1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 22nd July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 22, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Friday 27th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Leeds dogged pursuance of Charles De Ketelaere may have paid off

Leeds dogged pursuance of Charles De Ketelaere may have paid off, after it was revealed that AC Milan Directors Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara returned from Bruges yesterday empty-handed, following extensive face to face talks with their Belgium counterparts.

The Serie A Champions have set Club Brugge a deadline of this weekend to accept their €32m (£27.2m) offer, or they will turn their attentions elsewhere! It is believed that Leeds have already had a £31.5m (€37m) bid accepted for the Belgium star. De Ketelaere would prefer a move to the San Siro, yet Victor Orta is confident a deal can be done to bring him to Elland Road!

please log in to view this image

Leeds keeping close tabs on Terrier

Leeds Utd scouts have been keeping close tabs on Martin Terrier for several months now, according to 'Athletic' journalist Phil Hay. The 25yo joined Rennes from fellow Ligue 1 outfit Lille, signing a five-year contract worth €12m. Keen not to make the same mistake as they did with Raphinha, club President Nicolas Holveck has recently slapped a £34m price tag on the former French U21 marksman.

Terrier had an outstanding 21/22 season, netting 21 times in 37 appearances, but this was the first time he had set the World alight, and obviously there's a big question mark whether he can do it on a consistent basis!

According to Hay:- “You’ll have seen them linked with Martin Terrier at Rennes as well,” “Interesting that one, because we were told a few weeks ago that they’d be analysing him, the Leeds scouting department had been analysing him but weren’t sure and saw him as pretty pricey." “He had a very, very hot season for Rennes last season, but it was his first where he really exploded.”

please log in to view this image

Klich enjoying life under Marsch

Mateuz Klich is enjoying life under Jesse Marsch's reign. The 32yo Polish International took time out from his preparations to face Crystal Palace (11.05am today UK time) to discuss some of the changes the American has implemented this Summer!

Murderball is off the table. Instead, the squad are put through a shorter, more intense workout, aimed at improving their anaerobic performance. Man to man marking has also been replaced, and whilst the squad are all too familiar with the 4/2/3/1 formation, they've also had to grasp Marsch's preferred 4/2/2/2 configuration.

“We’ve got some things to work on but I think it’s gone pretty well,” “I have to say I’ve enjoyed being in Australia, it’s nice. “I’ve been in football a long time and it’s not the first time a manager changes so I know how it works. Jesse came with new ideas and we need to do what he expects us to do and what he wants us to do.

“It is not man v man marking, that’s the biggest difference, but still he wants to press and play intensive football. Marcelo’s been gone a long time ago so there’s no need to talk about him anymore. “The sessions aren’t really long but they are intensive so I have to say I enjoy it because it’s short and sharp. We’ve had good numbers in the friendlies, fitness-wise, I’ve enjoyed pre-season so far.”

“I think it’s better to play the good teams rather than having lower league opponents, winning games and going into the season a bit different,” “It’s been good to play against Premier League teams. “I think the pre-season is going well, we lost against Villa but we shouldn’t have lost that game.

"I hope we can get the win against Palace and have a good feeling before that Cagliari game and then show our fans that we are ready for the new season. “It’s good for the fans to see us here because it’s quite a long journey to our games, but it’s nice to see so many fans and it’s been good to come.”

marsch.jpg

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Time critical now to get the striker deal done and if its CDK fine but pee or get off the pot. As far as Terrier is concerned hes done nothing for years and is now 26yo, but started scoring last season? Big price, big gamble so a no from me

foolee and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds conclude their pre-season tour of Australia this morning with a game against Crystal Palace.

Jesse Marsch's side followed up their 2-1 win over Brisbane Roar with a 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa at the weekend and will be looking to end their trip on a high against Patrick Vieira's side who are missing a host of key first-team players.

Liam Cooper is set to miss out again for Leeds, while Archie Gray and Cody Drameh are the other doubts in the Whites' travelling party.

That means we should get another look at the club's first six summer signings, who are all on duty Down Under with their new side.

Weren't we supposed to be playing Man U during this tour?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Given the last couple of seasons efforts against them, the less times we play them in a season the better <doh>

Makemstine Roger, leeds60 and Aski like this.
  5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

No

Makemstine Roger and Jammy 07 like this.
  6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I could have sworn we were....

7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

8. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

9. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Sinisterra starts as remember Dan James is suspended against Wolves.

Let's see how he goes as so far there's not been much to justify the £20M+ but obviously it's very early days.

Bamford gets his second game in a row and Archie Gray makes the bench which is good news <ok>

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I'm going 2-0 Leeds. Palace have a few injuries

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Now that is very good news, thank god the injury wasn't as bad as we all first feared :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Good morning everyone, now if only we can get a quality target man over the line, i will be well happy & more excited than ever, for the start of the new season.

foolee likes this.
  12. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Terrier turned 25 in March. Only one season scoring but hadn’t always played as a striker and… admittedly from just the usual YouTube clips… looked the complete CF to me. Apparently works hard, good movement, could be a good foil or replacement for paddy.

13. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

just leave archie on the bench .

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Cheers Ell :emoticon-0148-yes:

Makemstine Roger and ellandback like this.
  16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Ok you homos. Hope you're all ready to watch the mighty whites and I hope you're all having a can.<party>

17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

The Aussie Haka!!! <cheers>

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

<cheers>

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member