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Fans left infuriated by Phillips omission

Leeds fans were left bemused and infuriated after it was revealed during yesterday's Pre Match Press Conference that Kalvin Phillips has overcome his calf injury, but will not participate against Wolves tomorrow. The Yorkshire Pirlo has been sidelined for three weeks due to a calf strain, and the gaffer is concerned about his fitness levels. Whilst we respect and understand Bielsa's strict demands of his players, fans are concerned that he'll be throwing his players to the Wolves (literally) without the guidance of their talisman. According to Bielsa:- “He's healthy, but he hasn’t competed for three weeks. If he played on Saturday, it’d be far too quick. It's necessary for more football training."

please log in to view this image

Bielsa will not bend on principles

Anybody that believes that Bielsa will change his Managerial approach in order to drag Leeds away from the drop zone can think again. These are the thoughts of journalist Phil Hay. He went on to insinuate that the hierarchy remain fully behind the 66yo:-

"There are certain subjects on which Bielsa will not concede ground; the depth of his squad, his rigid insistence on trusting Plan A and his handling of recovering players. Kalvin Phillips was “healthy” after a calf strain, Bielsa revealed, but would not start against Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow. It was, seemingly, too much of a gamble to play him after three weeks out even if half the world thinks it is too much of a gamble not to. But this is Bielsa. If a club expect him to bend on principles, then that club are in need of a different coach. And in the corridors of Elland Road, they continue to believe that his team will emerge from under a low cloud".

Whilst it's admirable that Bielsa would rather fall on his sword than concede to his principles, it doesn't help the team if the worst were to happen. He gets to walk away whilst West Yorkshire's finest face an uncertain future languishing away from the glitz and glamour of the Premier League.

Perhaps we should listen to Bielsa! He has never let us down before, and has done more for our club than any other Manager, except of course Wilko and the Don. His methods may be unorthodox, but it's what sets us apart from the rest of the top flight!

Who should replace Phillips tomorrow

With Phillips ruled out of tomorrow's clash with Wolves, many Leeds fans have differing opinions on who should replace him tomorrow? To say Phillips is influential is an understatement. Since returning to the top flight, Leeds have lost nine out of the 11 fixtures without him. Koch, Struijk and Klich have all deputised for the England midfielder, but none have come close to replicating his form! Who would you choose to replace the Yorkshire Pirlo?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Simple, Forshaw for Philips and if he breaks down show him the door.

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

I should have read here first, I just posted about Phillips on the match day thread. If he needs more “training” as he risks breaking down fine, if it’s to gain fitness throw him on for 45 minutes.

OLOF and Infidel like this.
  4. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I fully expect Phillips to play tomorrow. He's always come straight back from injuries before.
    I know he isn't normally one for it but could be mind games from him. As much as a way to gee up our players when they see how name on the team sheet as anything.

leeds down south likes this.
  5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

It’s so long ago that Forshaw was 100% fit but I can still remember him not doing a very good job when asked to do the DM role. Not disciplined enough for it.

Imo Llorente would be great there.

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Yes Llorente for me too he can play that lad. I have joined the injury list as my truck has broken down at Skipton. That will teach me to answer the rallying call from the govt.

7. FORZA LEEDS

Skipton - Lock up yer daughters, Wakey's in town! <laugh> <whistle>

8. ellandback

Forum Moderator

But Wakey's got the handcuffs

9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Back 4 this weekend but what is the options for square pegging and maybe a surprise for Wolves:
    • Dallas back in the middle with Dan James as LWB behind Harrison
    • Forshaw as DM or Struijk
    • Harrison up top with Rodrigo behind
    • Gelhardt up top with Rodrigo behind
    • Roberts up top
    • Raphinha in the middle
    • Raphinha up top?
    We need something new especially with the same team we picked last week with Raphinha thrown in

Infidel likes this.
  10. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

both Koch and Llorente are CHs that have played as DM for other clubs. Of the 2, it always looked to me that Llorente would be better suited to the role... but Bielsa seems to prefer to keep him at CH and go with either Struijk or Koch at DM... so what do I know.

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.

11. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

If Phillips doesn’t play, the more likely Bielsa response would be to play more or less the same team (with Raphinha starting) and tell them to make amends for last week.

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

That make amends thing always seems to work as well so if it plays the same team fans need to not lose their **** straight away.

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

15. stonkin

stonkin Well-Known Member

Many years ago I worked with someone from Skipton and he said there were more women than men. If that's still the case there should be a few spares knocking about for Wakey

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  16. FORZA LEEDS

<laugh>

How many men there are in Skipton ?
    Today in Skipton living 7443 men
    How many women are there in Skipton ?
    As of today in Skipton live 7608 women

17. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

To be honest it's the daughters who need to be locking up their mothers...and the mothers need to be locking up their mothers as well.

Think the grandmothers mothers are just about safe though.

Watch out Wakeys about...at least until his wheelz get fixed anyway, then Skipton can breathe easy again.

wakeybreakyheart and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  18. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm from Skipton. Seen a truck getting towed at about 13:30. Was that you?

If I'd have seen this earlier I could have made you a brew.