1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 18th October)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Oct 18, 2019.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Friday 18th October, and here are the Leeds Utd headlines

Kinnear reveals plans for 50,000 all seater at Elland Road

Leeds Managing Director Angus Kinnear has revealed that the Capacity at Elland Road will be increased to seat 50,000, but only if the Whites get promoted!

Speaking at the civic reception celebrating Leeds United's 100th birthday, Kinnear said:-

“In our centenary year we’re very proud to announce a partnership with the council on two initiatives,” he said.

“They fall under the title of Vision Elland Road. You notice that is a far cry from the Beeston we see today.

“Part of it is around the stadium and taking our stadium up to 50,000 and turning it into a true ground which can compete with other stadiums in the Premier League and in Europe.”

Would you rather see a new state of the art stadium built?

Do you imagine that the extra seating may affect the view of the game or the seating more cramped together?

Will the funds for the expansion come from our transfer kitty?

please log in to view this image

Centenary shirt revealed

Leeds have revealed the special limited edition centenary shirt, as modelled by Liam Cooper.

The all-white shirt features a lace up collar and there is subtle embedded print of the Yorkshire Rose on the front. Kit supplier Kappa along with sponsors 32 Red and Clipper have agreed for their logos to be in white (as I'm sure that's how they did it 100 years ago!)

The players will then wear the kit for the centenary match against Birmingham City tomorrow.

There are only 1,919 shirts made, each will be uniquely numbered 1 - 1,919.

Best and worst memories of being a Leeds fan?

As Leeds celebrate their 100th Birthday, what are your best and worst memories of your beloved club?

leeds60 likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. It’ll be some expansion of the ground if it comes from our transfer kitty as Elland suggests. That would mean selling the best seats we already have and borrowing some rickety deck chairs from Blackpool

ellandback and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  3. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning all.

If we ever go up we have to expand. Don't like the idea of a completley new stadium (maybe because I'm an old git). Just look at Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and their shiny, soulless arenas. I've a mate who's a season ticket holder at West Ham and he (and all his mates) hate the new place.

OLOF likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

firstly would like to kick off about the way a lot of the 100 year anniversary stuff has gone. The shirt being limited edition has already seen ebay go wild and prices for the book and shirt in the presentation box going for over £60k and there were plenty to have a go at. I think the club have fallen into the Glazer trap and are trying to make as much money as they can without thinking about fans who cant afford to buy merchandise like that. Or indeed get anywhere near being able to attend last nights gig. Some fans were invited who had done great things for the club, but on the whole it was a cash cow. We are in danger of going back to the Bates mentality of screwing over fans and losing a whole generation of kids who couldn't afford to go to ER.

the stadium plans are fantastic and will add more value to the books and those extra 15,000 seats will be welcome as long as we dont carry on going down the prawn sandwich brigade line just because we made the premier league. We have to get promoted first though.

fully expecting some great photos and stories about last night and I have seen plenty posted so far and people like Stats had photos taken with Yeboah, Vinny, McCalister, Strachan and many more. The photo of the 100 legends was awesome and looking at Mick Jones, Giles, Big Jack alongside Radebe etc and trying to see which was the best team or what team would you make up from ghis lot. Chuffed the club have done it, chuffed the Council are involved in it and chuffed the club are getting involved in the community...... just a little peed off that it looks like a great PR and marketing opportunity for the bank balance

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

<applause>

6. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

You expect (hope!) your club to be run as an efficient business on a sound commercial basis. However, centenary celebrations should be what it says on the tin.. a celebration. Rather like the works Christmas party - it’s something you put money towards not something you try to leverage for financial benefit.

I’m fine with them looking to cover costs because we can’t whinge about lack of money for playing squad and then demand they shell out millions on a party...and I have no idea what the outlay for all this is/was.

BUT - they are managing to make it LOOK purely like a money making exercise which is both a bit sad and a PR own goal in my view.

I hope they have some free treats lined up for the fans who turn up tomorrow.

7. Normanbitmyleg70

Normanbitmyleg70 Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a link to the photo of the 100 legends and list of who was in the pic?

8. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from aslightly sunny Bardsey
    I couldn't believe that they charged £200 for last nights dinner we must have more money than sense
    No doubt AR has come up with other money making schemes to celebrate 100 years
    My best memorie sin the 70 years I have watched them
    Hull away when we were promoted to the first division.Sheff when we beat them to secure the First Division title
    Wembley twice beating Arsenal
    Worst Paris losing by default to Bayern Munich
    I didn't go to the oter final in Greece and years later a well known manager who was working in Greece told me the ref like the one in Paris had been bought so Don was too late with his offer!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  9. Nickwhite68

Nickwhite68 Well-Known Member

Spot on milky, don't think anyone begrudges buying merchandise and extra items above match day tickets or season tickets. It's just the feeling you get that the club are trying to take you for as much as they can as quick as they can. Takes an age to build up trust and only a moment to lose it. Just hope the results go our way in the coming months or mr radrizanni is in for a tough time.

10. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

So many ups and downs but my best moments were celebrating the promotion from League One with my son (and daughter and wife actually), dancing around the room doing the conga. And then taking my son, age 6, to his first game at Elland Road the following season. To see him belting out "Marching On Together" at the top of his voice before the game made me the proudest man on earth.

Farsleyexile, southernwhite and Doc like this.

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Best memories for me were champions league must have been early 2000's Anderlecht 1 Leeds Utd 4.
    Alan clarks winner FA cup finale v Arsenal.
    Beating sheff Utd to secure the old first division title.
    Biggest disappointments over the years <yikes> how long have you got :emoticon-0101-sadsm

12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

here you go Norm

ristac likes this.
  13. Normanbitmyleg70

Cheers doc. Recognise a few from the glory years.

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We have a stronger team out against Birmingham than we did last time and great to see Jordan Stevens on the bench after his Fa banishment (****ers) also Pablo starts

15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Football Focus Tomoz features Yaboah

DirtyLeeds and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  16. Normanbitmyleg70

As in Tony yabba dabba boah?

Wish he had his boots with him.

ellandback likes this.
  17. lifecheshirewhite

Will be half a game and sub tomorrow.

18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Currently 3-0 down <doh>

19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I knew Nketiah should have started.....................................................

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I blame Bamford

Leedsoflondon likes this.